Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 1 TB per day (30 TB a month)

Requirements:

• 1 TB per day of bandwidth (30 TB a month)
    • Adult content friendly
    • DDOS protection preferred, but not generally required.

Budget
    :

$2,500 a month

Anyone come to mind?

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Any specific location? What are the rest of the server requirements: CPU, ram, hard drive, RAID, ect.

Most providers should be able to meet the 30TB/month limit. However not as many have real DDos protection.
    NewYorkCityServers.com - Specializing In Dedicated Servers and Financial Hosting
    True Enterprise Service, Tier 3 Manhattan Datacenter, 100+ Gbps Network, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7 Support - Email, Tickets, Phone and Live Chat
    Bandwidth Graphs, Remote Power Control, Automated OS Re-installs, Secured IPMI+KVM Included With Every Server

Quote Originally Posted by NYCServers-Nick View Post
    Any specific location? What are the rest of the server requirements: CPU, ram, hard drive, RAID, ect.

Most providers should be able to meet the 30TB/month limit. However not as many have real DDos protection.
    10 GB of disk space
    SSD drives are preferred, but SAS can be accepted if high quality
    1 - 2 CPU core if SSD OR 2 - 4 if SAS drive (we also found that odd, but it is what it is)
    2 - 4 GB ram

The bandwidth is mostly the concern.

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

For $2,500/month you could get a heck of a lot more than 30TB/month. Most 100TB servers sell for ~$250/month. $2,500/month is more the gigabit unmetered range (~333TB out if you maxed it out).

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
    For $2,500/month you could get a heck of a lot more than 30TB/month. Most 100TB servers sell for ~$250/month. $2,500/month is more the gigabit unmetered range (~333TB out if you maxed it out).
    That has not been our experience, sadly.

Most well known host freak out when you say 1 - 2 TB per day. It comes out to about 50 gb per hour.

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

A fully dedicated 100Mbps port would be able to do the bandwidth you need, or 100Meg commit on a Gigabit port. To what degree do you require DDoS protection? Most providers can null-route for you, but if you require extensive protection on a regular basis, it will cost extra.
    Jason Canady • Unlimited Net, LLC
    812.669.0551 • sales [at] unlimitednet.us
    Midwest Hosting Solutions • AS11990
    Dedicated Server Hosting

Are you looking to protect a website or an application with DDoS protection? Any preferred location?
    GenesisAdaptive.com · IP Transit and Connectivity, Colocation, & Enterprise IT Services
    █ Available in 9 Metros, 3 Continents, 1/10/40/100G Ports.
    Follow us on Twitter @GenesisAdaptive!
    █ Phone: (309) 807-5261 · Email: leec @genesisadaptive.com

Check out reliablesite. I am sure they will be wayyyyyyyy under your budget.

Many do advertise 30TB because most customers will not use that much bandwidth but you need to read the terms before singing on.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonsite View Post
    A fully dedicated 100Mbps port would be able to do the bandwidth you need, or 100Meg commit on a Gigabit port. To what degree do you require DDoS protection? Most providers can null-route for you, but if you require extensive protection on a regular basis, it will cost extra.
    General idea would be for the site to remain online during a full DDOS attack. Historically, that has only happen 1x in the 8 years the site has been online. So it is not a high concern, but if it were to happen, the general idea would be to remain online.

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Injection View Post
    Check out reliablesite. I am sure they will be wayyyyyyyy under your budget.
    Thank you for the recommendation!
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by NetDepot - Terrence View Post
    Many do advertise 30TB because most customers will not use that much bandwidth but you need to read the terms before singing on.
    Most host both advertise it and their TOS supports it, but upon actual implication they run off screaming,

When I say we need 30 TB per month, 1 - 2 TB per day, about 50 GB per hour.... I mean it.

(If you do the math it's the same)

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    Thank you for the recommendation!
    Who is your upstream provider.

I ask, because when I look up your domain name, I see you're using cloud flare... We do not count that as a dependable service (not even as a paid one).

And do you allow adult content?

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Lee@GenesisAdaptive View Post
    Are you looking to protect a website or an application with DDoS protection? Any preferred location?
    Location is not important, per say.

Traffic according to Google's report is evenly distributed globally... ie...

25% North America
    25% South America
    25% Europe
    25 % Asia

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisitors View Post
    Who is your upstream provider.

I ask, because when I look up your domain name, I see you're using cloud flare... We do not count that as a dependable service (not even as a paid one).

And do you allow adult content?
    Sending you a private message.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Sending you a private message.
    Got your pm. Would like to ask publicly though if you have an uncapped, unmetered plan.

We have been accused of eating through 100 Mbps

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Got your pm. Would like to ask publicly though if you have an uncapped, unmetered plan.

We have been accused of eating through 100 Mbps
    Yes, we offer a 100 Mbps unmetered plan, and a 1 Gbps unmetered plan. Both are 100% dedicated ports and both are well within your budget.

Staminus or CNServers will handle this if you want a dedicated

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Yes, we offer a 100 Mbps unmetered plan, and a 1 Gbps unmetered plan. Both are 100% dedicated ports and both are well within your budget.
    Once a year, usually New Years, we do max out around 500 TB. We of course pay the difference and usually make an advance deposit for this event. Because it is scheduled (planned).

But there has been one host in the past (2 years back) who just pulled the plug, even though we were paying them.

Would this be an issue?

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

Once a year, usually New Years, we do max out around 500 TB. We of course pay the difference and usually make an advance deposit for this event. Because it is scheduled (planned).

But there has been one host in the past (2 years back) who just pulled the plug, even though we were paying them.

Would this be an issue?
    If you're paying for the 1 Gbps unmetered, you can use it all you want, our system wouldn't even pick up the heavy usage since it won't be monitoring traffic on an unmetered port. You wouldn't be able to physically push that kind of bandwidth with a 100 Mbps port. If you have any other specifics you want to ask, I would recommend it over private message.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    Staminus or CNServers will handle this if you want a dedicated

Francisco
    I can not find any information about the 2nd provider you have list. Can you please supply a link to them?

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

If you're paying for the 1 Gbps unmetered, you can use it all you want, our system wouldn't even pick up the heavy usage since it won't be monitoring traffic on an unmetered port. You wouldn't be able to physically push that kind of bandwidth with a 100 Mbps port. If you have any other specifics you want to ask, I would recommend it over private message.
    We would most likely want the 1 Gbps unmetered then. That is why I asked if you had something "more" than the 100 Mbps earlier. I did not notice that you did have better on your site until now (its a nice dark design, but the font on my screen make it look thin)

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

I can not find any information about the 2nd provider you have list. Can you please supply a link to them?
    http://cnservers.com

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Anyone come to mind?
    There are plenty of providers that can meet your bandwidth needs. I have listed 11 off the top of my head. I have experience with the first 6 and most likely will try out the remaining 5 sometime in the future.

• 100TB
    • Incero
    • Gigenet
    • Database by Design
    • Oplink
    • Wholesale Internet
    • Constant / Unmetered Servers / Reliable Servers
    • Reliablesite.net
    • Secured Servers (Phoenix NAP)
    • Hivelocity
    • Versaweb
    Last edited by mainpipe; 11-21-2013 at 01:21 AM.

any decent host should be able to support 1tb a day thats not all that much bandwith.

really depends on the scripts you use just the bandwith is nothing much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast