Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick A View Post
    You're right, it's not, but that's not what your load is. The equivalent percentage is 137%. Hopefully you can see the difference at this point.
    Unless it's a multi-threaded/multi-processor system, then it gets tricker.

Myself? I don't worry about load until it hits 5. Even on older systems (way older than before I started doing this stuff ), a system at 5 is pretty reasonable, and just indicates that the system is working.

Much more than 5 and you're going to see issues
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Jesus Christ, guys! That fellow is on a VPS, not on a dedicated server. It is a SHARED environment and the cores are not dedicated to him. I do not want a neighbour like this on a VPS who permanently uses more than 1 full core.

I completely agree, a load of 1-2 is nothing on a dedicated server. But that is not what we are talking about here.

I took a look at the Ramnode AUP and it is indeed very clear concerning CPU usage and load:
    HARDWARE RESOURCE USAGE
    Client agrees not to run any processes on his or her VPS which create a CPU load above .9 on the VPS for an extended period of time or which cause a high CPU load on the host node for an extended period of time. In other words, client agrees not to use the equivalent of a full core for him or herself for an extended period of time. Disruptive CPU usage may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved.

As Nick said your using 137% of one core so over a core.

Yes you have 4 cores but I'm guessing it would be in small periods you could use all four cores. (Like in small bursts) However you are on a shared environment.

18629 maheradi 20 0 4964 532 528 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 perl /tmp/bp.pl 31337

That is an irc bot script. I had someone try it on my server. Didn't get very far. atomic rule set alerted me of the attempt. Check the http logs and you will find the request for it...
    24hrs Server Support || 30 Days Money Back || 99.99% Uptime
    Web hosting for the advanced client!
    www.TheWebHosters.Net - PayPal accepted!!

Quote Originally Posted by GNG-Zane View Post
    As Nick said your using 137% of one core so over a core.

Yes you have 4 cores but I'm guessing it would be in small periods you could use all four cores. (Like in small bursts) However you are on a shared environment.
    So that why they mention core with each vps package ?

if they are not allowing as mention in vps package,

according to AUP they need to mention only 1 core with each vps package, but to get customer they mention 4 cores
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

You have access to 4 cores, not 4 dedicated cores. We try to be flexible and allow people to burst like GNG-Zane indicated. That is typical VPS language. Some hosts are more lenient on how much they let users get away with.
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nick A View Post
    You have access to 4 cores, not 4 dedicated cores. We try to be flexible and allow people to burst like GNG-Zane indicated. That is typical VPS language. Some hosts are more lenient on how much they let users get away with.
    as you mention in AUP not possible for shared hosting even not possible for any good traffic single web site
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

Quote Originally Posted by gold2 View Post
    as you mention in AUP not possible for shared hosting even not possible for any good traffic single web site
    We have several thousand clients for whom this is not an issue whatsoever. I wish you the best hosting elsewhere.
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

Quote Originally Posted by gold2 View Post
    Did you find the load average went down after you removed that script / irc bot from your server? Have you looked for other malware? Running a free hosting service is always likely to attract abusers - much more so than a single website.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Yes 4 core means 4*100.
    But in case of vps you never get dedicated cores , you get shared cores.
    And this is the reason why vps is cheaper then dedicated if you just compare the cores.

In the perfect vps world, it does not matter how many cores you have, what matters is the your top command should never go above 1.
    Mark it as a tip
    CFG Web Hosting Company, Haryana, India
    Premium CDN Based cPanel Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Follow Twitter:@cfghosting - www.cfg.co.in - +91.8988113379

It's normal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12