Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Reseller Club deleting clients domain names

A few days ago our domain synchronization script picked up an error on a couple of .UK domains. Investigating the issue I found two domains were no longer showing on our Reseller Club interface. Digging down it appears that there were deleted. As they still had 6 months left to run I was a little shocked and immediately opened a support ticket.

The initial response was very fast and they said they were immediately escalation the issue, however after nearly 18 hours I still hadn't heard anything back so chased. I got a prompt response that they were working on it and took that at face value.

48 hours later I've still heard nothing back so I chase them again but I'm just getting palmed off with "we are working on it please wait". I've gone so far but to give them the emergency out of hours registry telephone number but I just get "we are working on it" back in response.

We only have a few legacy domains in our Reseller Club account from a takeover so we don't have any decent contacts within Reseller Club.
    It's clearly totally unacceptable but Reseller club don't seem to understand the urgency, I wonder how quickly they move if resellerclub.com was deleted.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort this mess that Reseller Club has created?
    █ Manuel Tuthill
    www.regdotter.com Cheap domain names

█ www.AvenueHost.com Quality Shared, Reseller and VPS hosting.

If your customers were from Syria , Iran etc. they have moved them to a different provider as their company was sold to USA owner and they do not support these countries anymore.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

They are not moved. They are deleted. There are no root records for them.
    █ Manuel Tuthill

What does the Whois say about the domains?

And seeing they are .uk domains, had you considered taking this up with Nominet?

Whois returns nothing.

Very little point in talking to Nominet as I'm neither the registree or the registrar so they can't really give me any details.
    █ Manuel Tuthill

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelT View Post
    Whois returns nothing.

Very little point in talking to Nominet as I'm neither the registree or the registrar so they can't really give me any details.
    I know something is going on over there lately, my domain got suspended for mistakenly added to a DNBL blacklist. Got it removed took them over 8 hours to unsuspend it. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did delete them. But they have no right to do so, I'd report them to ICANN or Nominet if I was you mate.

Man, this is not good.

The last bad experienced I have is when someone from their office used my credit card to purchase anything on the internet.

Good thing my bank is pro-active and blocked it right away then we were able to get our money back :-)

We still have domains with them paying via paypal but seeing this post, makes me wonder again.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    I'd report them to ICANN or Nominet if I was you mate.
    As a reseller in this case all we can do is help and support the client.
    █ Manuel Tuthill

As a reseller in this case all we can do is help and support the client.
    There is a rep from RC and he can help you. Contact him
    HostinPK.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting
    cPanel/CWP | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept PayPal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, and Bank payments

A few days ago our domain synchronization script picked up an error on a couple of .UK domains. Investigating the issue I found two domains were no longer showing on our Reseller Club interface. Digging down it appears that there were deleted. As they still had 6 months left to run I was a little shocked and immediately opened a support ticket.

The initial response was very fast and they said they were immediately escalation the issue, however after nearly 18 hours I still hadn't heard anything back so chased. I got a prompt response that they were working on it and took that at face value.

48 hours later I've still heard nothing back so I chase them again but I'm just getting palmed off with "we are working on it please wait". I've gone so far but to give them the emergency out of hours registry telephone number but I just get "we are working on it" back in response.

We only have a few legacy domains in our Reseller Club account from a takeover so we don't have any decent contacts within Reseller Club.
    It's clearly totally unacceptable but Reseller club don't seem to understand the urgency, I wonder how quickly they move if resellerclub.com was deleted.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort this mess that Reseller Club has created?
    Hey,

We regret the inconvenience caused by this issue and will look into this immediately. Could you please provide us with your Support Ticket Number or Reseller ID by Private Message so that we can check with the respective team and give you an update on this?

Whois returns nothing.

Were you a named contact for those domain names? If you were then Nominet WILL talk to you... and even if they aren't they'd probably be interested to hear what happened. They have a whole army of staff to deal directly with registrants who have problems with registrars or who have questions that registrars can't answer.

(BTW, it's registrant, not registree)

Quote Originally Posted by RC Aaron View Post
    Could you please provide us with your Support Ticket Number
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by cashone123 View Post
    I am sorry for my comment.
    I am sorry for your comment too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubeca View Post
    Were you a named contact for those domain names?
    No, we always register in the clients name. I'll probably try Nominet as a last resort if Reseller Club don't come back with anything by the end of today.

(BTW, it's registrant, not registree)
    Good catch, I guess that is what I get for working past midnight on stuff.
    █ Manuel Tuthill

Hey Manuel,

We have checked this at our end and require the registry's input on this. The appropriate query has also been forwarded to the registry, but our support staff missed mentioning that on your ticket. We regret the inconvenience caused by this.

You would have received a call from one of our Account Managers and you can register the deleted domains for free with us. We will update the same on the ticket and provide an update once Nominet reverts to us with the reasons behind the deletion.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Man, this is not good.

The last bad experienced I have is when someone from their office used my credit card to purchase anything on the internet.

Good thing my bank is pro-active and blocked it right away then we were able to get our money back :-)

We still have domains with them paying via paypal but seeing this post, makes me wonder again.
    Reseller Club used your credit card to buy things?
    miniVPS - UK Based Value and Premium VPS Servers!
    Xavvo.com Innovative Hosting for Innovative People!

Man, this is not good.

Hey,

ResellerClub does not save Credit Card information of its clients and we do not have an auto-renewal option, so there is really no way this could have occurred. So we would like to investigate further and ensure there isn't a mistake somewhere.

We consider this an incredibly serious issue and we would like to get to the bottom of this. Can you please provide us with any details such as date of the abuse transaction, amount, merchant details or anything at all through Private Message.

We have also emailed you regarding the same on your MSN account listed on your WHT profile. We look forward to your assistance in investigating this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Aaron View Post
    Hey,

ResellerClub does not save Credit Card information of its clients and we do not have an auto-renewal option, so there is really no way this could have occurred. So we would like to investigate further and ensure there isn't a mistake somewhere.

We consider this an incredibly serious issue and we would like to get to the bottom of this. Can you please provide us with any details such as date of the abuse transaction, amount, merchant details or anything at all through Private Message.

We have also emailed you regarding the same on your MSN account listed on your WHT profile. We look forward to your assistance in investigating this issue.

That is ok Aaron.

This happened like almost 3 years ago which is why we moved all our domains to opensrs during those time.

This happened to us 2 times. The first time it happened, we thought it was a problem with the other provider we are using so we decided to change the card then used it only with reseller club then it happened again and we made an investigation and it was coming from India. I believe RC was using some processor in India during those time.

For now, we are just using Paypal to avoid this issue.

Another suggestion is you need to stop suspending domains instantly without investigating it properly or without giving warning like 24 hours to solve it. This is what we do not like with RC. We still have domains with you but only those personal and non critical domains. I still can't trust RC 100% with all our precious domains until the above has been resolved.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Another suggestion is you need to stop suspending domains instantly without investigating it properly or without giving warning like 24 hours to solve it. This is what we do not like with RC. We still have domains with you but only those personal and non critical domains. I still can't trust RC 100% with all our precious domains until the above has been resolved.
    +1 Agree on this.

I second this. RC suspended one of our customer's domains in the past, and the communication with RC was not pleasant at all.

Out of curiosity what constitutes a domain being 'suspended' (other than non renewal)?

I did a quick google and interestingly enough the first one is a WHT thread about someone saying RC does this too much.

I have not had a case where I have seen a domain get suspended for any other reason than just expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by SPINIKR-RO View Post
    I have not had a case where I have seen a domain get suspended for any other reason than just expiration.
    Domains can get suspended for false Whois information... if it's a GTLD domains any complaints have to through ICANN and it's a long-winded process (and ICANN seems to be something of a paper tiger), but if it's a .uk domain then Nominet is quite quick to pull the plug. They will give you one week to correct the details, then that's it.

Also, some registrars will suspend domains for spamming (or even alleged spamming)

Yeah but all that stuff does not sound like every day issues that occur, or things that would spark people to ask for some leeway. Though I guess if you had a huge domain portfolio something like that could* happen but not on a regular basis I would think.

Same issue from resellerclub,we changed registrar company after this issue,the interesting event about resellerclub is that some times their online support block you when you ask them about your domain!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcdan View Post
    I second this. RC suspended one of our customer's domains in the past, and the communication with RC was not pleasant at all.
    One of our client registered few Pharmacy related domains, within few days those were suspended and the reason was "Online Pharmacy Store"

When we asked RC support to unsuspend them since there was no website configured yet and all of domains were still using RC parking nameservers. The Support guy replied back a robotic message without reading my given explanation that As per Indian law online pharmacy stores are illegal without proper license and they can not unsuspend such domain names
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services

Quote Originally Posted by ovais View Post
    One of our client registered few Pharmacy related domains, within few days those were suspended and the reason was "Online Pharmacy Store"

When we asked RC support to unsuspend them since there was no website configured yet and all of domains were still using RC parking nameservers. The Support guy replied back a robotic message without reading my given explanation that As per Indian law online pharmacy stores are illegal without proper license and they can not unsuspend such domain names
    If they don't want domains registered with certain keywords, just simply don't allow it at registration time.

But suspending a domain after taking the money, based only on appeareace of a word is illegal. The domain may still be used to provide information about pharmacy or even to legally sell medicines legally, under a different jurisdiction law
    Mousa: [as Rambo prepares to play Afghan game 'buzkashi'] God must love crazy people.
    Rambo: [getting on horse] Why?
    Mousa: He make so many of them!

Quote Originally Posted by SPINIKR-RO View Post
    Out of curiosity what constitutes a domain being 'suspended' (other than non renewal)?

I did a quick google and interestingly enough the first one is a WHT thread about someone saying RC does this too much.

Domains can get suspended for false Whois information... if it's a GTLD domains any complaints have to through ICANN and it's a long-winded process (and ICANN seems to be something of a paper tiger), but if it's a .uk domain then Nominet is quite quick to pull the plug. They will give you one week to correct the details, then that's it.

Also, some registrars will suspend domains for spamming (or even alleged spamming)
    Adding to what Lubeca said: registrars generally suspend domain names for breach of contract and court orders. Aside from spamming and false WHOIS, they may suspend for chargebacks, phishing, sale of illegal or illicit material, violation of applicable law, etc.

More of than not, registrars won't suspend or worse without an arguably valid, material reason.

Curious also what happened in this case...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast