Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Never signed up with Burstnet

First off, they have the worst support system EVER, for a company tht claims to be in business for years, they sure take 3 days on average to talk to someone. When you finally talk to someone it's another 2 days for there another response.

Anyhow, when Volumedrive did there magic trick and Burstnet sent out mass emails to Volumedrive customers (we all know the story no need to type all that out) they promised to match what I had at Volumedrive. I was one of the lucky/unlucky one that had his server left with Burstnet and they agree to match my invoice with specs included. After about 3 weeks my server was offline and after 5 days they said i was on a shared 100mpbs but i should be on a 1gig port so they adjusted that with another excuse. On 10/10 they cut off my server again and after 5 days they said it was bandwidth abuse. I was confused because on Volumedrive it was 1gig unmetered and never had a complaint from them before, EVER. Anyhow, Burstnet replied saying for that price it's unfair to get such speed, well... You were the people that send unauthorized email claiming to match something you CAN'T match. It comes down to this with them people, they put the server online so i can make a backup but i can't use it for public purposes due to bandwidth "abuse", my service end 10/21 and the last time i used that server was 10/15 so i moved to another reliable server provider. The nerve of these people to actually send me new billing after server cancellation. smh, at lease there billing system works because they bill you a month ahead and you will keep spamming everyday even when your due 20 days away.

The offer was to match "reasonable" deals for Volumedrive refugees.
    Your offer was not reasonable, nor sustainable, hence why probably in the situation they were in.
    At a 100Mbps port, as we were led to believe, that was fine...once you start using hundreds of Mbps at that sub $100 low pricing, sorry, but not going to happen with us.
    You can be as mad as you want, but direct that at VD from selling you something unsustainable, and yourself for purchasing something you knew was too good to be true.

It is not a requirement, nor a need, for us to take over your ridiculous service offer/pricing, when YOUR provider screwed you over.

As far as you other issues, our billing systems are automated, invoice and bill in advance, and refund if you cancel before new service term. All plainly spelled out in our service agreement.

You may not like it, and be left in a poor situation following your provider's failures, but BurstNET did absolutely nothing wrong here, and actually tried to help you. Looks like you didn't get your way, and just want to kick a gift horse in the mouth here for trying to help you get your data.

PS - Our support system is Kayako, one of the most popular in the industry. You could not be more off base stating that our "support system sucks", and you are cutting up tons of other providers in the industry using the same software therefore.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 10-29-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    PS - Our support system is Kayako, one of the most popular in the industry. You could not be more off base stating that our "support system sucks", and you are cutting up tons of other providers in the industry using the same software therefore.
    I guess by support system, he meant your support team and not the actual support software.
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

The offer was to match "reasonable" deals for Volumedrive refugees.
    Your offer was not reasonable, nor sustainable, hence why probably in the situation they were in.
    At a 100Mbps port, as we were led to believe, that was fine...once you start using hundreds of Mbps at that sub $100 low pricing, sorry, but not going to happen with us.
    You can be as mad as you want, but direct that at VD from selling you something unsustainable, and yourself for purchasing something you knew was too good to be true.

It is not a requirement, nor a need, for us to take over your ridiculous service offer/pricing, when YOUR provider screwed you over.

As far as you other issues, our billing systems are automated, invoice and bill in advance, and refund if you cancel before new service term. All plainly spelled out in our service agreement.

You may not like it, and be left in a poor situation following your provider's failures, but BurstNET did absolutely nothing wrong here, and actually tried to help you. Looks like you didn't get your way, and just want to kick a gift horse in the mouth here for trying to help you get your data.

Oh really? Well Burstnet sure DID MATCH it until they found out how much bandwidth I was using then you cry wolf correct??? Exactly.

You took a knife an put in volumedrive back and when you got there customers (without knowing how much they will actually use) you thought you guys had a steal huh... That's what bad business practice will get you.

Anyhow, he know i'm talking about there sorry support system.

Quote Originally Posted by duttyrock View Post
    Oh really? Well Burstnet sure DID MATCH it until they found out how much bandwidth I was using then you cry wolf correct??? Exactly.
    At 100Mbps it is reasonable, at 1Gbps it not---plain and simple.
    We matched what we initially led to believe you had, which at no time was it that amount of bandwidth we agreed to.
    Sorry, but we have no obligation to match VD's pricing, and were only doing so for sustainable/reasonable offers.
    You know darn well your deal is just ridiculous, and your just made that you got called out on it, and can't get it from any other provider in their right mind.

You took a knife an put in volumedrive back and when you got there customers (without knowing how much they will actually use) you thought you guys had a steal huh... That's what bad business practice will get you.

That's hillarious.
    Yea, we are the ones that stabbed VD in the back.
    That's just too funny!
    Did you forget about the boatload of money they screwed us for when they snuck out the door.

Any semi-intelligent person can see what is going on here.
    Why don't you just go back to Volumedrive...sounds like you two are a perfect match!
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

At 100Mbps it is reasonable, at 1Gbps it not---plain and simple.
    We matched what we initially led to believe you had, which at no time was it that amount of bandwidth we agreed to.
    Sorry, but we have no obligation to match VD's pricing, and were only doing so for sustainable/reasonable offers.
    You know darn well your deal is just ridiculous, and your just made that you got called out on it, and can't get it from any other provider in their right mind.
    In other words you lied, an actually it's not because Volumedrive is back in business an im sure they must be offering the same price.

That's hillarious.
    Yea, we are the ones that stabbed VD in the back.
    That's just too funny!
    Did you forget about the boatload of money they screwed us for when they snuck out the door.

Any semi-intelligent person can see what is going on here.
    Why don't you just go back to Volumedrive...sounds like you two are a perfect match!
    It is what it is, and please don't talk about semi-intelligent, because your system suck, Lol and this is from a company been in business how long?

Anyhow, just informing people. Peace.

In other words you lied, an actually it's not because Volumedrive is back in business an im sure they must be offering the same price.

It is what it is, and please don't talk about semi-intelligent, because your system suck, Lol and this is from a company been in business how long? Anyhow, just informing people. Peace.

The only thing you are informing people of is that we have common sense, and try to run a sustainable business, without giving the farm away.

You're being ridiculous at this point.
    Go throw your temper tantrum somewhere else.

It was 1gig unmetered and never had a complaint from Volumedrive before, EVER.
    That's the problem right there.

1Gbps unmetered for a dedicated server below $100 per month is a recipe for disaster.

Some hosts out there will promise you anything to get you signed up, but remember that you only get what you pay for. That's especially true with web hosting.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

Use some common sense, OP. Volumedrive went down for a reason.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianHarrison View Post

1Gbps unmetered for a dedicated server below $100 per month is a recipe for disaster.

Some hosts out there will promise you anything to get you signed up, but remember that you only get what you pay for. That's especially true with web hosting.
    You would think though if BurstNET was going to illegally steal VolumeDrive's email/customer list; that they would at least check the pricing before they started talking out the side of their mouth.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

You're not a part of WHT staff, people can come here to discuss their feelings about any company freely. I believe you're growing tired of people bashing your company and you can't take criticism because think nothing is wrong, and you think you own the place. Compare your posts to any other hosts here who get a bad review, your replies would look the worst out of them all. You might be the CEO of a large company, but you're just like the rest of us. There's dozens of bad reviews about you here and you complain and cry on each and every one of them.

You took matters and problems into your own hands when contacting hundreds of clients from another company trying to gain their business, if you can't provide what they were given before yet you claim you can match it, why change your story afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by alucasa View Post
    Use some common sense, OP. Volumedrive went down for a reason.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    You would think though if BurstNET was going to illegally steal VolumeDrive's email/customer list; that they would at least check the pricing before they started talking out the side of their mouth.

Congradulations! I was not aware that you were appointed a judge in Pennsylvania! Thank you for rendering a legal decision here and your impartial handling of the verdict!

You, like a few others here, seems to not recall all the facts, or just not give a darn, and just want to troll us.
    We never offered to match EVERY Volumedrive price/deal, just those that were reasonable.
    Matching all of them would be insane...VD ended up in the situation they are in now for a reason.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 10-30-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeambrose3 View Post
    You're not a part of WHT staff, people can come here to discuss their feelings about any company freely. I believe you're growing tired of people bashing your company and you can't take criticism because think nothing is wrong, and you think you own the place. Compare your posts to any other hosts here who get a bad review, your replies would look the worst out of them all. You might be the CEO of a large company, but you're just like the rest of us. There's dozens of bad reviews about you here and you complain and cry on each and every one of them.

You took matters and problems into your own hands when contacting hundreds of clients from another company trying to gain their business, if you can't provide what they were given before yet you claim you can match it, why change your story afterwards?

