UK-based VPS hosting

Hey y'all,

So I'm trying to get some recommendations for VPS hosting that is UK BASED...

I've had Heart Internet recommended and they seem good but any more pointers would be much appreciated!

Paul

LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

Are you looking for Linux or Windows?
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Try www.dotvps.co - I used them previously and they were very good, and very reasonable too.

Ethernet Servers - I'm open to either, as the site we'll be setting up is Wordpress, I'm asuming that Linux is the best way forward but I'm pretty new to all this so any advice is appreciated

As you have admitted yourself that you're pretty new to this, are you sure it's a VPS you need?

If it's a simple Wordpress site you'd most likely be well serviced by a reputable shared hosting company instead.
    miniVPS - UK Based Value and Premium VPS Servers!
    Xavvo.com Innovative Hosting for Innovative People!

Thing is, we need the space to expand the site when needed. Here's the lowdown on the site:

It's essentially a virtual showroom of a new brand that currently has 200 products which is due to expand over the next year and potentially could have 2000 products. Every product requires is own product page and they will be in a number of different categories which will list the products. Additionally, we are looking to create an image library for dealers to download for their marketing needs and that will host hi res images and videos. We estimate a max unique visitor pcm of about 5-10K.

Does that help?

I recommend Hostdime. Their prices are little expensive. But support is mostly fast and uptime of the servers are good.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Quote Originally Posted by paulw_design View Post
    Thing is, we need the space to expand the site when needed. Here's the lowdown on the site:

It's essentially a virtual showroom of a new brand that currently has 200 products which is due to expand over the next year and potentially could have 2000 products. Every product requires is own product page and they will be in a number of different categories which will list the products. Additionally, we are looking to create an image library for dealers to download for their marketing needs and that will host hi res images and videos. We estimate a max unique visitor pcm of about 5-10K.

Does that help?
    In that case yes, a VPS may well be more suitable. There are things like 'Enterprise Hosting' which in some cases is just shared hosting but with a lot more resources assigned to each individual account and less accounts overall.

Whatever route you choose, just make sure you optimise Wordpress correctly - with 2000 products and 5-10k visitors per month it could become a resource hog quite quickly!
    miniVPS - UK Based Value and Premium VPS Servers!
    Xavvo.com Innovative Hosting for Innovative People!

OK. Can I ask one final question - you've all been so helpful, I can't help myself!

So the files on my website are on a VPS... Where exactly are my files? Obviously, my worry is that if the one server in the network that holds our files goes down, my site is down and we're losing business. How does it work? (Please, reply as if your talking to a monkey, I'm getting confused!)

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by paulw_design View Post
    OK. Can I ask one final question - you've all been so helpful, I can't help myself!

So the files on my website are on a VPS... Where exactly are my files? Obviously, my worry is that if the one server in the network that holds our files goes down, my site is down and we're losing business. How does it work? (Please, reply as if your talking to a monkey, I'm getting confused!)

Thanks everyone
    The files are stored on a server somewhere. Exactly where and how depends on the virtualisation technology in use and the setup on the VPS.

If your VPS is down right now then you need to take that up with your existing provider, as it's unlikely anybody else can offer much help. Once you're back up, look for a managed host to migrate your stuff over and start fresh on either a VPS or normal hosting.

If you've just got a small Wordpress site then you probably don't need a VPS as such, but it still has its advantages. They're generally more reliable for a start.