* Hosting Provider Help!

Hello,

I am new to this business and this community. I have bought domain and hosting services from a Philippine-based provider and everything was fine until last Friday. Our websites hosted were all down so I messaged them about it.

However, upon checking, their website is down as well. There are no other ways to contact this company aside from email nd I am afraid my clients would complain as well.

It has been 2 days. Any advises and tips would be greatly appreciated. If there is a way to transfer all my accounts from another company without the help of this current provider, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, to migrate it is possible. Do you have backup of those files to be restored? you were using cPanel right?
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Hosting Provider Help!

I would say cut your losses and sign up with a new host and continue as normal, every website owners worst nightmare, hopefully everything is backed up, hope this helps!
    Joe B - Customer Relations
    GlassHost LLC. Proudly serving websites since 2013
    Quality Shared Hosting
    Softaculous, RVSkins, RVSiteBuilder, LiteSpeed.

Your provider may be host his site on same server thats why everything disappear. You can move to other provider without help current provider, but it can possible if you have backups only.
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Quote Originally Posted by alex0 View Post
    Yes, to migrate it is possible. Do you have backup of those files to be restored? you were using cPanel right?

yes i have the files. will i be able to use the same domain names? That is very important for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ayusuits View Post
    yes i have the files. will i be able to use the same domain names? That is very important for me.
    Unfortunately, if the domain was purchased from the hosting provider then you need to contact the provider to retrieve it as you require a EPP code for the transfer.
    HostWithLove.com - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | JetBackup | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, Quebec, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Singapore and Sydney

+1 correct.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrlspeak View Post
    I would say cut your losses and sign up with a new host and continue as normal, every website owners worst nightmare, hopefully everything is backed up, hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by LankapartnerHost View Post
    Your provider may be host his site on same server thats why everything disappear. You can move to other provider without help current provider, but it can possible if you have backups only.
    What about domain ?

@OP : check the actual registrar of domain on whois record : who.is and contact them asap to claim domain directly from them or what i would recommend is to wait 4-7 days more and when same webhost come online ,transfer the domain in actual registrar by creating direct account along with updated files .

Tip : Always keep domain and hosting with different company specially not keep the domain on hands of newbie-resellers.
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers

Thanks for all the recommendations. I guess I just have to wait since I need the EPP code.

About whois, I shall contact the registration service provider right?

Once they are back up and online, make sure you grab all files at first followed by the EPP Code so that you can transfer the domain off and I recommend that you move your domain off to a domain registrar like namecheap.

After that all you need to do is point your nameservers to those of your new provider. How many days has it been since you registered your domain?
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

I will try to contact the registration service email I got from whois.

My domain names are around 6-8months old.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I guess I just have to wait since I need the EPP code.

yeah ,you should wait until and unless your provider come online and respond to your query .

You can contact your actual domain registrar for further info .

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups

If you can change the nameservers from your domain control panel if you was provided with one, you can just update them to your new host's nameservers and then transfer it out when you get the EPP code as it will take 5 days maximum to move.

Also I'd contact your customers to keep them updated else they might think you've ran and might leave you. Not a nice position to be in.

Good luck at your next host.

Since you said this is from a philippine-based webhost. I just would want to let you know that a very powerful super typhoon just devasted the Philippines. If your here you'd know how bad it is.
    Last edited by brysonems; 11-10-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    Epidrive Webhosting Solutions - Premium Quality Hosting Made Affordable
    Berry Servers - The Most Affordable VPS Servers

Quote Originally Posted by FrapHost View Post
    Since you said this is from a philippine-based webhost. I just would want to let you know that a very powerful super typhoon just devasted the Philippines. If your here you'd know how bad it is.
    Oh yeah forgot about that, hope you guys at FH are ok. It also depends where the servers are too. If they are from USA then they shouldn't go down.

Quote Originally Posted by SkidDown View Post
    +1 correct.
    What +1 & correct