Stay away from Webtropia

Hi,

I had big problems with webtropia and want every webmaster know this.
    I'm working with them for several months and I have dedicated server.
    I want to upgrade my server so I bough a new server from them and cancel my old server. So I have opened a ticket and ask them is there anything that I have to do. They said I can open cancel request at least 4 weeks. Several months ago I had asked the same question and they said that just send cancellation request 3 days before.

In their webpage it is written that new server delivery time is 12 hours. I asked them and they said "no, it is 12-48 hours". And they delivered new server 60 hours later and had a disk issue and now it's been 5 days and I get the server ready.

Now they don't refund, cancel or anything for both servers.
    I'm basically cheated. Now I'm trying to find a way legally get my money. And let people know this.

The most important problem with them; there are very rude and they reply after 1 day. They are very slow. So if you have a problem with your server you cannot get fast support.

I'm working with hosting providers almost 10 years. I have worked with lots of them but never see a company like webtropia and vpsland. Just stay away them.

Quote Originally Posted by afsarsal View Post
    Hi,

I had big problems with webtropia and want every webmaster know this.
    I'm working with them for several months and I have dedicated server.
    I want to upgrade my server so I bough a new server from them and cancel my old server. So I have opened a ticket and ask them is there anything that I have to do. They said I can open cancel request at least 4 weeks. Several months ago I had asked the same question and they said that just send cancellation request 3 days before.

In their webpage it is written that new server delivery time is 12 hours. I asked them and they said "no, it is 12-48 hours". And they delivered new server 60 hours later and had a disk issue and now it's been 5 days and I get the server ready.

Now they don't refund, cancel or anything for both servers.
    I'm basically cheated. Now I'm trying to find a way legally get my money. And let people know this.

The most important problem with them; there are very rude and they reply after 1 day. They are very slow. So if you have a problem with your server you cannot get fast support.

I'm working with hosting providers almost 10 years. I have worked with lots of them but never see a company like webtropia and vpsland. Just stay away them.
    Sorry what does this have to do with vpsland.com?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

I worked with VPSLand 5 years ago for 2-3 years. They were cheap and not bad.
    But after 2-3 years they have sent the contract payment e-mail as always. They normally wait for several days to get payment from customer, if customer doesn't pay they send a second e-mail and then alert e-mail,etc...
    So I get the first e-mail then after 2-3 days they have closed the server and deleted all my data without telling me anything.

They normally must send a second reminder e-mail or alert e-mail.
    Or just pause the server but they have deleted everything just 2-3 days payment delaying without any notification. It took 1 week me to find a company and install all the websites, etc...
    Many of my websites lost rank. And I didn't have the latest backups so I had to rewrite lots of codes and changes again. This caused me time and very bad google rank and as a result money. One of my website has never ranked well in google. So in 5 years basically it cost me appr. 20.000-30.000$.

I think webtropia will do the same thing. Close my servers and delete my data without reminding me.

I worked with VPSLand 5 years ago for 2-3 years. They were cheap and not bad.
    But after 2-3 years they have sent the contract payment e-mail as always. They normally wait for several days to get payment from customer, if customer doesn't pay they send a second e-mail and then alert e-mail,etc...
    So I get the first e-mail then after 2-3 days they have closed the server and deleted all my data without telling me anything.

They normally must send a second reminder e-mail or alert e-mail.
    Or just pause the server but they have deleted everything just 2-3 days payment delaying without any notification. It took 1 week me to find a company and install all the websites, etc...
    Many of my websites lost rank. And I didn't have the latest backups so I had to rewrite lots of codes and changes again. This caused me time and very bad google rank and as a result money. One of my website has never ranked well in google. So in 5 years basically it cost me appr. 20.000-30.000$.

I think webtropia will do the same thing. Close my servers and delete my data without reminding me.
    Its your responsibility to pay your bills on time and keep backups. Not sure how this would be the companies fault for you not paying your bill?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

really? Have you read what I have written?
    Read carefully.
    Hosting companies send an e-mail for customers make payment and customers make payment. If they want to close immediately why they send e-mail?
    Answer is very easy huh. Because they want to inform customer and wait for payment. That's why then send reminding e-mail. If they're intending to close server don't send any e-mail and close the server immediately after 1 second the contract date end.

And they did this 2-3 years' customer who make payments without problems and on-time and this customer asks rarely for support.
    If you want to do business you should keep this kind of customers and if you want to business you should always obey the rules.

really? Have you read what I have written?
    Read carefully.
    Hosting companies send an e-mail for customers make payment and customers make payment. If they want to close immediately why they send e-mail?
    Answer is very easy huh. Because they want to inform customer and wait for payment. That's why then send reminding e-mail. If they're intending to close server don't send any e-mail and close the server immediately after 1 second the contract date end.

And they did this 2-3 years' customer who make payments without problems and on-time and this customer asks rarely for support.
    If you want to do business you should keep this kind of customers and if you want to business you should always obey the rules.
    Something is not adding up here, why would they close your account if you paid?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Please read carefully, webtropia and vpsland problems are different.

Quote Originally Posted by NetDepot - Terrence View Post
    Something is not adding up here, why would they close your account if you paid?
    The way I read it, he didn't properly cancel the server on time and they are trying to bill him but he didn't want to pay it :-)

Correct?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

no that's not correct.
    I made the cancellation 4 days before the end the of contract date.
    But they said that I should cancel 4 weeks ago.
    But the problem is 2 months ago when I asked them howto cancel they had said that I can cancel 3 days before the end the of contract date.
    Now they don't cancel the old server either new server. So I have 2 server.

And the new server delivered to me after 5 days. So I made a payment and 5 days later I got the server, this is the second problem. This is problem because before deciding to buy a new server I saw in their website, server delivery time is 12 hours.

The funny thing is I don't say goodbye them.
    I just wanted to upgrade my server and continue to work them. It costs me double.

Same issue

Me and my friend had the same issue with them.

when I asked them howto cancel they had said that I can cancel 3 days before the end the of contract date.
    I'm assuming you read the ToS you agreed to when signing up, which says 4 weeks. Did you point out to them that their answer was not in the ToS?

You should have read the AGB, that's clearly explained there you need to cancel 4 weeks before...

I believe they clearly state in their website that they must be notified 4 months in advance for cancellation. I had VPS with them some time ago and it was very good. This is why you should read policies carefully.
    OaaS - Optimization as a Service
    Your application, Your infrastructure, Our expertise.