Thank you for your selective reading.
    We never offer to match EVERY ridiculous offer VD had, just the reasonable and sustainable ones.
    Who the heck wants to give hundreds of Mbps of bandwidth away for $65/month...not us---nor did we ever offer to.

We have every right to call this guy out for being a big baby about not getting his way. He is just unhappy we are not allowing him to practically steal tons of bandwidth at minimal price from us, as he was doing to Volumedrive. He should be happy he got his data, and realize what he was getting from VD was ridiculous...and either change what he is doing, or adjust his budget accordingly. He is directing his anger at the wrong party, a company that tried to help him, not to the party that actually caused his problems: Volumedrive.

Then of course the troll BurstNET bandwagon jumps on, ignores facts and reality, and twists some words to make it look like we caused all this guy's problems.
    Karma will attend to those individuals...it as a fine way of doing that.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 10-30-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Congradulations! I was not aware that you were appointed a judge in Pennsylvania! Thank you for rendering a legal decision here and your impartial handling of the verdict!

You, like a few others here, seems to not recall all the facts, or just not give a darn, and just want to troll us.
    We never offered to match EVERY Volumedrive price/deal, just those that were reasonable.
    Matching all of them would be insane...VD ended up in the situation they are in now for a reason.

Good job trying to cause yet another misdirection.

But, I'll play your game.

Let's be more direct.

1. How did you receive a list of VolumeDrive clients?
    2. How were you able to match which server in the rack is the client's in question?

Those seem like important questions.

But, let me guess, you won't answer either one of those questions. I'll be called a "Troll" again. Your fear in answering those questions will be answered with pure misdirection, some crying to the WHT moderators to have me banned from this topic and some public insulting.

You're one helluva CEO. I'm curious to meet you, I think I'm going to drive down there and see if your personality in real life matches the one you portray online.
    Steven Crothers

This shows me that you don't care about your customers or possible new customers. You have to look at the customer like the person who is making you with money, but it is true, successful business and morality doesn't exist anymore. It is like in politics, there are no such thing like a moral politician.

Regards
    George B. | ROWEBCA
    Web Hosting Services & Server Management

1. How did you receive a list of VolumeDrive clients?
    I am interested to that answer also
    2. How were you able to match which server in the rack is the client's in question?
    I think that was easy according to labeling maybe ?
    Your Hosting Partner of Choice
    ...everything stored in NVMe

Every time I decided to buy a vps from them I came to similar topics so I gave up. I am not going to buy from them

Quote Originally Posted by PascM View Post
    I think that was easy according to labeling maybe ?
    Possibly, there would still be some disconnect.

My concern is this, if BurstNET isn't able to guarantee beyond a reasonable doubt if that was 100% their hardware, including all drives and so on. Didn't BurstNET sell a faulty product?

If the server wasn't 100% intact, as far as I'm concerned BurstNET owes a whole bunch of refunds. Since the product offered is drastically different than what was expected.
    Steven Crothers

So, let me get this straight...

They matched Volumedrives offer, then later realize it is unsustainable and backtrack on it?

That's what it sounds like to me.

seems like you cant read.

Quote Originally Posted by NateN34 View Post

They matched Volumedrives offer, then later realize it is unsustainable and backtrack on it?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianHarrison View Post

Yeah. Fully agree with you.
    That price is simply impossible
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

Quote Originally Posted by marylisa View Post
    Every time I decided to buy a vps from them I came to similar topics so I gave up. I am not going to buy from them
    From whom?

Quote Originally Posted by NateN34 View Post

If I recall, without knowing for sure who this client is, this matches one individual I am aware of with a situation that resembles this, and if it was him:

No, we were not fully informed what he had, or claimed he had, with VD, agreed to a deal with specs we were aware of, and then found out afterwards that was not the case.

If I recall, without knowing for sure who this client is, this matches one individual I am aware of with a situation that resembles this, and if it was him:

No, we were not fully informed what he had, or claimed he had, with VD, agreed to a deal with specs we were aware of, and then found out afterwards that was not the case.
    Convenient, how do you sleep at night? Nobody really believes anything you say.

It seems like to me you lied to customers, told them you have their servers and then just setup your own hardware. Lying to them. I've not seen a single post on here about people renting "their" server from you and having their data.

Make's me wonder what the real story is behind VD, how much of that damage did you cause? Since we see you make ethically questionable choices everyday anyway.
    Steven Crothers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast