Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Urgent! Recommendation needed to find a new host

Hi,

I am running a site with 50GB/month bandwidth and 1GB space and Hostgator blocked my site today.

They said that the site exceeded the maximum limit of simultaneous process.

The site is not using any database but generate about 2.5 million pageviews/month.

I have been paying $9.95/month to Hostgator and need to find a host ASAP with compatible price range.

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hyo

If you are looking for an unmanaged vps provider with great performance, uptime and reliability, try ramnode.

I tried many managed solutions earlier, but not satisfied and started managing on my own all my servers. No recommendations for managed providers.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

If you want A vps provider I use cortexnetworks.com they are great. I also have a couple vps' with crissic.net I have had no problems with either of them and the support is great.

But yea I used to work for hostgator, and on shared you only get 20 conceurrent processes, question cause I seen this ALL the time. Are you on a Mac or using Apples email program? Cause that would always kick people into suspension cause the way it idles it creates a new process every 15 mins or how ever long when it would check the mail again.

Yes, I am using a Mac and is this a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ExpertWebHostNET View Post
    If you are looking for an unmanaged vps provider with great performance, uptime and reliability, try ramnode.

I tried many managed solutions earlier, but not satisfied and started managing on my own all my servers. No recommendations for managed providers.
    It looks that ramnode might be a good solution.
    There are many plans. Which one do you recommend?

Its better to contact ramnode sales (sales[at]ramnode.com) with your requirements.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

If Hyo is using a shared hosting service, then I am not sure it is appropriate to recommend an unmanaged VPS unless he knows how to manage one. We all know that managing a VPS is a complex, challenging task for a beginner. VPSs are difficult to maintain and secure without considerable experience.

My guess is that he needs another shared hosting service. (He might possibly consider a managed VPS as an alternative.) I wonder if he is posting in the correct forum. If Hyo is looking for another shared hosting service, I have had good experiences with Arvixe.com. Their support has been helpful and responsive, and they include cPanel to make it easy.

Hyo:
    1. Do you know how to manage a VPS? (If you are not sure, then the answer is "No.")
    2. Are you looking for another shared hosting service, an unmanaged VPS, or a managed VPS?

Quote Originally Posted by vps_newbie View Post
    If Hyo is using a shared hosting service, then I am not sure it is appropriate to recommend an unmanaged VPS unless he knows how to manage one. We all know that managing a VPS is a complex, challenging task for a beginner. VPSs are difficult to maintain and secure without considerable experience.

My guess is that he needs another shared hosting service. (He might possibly consider a managed VPS as an alternative.) I wonder if he is posting in the correct forum. If Hyo is looking for another shared hosting service, I have had good experiences with Arvixe.com. Their support has been helpful and responsive, and they include cPanel to make it easy.

Hyo:
    1. Do you know how to manage a VPS? (If you are not sure, then the answer is "No.")
    2. Are you looking for another shared hosting service, an unmanaged VPS, or a managed VPS?
    1. The answer is no.
    2. I got tired of shared hosting services.
    If I can be helped in initial transfer and setting, then I want
    to try out the unmanaged vps. I have some unix background.
    If it is too complex to manage, then managed vps might be an
    option too.

If you are moving from a shared hosting to a VPS you will probably need a control panel as moving and managing an unmanaged VPS without a control panel by your self can be tricky.
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

Quote Originally Posted by muonium View Post
    I got tired of shared hosting services.
    If I can be helped in initial transfer and setting, then I want to try out the unmanaged vps.
    You can contact hosting company regarding this. Generally un-managed VPS comes with only OS installed. You need to install and configure everything.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Try KnownHost - that was easy.

A bit more than your budget, but the peace of mind is worth it.
    Nothing here right now.

Why get a VPS when you don't need one? When its your mail program just switch mail software.

Question

Hi,
    Hostgator blocked my site today.
    any reason?
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

site exceeded the maximum limit of simultaneous process
    it the post

Quote Originally Posted by HostingBig View Post
    Why get a VPS when you don't need one? When its your mail program just switch mail software.

It is not the mail program since I am using the default mail system.

I need to correct the bandwidth/month which is found to be 244 GB/month (November data).

I need to correct the bandwidth/month which is found to be 244 GB/month (November data).
    And I guess it will raise more.
    You definetely need something more than shared hosting with such a traffic, semi-dedicated or dedicated server.
    And you have to increase your budget.
    NetDynamics LLC - One-stop Solution for Hosting Needs
    We love Backups! Backup storage for your server backups

It is not the mail program since I am using the default mail system.

Have you checked your cPanel bandwidth usage chart. That may give you some idea where most bandwidth is used.

cPanel >> Logs >> Bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    Have you checked your cPanel bandwidth usage chart. That may give you some idea where most bandwidth is used.

cPanel >> Logs >> Bandwidth
    That is where I got 243 GB/November bandwidth.
    99.9% is from http usage and 0.1% from FTP.

That is where I got 243 GB/November bandwidth.
    99.9% is from http usage and 0.1% from FTP.
    That means you are getting huge traffic. Have you checked the visitors stat of your website of past 3-4 months??

If its growing at a good speed, you should consider a VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    That means you are getting huge traffic. Have you checked the visitors stat of your website of past 3-4 months??

If its growing at a good speed, you should consider a VPS.
    Yes, it is growing rapidly. I think I have never touched cPanel after the initial setup.

Also I think I need a managed VPS instead of unmanaged one.

Yes, it is growing rapidly. I think I have never touched cPanel after the initial setup.

Also I think I need a managed VPS instead of unmanaged one.
    Yes, its good to get managed VPS if you are newbie for server related stuff.

If you want to learn basic things related to VPS management, get a cheap VPS and start playing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Michael View Post
    And I guess it will raise more.
    You definetely need something more than shared hosting with such a traffic, semi-dedicated or dedicated server.
    And you have to increase your budget.
    I beg to differ. 244GB isn't a lot of bandwidth. I have a site sitting idle, it alone uses more than 350GB bandwidth a month & its neither a picture or a video site to eat up bandwidth.

Coming back to you OP, have you considered budget at first before hunting for hosts ?

Since u don't have any knowledge on how to manage VPS, I would recommend you to get managed hosting for at least couple of months. If possible after successfully migrating sites, just try to get unmanaged VPS & try playing on it. May be you can switch to an unmanaged host down the line, if there's a need for it.

I would also suggest you to contact hosts directly if you are unsure how much resources you would be utilizing. Best way to go would be Cloud Hosting, as you can increase specs on the fly.

My recommendations for managed VPS - wiredtree, servint, knownhost, futurehosting, bigbrainglobal, Unixy

Unmanaged host - Ramnode, Buyvm, HudsonValleyHost, digitalocean

I haven't used cloud hosting first hand, so I can't recommend any directly.

I am running a site with 50GB/month bandwidth
    *data-transfer* not *bandwidth* :p

The site is not using any database but generate about 2.5 million pageviews/month
    Sounds like a managed VPS or Dedicated Server would be more appropriate - you'll want a budget at least 10 times the current payment as a starting point...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by ransome View Post
    I beg to differ. 244GB isn't a lot of bandwidth.
    It is a lot for most shared hosting plans. And as said previously, it will raise a lot if moving to a decent service.
    Last edited by NetDynamics LLC; 12-08-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    NetDynamics LLC - One-stop Solution for Hosting Needs
    We love Backups! Backup storage for your server backups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast