HostSlim VPS review - Terrible service !!!

Hi there,
    I want to post this HOSTSLIM Hostingreview because dealing with this company has been a nightmare from the beginning.
    Initially they tried to scam me, trying to take advantage from a issue in their shopping Cart.
    Basically, I bought some VPS from them thinking that it was priced yearly, as it was claimed on the Invoices.
    After all my payments (bought 25 VPS) and when money was in their pocket, they told me:
    "Are you aware that the price is monthly and not per year ? there's a issue in our shop..."

After that I've asked for refund, they always refused to give me the refund. We deal for 1 months and after I let something go from what I supposed to have in my services, I've accepted what they offered, and I supposed we had a deal.
    To make story shorter, it took more then 2 months to have all my 25 VPS working !!!!
    I had to send tons of emails to get it fixed and they always say: 'Now should be fine" and it wass still as it was, every time...
    I had a lot of other problems with them,and their unreliable service, once with a payment issue that they didn't help me to solve, and after 1 months they asked a Financial agency to get money on behalf of them because I didn't pay !!! But actually I sent emails to ask if they could help me with my cart issue because I could sent payment !!!! And they just didn't reply !!!
    So I also had to pay $100 more to pay the financial agency expenses !!!

I have paid for one year service, but after all this problems, I asked to terminate all my 25 VPS and get a refund for the remaining months.
    THEY TOLD ME THAT, ACCORDING TO DUTCH LAW, THEY CANNOT TERMINATE MY SERVICE SINCE HAS BEEN PAID ALREADY FOR A YEAR !!!!! Believe me, that's what they told me !!!!
    Because if they don't terminate my services, they don't have to give me the refund !!!!
    ACCORDING TO HOSTSLIM, I CANNOT ASK THEM TO TERMINATE MY VPS !!!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!
    I've asked THIS 10-20 times, but they are not replying to my emails anymore.
    They are just ignoring me.... They haven't replied in the last 3 weeks !!!
    So customer, please, be aware of the problems you will have if you get hosted from HostSlim.eu
    They are not reliable and they are not honest !!!! They will try to scam you !!
    They will try to scam you in any way..
    I have all the emails and conversation regarding what I said, so I can prove it if you need more information..
    I had other hosting providers and no one problem !!! But HostSlim has been the worst experience I've never had...
    Now I have to get the help of a Consumer association's lawyers to get my money back !!!!
    PLEASE STAY AWAY FroM HOSTSLIM.EU !!!!!!

That sounds absolutely terrible. I had a similar instance with another web hosting company, but at least I got my money back.

yeah I know,
    It's a nightmare..
    Lucky you've got refund at least.
    Of course HostSlim saw my thread here, and they said that "they could think to refund"... but, in case, they would do that on "their time".. WHAT ??? after 2 weeks and no one reply... this has been their answer after reading this thread..
    I can't believe guys... what a big mistake I've done..
    Anyway, If and when I'll get my refund and my services terminated I'll let you know.
    But I reckon it won't happen easily...

If they've stated that you can pay annually and you've explicitly asked for annual payments then you ought to be able to have that. I assume there's a difference in price here that you wanted to take advantage of?

If there was a problem with their shopping cart then I also assume they offered you the opportunity to cancel? If they did and you still proceeded then I guess you have no comeback on that point.

You aren't so clear about why they sent a collection agency after you?

Quote Originally Posted by DANNAC View Post
    THEY TOLD ME THAT, ACCORDING TO DUTCH LAW, THEY CANNOT TERMINATE MY SERVICE SINCE HAS BEEN PAID ALREADY FOR A YEAR !!!!! Believe me, that's what they told me !!!!
    Do you have any tickets (or screenshots of tickets) to show this or the rest of your correspondence?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Do you have any tickets (or screenshots of tickets) to show this or the rest of your correspondence?
    Yes, I have a ticket for that.. I kept all the conversations we had..
    Around 160-170 messages actually...
    This is what they replied:

Hi XXXXXX,

We won't terminate any services of you as we made an agreement for 12 months and we will hold you to this agreement. This is according to Dutch law, and we're located in The Netherlands and are working according to Dutch law. It's up to you if you don't use your vpsses but we'll keep them active. We can't see if you're using them or not, and we are not interested in that as you can still have access.
    Regards

HostSlim

Yes, I have a ticket for that.. I kept all the conversations we had..
    Around 160-170 messages actually...
    This is what they replied:

Hi XXXXXX,

We won't terminate any services of you as we made an agreement for 12 months and we will hold you to this agreement. This is according to Dutch law, and we're located in The Netherlands and are working according to Dutch law. It's up to you if you don't use your vpsses but we'll keep them active. We can't see if you're using them or not, and we are not interested in that as you can still have access.
    Regards

HostSlim
    So you did get annual billing?

Quote Originally Posted by davidman View Post
    If they've stated that you can pay annually and you've explicitly asked for annual payments then you ought to be able to have that. I assume there's a difference in price here that you wanted to take advantage of?

If there was a problem with their shopping cart then I also assume they offered you the opportunity to cancel? If they did and you still proceeded then I guess you have no comeback on that point.

You aren't so clear about why they sent a collection agency after you?
    You are wrong she you say: "If there was a problem with their shopping cart then I also assume they offered you the opportunity to cancel? If they did and you still proceeded then I guess you have no comeback on that point."
    Because, after that, I've immediately asked for cancellation of my orders and refund, but at that point they start to deal with me offering every day something more... until, exhausted,after weeks and weeks, I've accepted they offer.
    That's just because they would never refund once the get you money in their pocket.
    Regarding the Collection agency, It could be right, If I wouldn't ask their support for the invoice problem. I was still waiting for their reply after a month, to being able to pay the last bill that actually was an Extra money bill that they asked me because what I was getting it was too much, according to their Shop Cart mistake. And then they contacted a collection agency before reply me.
    Is it more clear now ??
    So they contacted a collector agency because they ignore my help request, and also,they did it for an extra money bill that I accepted to pay .. and was an extra bill that I shouldn't pay if I wouldn't be kind with them... but I decided to do.
    And that was their THANK YOU.

So you did get annual billing?
    Yes, it was annual billing... initially they changed billing to monthly, immediately after I've done the payments, and told me that there was a mistake in the shopping cart.
    When we've got agreement, after a while, then they put it back to annual billing as it was in the invoices I've paid.

You are wrong she you say: "If there was a problem with their shopping cart then I also assume they offered you the opportunity to cancel? If they did and you still proceeded then I guess you have no comeback on that point."
    Because, after that, I've immediately asked for cancellation of my orders and refund, but at that point they start to deal with me offering every day something more... until, exhausted,after weeks and weeks, I've accepted they offer.
    Unfortunately, you've accepted their offer

If you weren't happy with it, you need to decline that offer and ask for a refund otherwise by accepting you've agreed to the new offer.

That's just because they would never refund once the get you money in their pocket.
    If you asked for a refund and only accepted a refund then you'd be clear but in this instance it looks as if you've accepted their new offer.

Regarding the Collection agency, It could be right, If I wouldn't ask their support for the invoice problem. I was still waiting for their reply after a month, to being able to pay the last bill that actually was an Extra money bill that they asked me because what I was getting it was too much, according to their Shop Cart mistake. And then they contacted a collection agency before reply me. Is it more clear now ??
    Not really

It's not clear if it was because you've not paid because you're disputing the invoice or if you've agreed to the new offer but haven't paid.

It does seem that you're not happy with the service but it could also be a communication issue here.

So they contacted a collector agency because they ignore my help request, and also,they did it for an extra money bill that I accepted to pay .. and was an extra bill that I shouldn't pay if I wouldn't be kind with them... but I decided to do.
    And that was their THANK YOU.
    Perhaps someone from HostSlim could comment?

Yes, it was annual billing... initially they changed billing to monthly, immediately after I've done the payments, and told me that there was a mistake in the shopping cart.
    When we've got agreement, after a while, then they put it back to annual billing as it was in the invoices I've paid.
    If you're in annual payment then usually there's no legal requirement to provide a refund after 2 months (certainly in the UK, I can't say for certain in the Netherlands).

I'm not sure then why you still owe them money after 2 months if you've paid annually and you've already paid?

If you're in annual payment then usually there's no legal requirement to provide a refund after 2 months (certainly in the UK, I can't say for certain in the Netherlands).

I'm not sure then why you still owe them money after 2 months if you've paid annually and you've already paid?
    Davidman, it's a long story..
    Certainly I've done a mistake to trust them.
    And feel free to go with HostSlim if you want try them :-)
    The point is that, law or not, this never provided a good service.
    So many issues, and trust me, I've tried to ask refund initially, probably 10 times.
    But at that specific point, every times, they seemed to change their mind saying "we want our customers happy.. bla bla bla.." and you can understand that I don't have whole days to deal with my hosting provider.
    So, I gave them a chance. because i was tired to deal with them.. And I was wrong..
    Nobody from HostSlim probably will show up on this thread..
    Because I've read on another forum that these kind of people ( i mean hosting company, not HostSlim in particular, be clear) when they are on the wrong side, they normally pop up in the conversation under the appearance of a normal user, that try to convince everyone in the thread that I'm wrong and the Company was right...
    :-)
    So don't wait for that.. because, incidentally, I've already emailed HostSlim the link of this thread to be correct with them.
    Something that I won't do in the other threads I'm going to open in other Forums, because I wanna see what's going to happen in that case..
    Thanks of all you help guys. Appreciate it.
    Even if this thread wasn't for me actually, but it was for you :-)

Thanks for the review, It's a shame to see companies get let away with this.

Oh I forgot in my previous post:

If you decide to stay away from HostSlim be aware that they are doing business under different names.. Apparently they are doing business under different brands !!!
    Just for you knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by UServeNet View Post
    Thanks for the review, It's a shame to see companies get let away with this.
    Thanks for your understanding..
    That's all I have in my hand at the moment..
    Oh, I forgot I also have a bunch of VPS that I would like to terminate, but, according to the Dutch law, I'm not allowed to get closed since I've already paid for that. lol...
    So funny, isn't it ?

Davidman, it's a long story..
    Certainly I've done a mistake to trust them.
    And feel free to go with HostSlim if you want try them :-)
    The point is that, law or not, this never provided a good service.
    So many issues, and trust me, I've tried to ask refund initially, probably 10 times.
    But at that specific point, every times, they seemed to change their mind saying "we want our customers happy.. bla bla bla.." and you can understand that I don't have whole days to deal with my hosting provider.
    So, I gave them a chance. because i was tired to deal with them.. And I was wrong..
    Nobody from HostSlim probably will show up on this thread..
    Because I've read on another forum that these kind of people ( i mean hosting company, not HostSlim in particular, be clear) when they are on the wrong side, they normally pop up in the conversation under the appearance of a normal user, that try to convince everyone in the thread that I'm wrong and the Company was right...
    :-)
    So don't wait for that.. because, incidentally, I've already emailed HostSlim the link of this thread to be correct with them.
    Something that I won't do in the other threads I'm going to open in other Forums, because I wanna see what's going to happen in that case..
    Thanks of all you help guys. Appreciate it.
    Even if this thread wasn't for me actually, but it was for you :-)
    Unfortunately, by allowing them to try and keep you happy, you've implicitly agreed to accept their solution.

However, having said all that, if you really do feel you have grounds for complaint then you can always explain to them why you're unhappy and how it can be resolved (that might be fix the problem or give you a refund) and if you have no luck then you can always ask for a chargeback from your credit card company.

Always give your host a chance to resolve the issue first though.

Hey DavidMan,
    When you have more then 160 messages of tickets in your account, do you think there's still something to add ??
    I reckon should be clear enough that I'm not happy...
    C'mon.. Don't make thinks harder then what they actually are..
    I've tried to be kind with them every time, but now is too much.
    Anyway, thanks for you help, but it's something that I've already tried to do.
    I've paid with Paypal, so don't know if I can ask them for a Chargeback, but I'll try to do that.

Hey DavidMan,
    When you have more then 160 messages of tickets in your account, do you think there's still something to add ??
    I reckon should be clear enough that I'm not happy...
    C'mon.. Don't make thinks harder then what they actually are..
    I've tried to be kind with them every time, but now is too much.
    Anyway, thanks for you help, but it's something that I've already tried to do.
    I've paid with Paypal, so don't know if I can ask them for a Chargeback, but I'll try to do that.
    I'm not saying you've not tried but certainly we've only heard your side of the story.

The final message to them regarding resolution is more for your credit card company than for them.

You need to make it clear you'll perform a chargeback if your problem isn't resolved.

As for Paypal, you can file a dispute several months after the payment. If your PayPal account/functionality isn't important to you, you can file a chargeback via your credit card company but PayPal will shut your account down.

With 25 VPSs you are quite a catch as a customer.
    I cannot believe they let you go by treating you like that.
    Absolutely amazing.
    What kind of VPSs you had with them ?

It's a nightmare. Sorry to hear it happened to you.

Do you happen to know what was wrong with their VPSes?

What financial agency was that?