Innohosting - Server54

Hello everyone,

Just letting everyone know that server54 with Innohosting is suffering from a ddos attack and the server has been offline for over 6 hours now.

After over 8 hours of downtime, my client sites are back up, although STILL no official word from IH on it being resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by MyDigitalHost View Post
    After over 8 hours of downtime, my client sites are back up, although STILL no official word from IH on it being resolved.
    We don't yet consider it resolved.

The DDOS has flared back up again. Looks like they've updated their support page accordingly.

Rameen, we (and I'm sure plenty of others) are willing to pay extra for a level of DDOS protection.

Extended outage

Server54 is still down. I've only been with IH for a few months but I have never had my sites down for more than a few hours in many years of hosting elsewhere.

Did I just get unlucky or is innohosting this poor? Only one client on the account so I need to get out now if this is the norm.

What do you think?

DDoS does happen sometimes folks. I'm an Innohosting client myself and I've had nothing but good stories to tell about them.

Give them a little moe time to deal with it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mjharless View Post
    What do you think?
    We've been with them for about a year and a half. This is the exception, not the rule. A DDOS can happen to anyone. I'd like to see some better mitigation, maybe pay a premium for additional hardware protection, but you have to remember that no host is DDOS-proof.

Stuff like this happen, it can happen with anyone to be honest..

It's just what you have to prevent it i guess.

InnoHosting is a great company seeing from the reviews since many years here at WHT.

Be patient, they are surely working on your issue.

That's the problem with distributed attacks. As soon as you put out one fire, it spreads somewhere else. They're probably just having a hard time identifying any commonalities in the packets to train their routing equipment to null route them. It's unfortunate it's taken you down, but it happens to the best of them sometimes.

Moving on...

Well I'm giving up and moving out. This has been a less than stellar few months with innohosting with this climax of misery. I realize they can't help it now(the ddos), but they could have invested in preventative measures or at least had a game plan in place to move sites. Two days in they finally made a good move. Seems they are just flying by the seat of their pants.

Things have just not felt right. Should have gone with my gut.

Now to try and save a customer that pays a lot of my bills...

Well I'm giving up and moving out. This has been a less than stellar few months with innohosting with this climax of misery. I realize they can't help it now(the ddos), but they could have invested in preventative measures or at least had a game plan in place to move sites. Two days in they finally made a good move. Seems they are just flying by the seat of their pants.

Things have just not felt right. Should have gone with my gut.

Now to try and save a customer that pays a lot of my bills...
    Well you pay for standard server, not for dedicated ddos protection. If your client is paying you that much, then you should go for a specialized ddos protected hosting company.
    Dealing with DDoS is NOT an easy task.

Server54 is still down. I've only been with IH for a few months but I have never had my sites down for more than a few hours in many years of hosting elsewhere.

Did I just get unlucky or is innohosting this poor? Only one client on the account so I need to get out now if this is the norm.

What do you think?

DDoS attacks can happen with any server and any host.

They are still having issues (I also have a reseller account at this server), it's a pity seeing such good hosting company with this problem.