Hostmantis Urgency Review

I don't know how they can run business like this.
    I was using them in the past, but about a year ago as I see from tickets I started having some troubles and I contacted their support, which couldn't give me any solution and answers on my questions and troubles, they just kept saying it's not their fault. they didn't answer ma any single question, just kept giving some unreleated answers so I was really annoyed and asked their support stuff what's their IQ. Well I stopped using them since then.

But about 3 weeks ago, one of my clients running auctions site, had some GoDaddy hosting issues since it couldn't process forms with action POST, so as a quick and temporary solution I created account on Hostmantis.
    So after all auctions where done this week I was started creating all the backups, but site became inaccessible, and couldnt backup anything. Logging in to my customer area fixed that, but I sent them if they can fix that so I don't need to lig in to get my backups.

As response, they cancelled my account and refunded me
    And I have no backups for the database or updated files on the site, and they are not responding and they don't wish to give those backups to me.
    And client had few thousands of dollars worth invoices there, postage and address info, new users which he got from spending few hundreds of dollars on marketing. And I can't get to access any.

Is there anyway some1 can get Hostmantis to respond and get me those backups? I don't know how they can do business like this...

Nvm, after dozens of emails send, finally got my backup.

Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by astraldemon View Post
    Nvm, after dozens of emails send, finally got my backup.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

That is good to hear that you got your backups, however...I don't understand the logic in using a provider that you quit using for issues in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel B View Post
    That is good to hear that you got your backups, however...I don't understand the logic in using a provider that you quit using for issues in the first place...
    I know, but I really had to came up with quick solution since my client needed that fast, and GoDaddy had that issue for some time now (so it's obviously they can't fix it) and he didn't see that because he runs his auctions periodically.
    I also stopped using any hosting some time ago (the last one I had was great but they went into only VPS and Dedi waters) and I work on freelances sites now, where I am sure I'll get payed.
    So I was unfamiliar with any hosting I can use for 2 weeks and didn't have much time to investigate so I went with HostMantis until auctions are over and I can transfer back and look for some permanent solution.

It's finally solved and I can breath normally.

Ok, now for a true account of the situation....

This client was previously terminated for being abusive towards staff and has since continued to try to sign up accounts with us (which we continue to cancel and refund).

Recently this client managed to sign up an account and it went unnoticed until they opened a support ticket and upon further review was yet again cancelled and refunded.

Considering the account should not have even been on our servers to begin with, we even went ahead and gave them a backup.

For a client that claims we offer poor service, they sure are trying desperately to use our service.
    SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    US/UK/MY - 100% Uptime - Shared - Reseller - cPanel - DirectAdmin - WHMCS Included!
    Blazing Fast NVMe SSD - CloudLinux - Imunify360 - LiteSpeed - MailChannels - JetBackup

Quote Originally Posted by HostMantis View Post
    Ok, now for a true account of the situation....

This client was previously terminated for being abusive towards staff and has since continued to try to sign up accounts with us (which we continue to cancel and refund).

Recently this client managed to sign up an account and it went unnoticed until they opened a support ticket and upon further review was yet again cancelled and refunded.

Considering the account should not have even been on our servers to begin with, we even went ahead and gave them a backup.

For a client that claims we offer poor service, they sure are trying desperately to use our service.
    Yeah, that whole first post from the OP sounded odd.
    I figured it was something like this.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||