Individuals Cheating Webhosting companies

Hi All,

We all know that there are lot of server management companies globally, supporting various hosting companies.

But how many of them are properly registered in their corresponding nation? For example a guy named as XXX registers a site and claims himself as a company. The hosting company located somewhere in a different zone doesn't know that and believes it as a real company XXX mentioned that he has a company in WHT.

Registering a site and simply having an email ID doesn't mean, it is a company!! Can WHT take any action against this?

If XXX wants to claim himself as a company, then he needs to show some legal documents or any such things to WHT. What do you guys think?

I am agree with you. Lot of people face many types of problems by this type of companies.
    We have got some issue from our clients, they was buy service form like this type of company. after all the clients did not get support, loose huge money, also lost there brand name domain.
    I think need to take legal action to like this type of companies.
    EyHost.Biz | host with us, be relaxed - 24/7 Support Via Support Ticket
    Shared Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Premium Reseller | Managed VPS [cPanel/Plesk] | Domain Name Reseller
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud Servers [Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas - USA , Amsterdam]

Can WHT take any action against this?

If XXX wants to claim himself as a company, then he needs to show some legal documents or any such things to WHT. What do you guys think?
    What you describe is true of the hosting industry as a whole, not just management companies.

You're asking WHT to be the regulators of an industry with no regulation. It's just not practical, and it wouldn't be fair on the numerous independent server admins and others who are honest, and good at what they do.

If you're giving people access to your servers without properly checking them out, you need to question how seriously you take your business, not the place where you found their contact details.

I guess it's not practical for WHT to take any action against them. What can be done is, WHT members can list down experience of theme with any bad hosting provider, so that others will be aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    What you describe is true of the hosting industry as a whole, not just management companies.

You're asking WHT to be the regulators of an industry with no regulation. It's just not practical, and it wouldn't be fair on the numerous independent server admins and others who are honest, and good at what they do.

If you're giving people access to your servers without properly checking them out, you need to question how seriously you take your business, not the place where you found their contact details.

I am not questioning individuals who work as freelanchers and hardworking but individuals those who claim themselves as a company.

I know, it isn't easy to control but we can easily reduce it. If any one who wants to advertise themselves as a company, they should submit a valid company registration, PAN card or any government documents which will make them genuine.

So WHT needs to verify all such things before any new company advertise at WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by irfan-EyHost View Post
    I am agree with you. Lot of people face many types of problems by this type of companies.
    We have got some issue from our clients, they was buy service form like this type of company. after all the clients did not get support, loose huge money, also lost there brand name domain.
    I think need to take legal action to like this type of companies.
    A practical real time experience for the scenario, and we can't allow such things to keep on repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by webexperts View Post
    I guess it's not practical for WHT to take any action against them. What can be done is, WHT members can list down experience of theme with any bad hosting provider, so that others will be aware of that.
    Listing down them isn't gonna work, as they will again create a new site and will start advertise as a new company and again you will be cheated.

If WHT starts allowing companies after verification, it will reduce such things.

This happens in all industries. Take individuals that buy and sell cars yet present themselves as much larger companies online or in advertisements, then disappear and start up again under another name should they hit financial difficulties...

WHT is in no position to regulate an entire industry, most if not all of the hosts present on here started off with just one person so it wouldn't be fair to those starting out to be singled out as individuals, and furthermore, it really is down to the buyer ultimately to perform the proper due diligence before trusting any entity with their data or domain name.

The buying guidance offered on WHT is the best we can do really, though as with all industries, there will be those out there looking to dupe customers into handing over cash, then vanishing into thin air, and people will continue to fall for it unfortunately.
    Clook: Fully Managed UK Based Hosting · CloudFlare Optimised Partner!
    Established 12 Years - 24/7/365 Support (<10m Avg. Response Time)
    Shared, Reseller, vServer, Dedicated and Beyond
    0845 867 2550 Sales - Visit our Website

Maybe legitimate companies can get a "Verified" badge like on twitter? It would help in weeding out the kiddie hosts and people illegally operating.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_CLOOK View Post
    This happens in all industries. Take individuals that buy and sell cars yet present themselves as much larger companies online or in advertisements, then disappear and start up again under another name should they hit financial difficulties...

WHT is in no position to regulate an entire industry, most if not all of the hosts present on here started off with just one person so it wouldn't be fair to those starting out to be singled out as individuals, and furthermore, it really is down to the buyer ultimately to perform the proper due diligence before trusting any entity with their data or domain name.

The buying guidance offered on WHT is the best we can do really, though as with all industries, there will be those out there looking to dupe customers into handing over cash, then vanishing into thin air, and people will continue to fall for it unfortunately.
    Yes, this isn't an immediate process and we need to heal this step by step. As of now, WHT doesn't allow any one who has whois info protected to advertise here which is a good initiative and the same can be implemented here..

Only verified company should be eligible to advertise and any new company who needs to advertise should contact WHT & get verified themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hosting_we3cares View Post
    So WHT needs to verify all such things before any new company advertise at WHT.
    Just think for a second how much additional work that puts on their volunteer moderating/"liaising" staff. And with thousands of companies advertising here, sorry, but that's just not going to happen.

The solution? Consumer skepticism.

Hi All,

We all know that there are lot of server management companies globally, supporting various hosting companies.

But how many of them are properly registered in their corresponding nation? For example a guy named as XXX registers a site and claims himself as a company. The hosting company located somewhere in a different zone doesn't know that and believes it as a real company XXX mentioned that he has a company in WHT.

Registering a site and simply having an email ID doesn't mean, it is a company!! Can WHT take any action against this?

It's easy to prove your a "company" or not because you will have a company registration number and the same go's for VAT if you don't have any number or listed within the likes of companies house or relevant then you are not legally allow to claim to be a company or collect VAT.

None of this makes a business or company non questionable or unlikely to screw you over it all boils down to due diligence, trust and not paying a whole year upfront. Don't worry about what's happening yon side of the fence just worry about your own lawn to mow.
    Last edited by Server Management; 11-13-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Another sample is over here!!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...1321662&page=3

It is time to think some thing to over come this.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    It's easy to prove your a "company" or not because you will have a company registration number and the same go's for VAT if you don't have any number or listed within the likes of companies house or relevant then you are not legally allow to claim to be a company or collect VAT.

None of this makes a business or company non questionable or unlikely to screw you over it all boils down to due diligence, trust and not paying a whole year upfront.
    Yes, its true!! But kids who doesn't even know what does a company means, won't start for time pass. Assume if WHT puts a rule that every one who wants to advertise in their forums should be a verified company with WHT then we can reduce such runaways..

Again it can't completely removed but can be at least reduced!!

Another sample is over here!!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...1321662&page=3

It is time to think some thing to over come this.
    They haven't ran away or done anything wrong they have gone into liquidation and a contact has been provided for those dealing with it there an LTD company I think you should research in more detail how they operate and the legal procedures behind it. Legally anyone who is 16 can open a LTD company as well.

They haven't ran away or done anything wrong they have gone into liquidation and a contact has been provided for those dealing with it there an LTD company I think you should research in more detail how they operate and the legal procedures behind it. Legally anyone who is 16 can open a LTD company as well.
    Closing the servers after 45 mins from sending mail isn't professional. I understand any one with 16 can open an LTD company. But my question, can we make only LTD companies and registered firms to advertise?
    Last edited by hosting_we3cares; 11-13-2013 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Wrongly mentioned 6 instead of 16

can we make only LTD companies and registered firms to advertise?
    Which that causes discrimination towards those who are not LTD companies. I don't think you fully understand the different structures on an international level.

Any one who claims themselves as a company must have any registered business name and document. If they don't have it, they shouldn't claim them selves as a company.

Let that registration be an LLC,LTD,Firm,Business corporations,PLC,CIC,CIO etc etc. So any one who registered a company should fall under this category. So we can filter our people who are really registered!!

Again it is a suggestion to make the market trust worthy. If there is an individual and he is so trust worthy, hard working and honest & interested to start the business then register a company and do it professionally.

So we aren't avoiding any company here as all the company will fall under any of the category!!

Any one who claims themselves as a company must have any registered business name and document. If they don't have it, they shouldn't claim them selves as a company.

Let that registration be an LLC,LTD,Firm,Business corporations,PLC,CIC,CIO etc etc. So any one who registered a company should fall under this category. So we can filter our people who are really registered!!

Again it is a suggestion to make the market trust worthy. If there is an individual and he is so trust worthy, hard working and honest & interested to start the business then register a company and do it professionally.

So we aren't avoiding any company here as all the company will fall under any of the category!!
    I don't think you understand you don't need to be a company to trade just like you don't need to be VAT registered until you have a certain turn over. There's many who are not "companies" who are doing just fine being a company brings on additional over head like filing additional annual accounts and brings on an extra cost over head for accounting. I don't think you understand the true complexity of being a company and not thus you must do some more research for instance anyone who registers an LTD company within the UK is bound by the "Companies Act 2006" which states certain rules a director must follow.

I don't think you understand you don't need to be a company to trade just like you don't need to be VAT registered until you have a certain turn over. There's many who are not "companies" who are doing just fine being a company brings on additional over head like filing additional annual accounts and brings on an extra cost over head for accounting. I don't think you understand the true complexity of being a company and not thus you must do some more research for instance anyone who registers an LTD company within the UK is bound by the "Companies Act 2006" which states certain rules a director must follow.
    There is nothing to understand or miscommunicate here. If any individual wants to do a business, what's wrong in registering a company doing it rather than claiming themselves as a company.

There is at least 1% safety more when you sign up with a registered company than a not registered company which claims themselves.

There is nothing to understand or miscommunicate here. If any individual wants to do a business, what's wrong in registering a company doing it rather than claiming themselves as a company.

There is at least 1% safety more when you sign up with a registered company than a not registered company which claims themselves.
    If they want to claim to be a company without registration then that's there own doing am sure they will be told sooner or later. A "business" and a "company" can be regarded as 2 different things.

How do WHT verify a person(s) trading as a sole trader/partnership?

In the UK there is no way to verify that a person (s) who is running the business is actually complying with all the regulations. Should WHT stop any person advertising or less they are a limited company (or the equivalent).

There could be many reasons why someone chooses to not operate as a limited company, one of them being tax reasons.

To be honest, what ever a person decides to operate his business is no guarantee that it is being run legitimately.

I understand where you are coming from, and I agree with you to an extent, but I do not see how WHT could enforce this without affecting legitimate businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Host Red Dragon View Post
    How do WHT verify a person(s) trading as a sole trader/partnership?

In the UK there is no way to verify that a person (s) who is running the business is actually complying with all the regulations. Should WHT stop any person advertising or less they are a limited company (or the equivalent).

There could be many reasons why someone chooses to not operate as a limited company, one of them being tax reasons.

To be honest, what ever a person decides to operate his business is no guarantee that it is being run legitimately.

I understand where you are coming from, and I agree with you to an extent, but I do not see how WHT could enforce this without affecting legitimate businesses.
    Thanks, that's understandable. Just a sort of concern raised on my mind and thought I could take it over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Inertia Networks View Post
    Maybe legitimate companies can get a "Verified" badge like on twitter? It would help in weeding out the kiddie hosts and people illegally operating.
    that is great idea