Suggestion on web hosting for web designer based in india

Hello everyone here, I am freelance web designer based in India.I am newbie here and need to know about some suggestion on choosing a web hosting for my carrier.

My clients are non-tech people and i have to give them packages like website package(Domain+hosting+design) for some affordable price.

So I am researching for some reliable,affordable,supportive web hosting for my clients projects.

I need your valuable suggestions for the following configuration for a web host.

1) The web hosting should be affordable ( whether it is India/International based company)
    2)The hosting company should have at least 99% up time.
    3) The support should be good.
    4) I prefer shared hosting, which should host on average 20-30 domains.
    5) All the domains hosted on web hosting plan will be static websites and files like(Images/Videos/Flash) will be hosted else where.
    6) The files for each domain hosted on web hosting plan only include basic scripts/html/css/js only.
    7) expected bandwidth for each site will be 5k hits per month.
    8)I Prefer paying monthly,if discounts are available i will be paying annually.

I have gone through numerous reviews over the web before landing here.I need suggestions and recommendation from real web designers and web hosting users.I know about various paid and affiliate reviews on the web.I believe that users here are genuine and will provide good suggestion based on their experience.

Affiliate marketers kindly don't reply to this thread unless you have really used the hosting and the services.

All the real users views and opinions are welcomed.

I will be thankful to everyone who read this,if you have used a web hosting that meets my requirements kindly post your reply to this thread.

As far as I know bigrock.com is a well-known hosting provider established by Indian. I have hosted 4 domains with them for 6 years. So far so good.
    Web Hosting Discussions - There is not best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
    Web Hosting Offers - Be Wise before Ordering a Web Hosting Package.

@Inrock welcome to

Your requirements are quite normal and you have a good grasp of what you need.

I would recommend going for a Reseller hosting account instead of a shared hosting account for 2 reasons -

1. Most companies won't allow you to host clients in a shared plan.

2. Using a reseller account, you can create Hosting Plans and separate Hosting accounts for each client. This way you will be able to define space/bandwidth/email etc for each client as well as provide them their own access which would reduce your support load.

Please see reseller hosting company reviews here - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3 and offers made by companies on WHT here - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
    LeapSwitch Networks Pvt. Ltd. - Managed VPS / Dedicated Servers India
    CloudJiffy PaaS - Wordpress Cluster Hosting
    █ Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    AS132335 - India - USA - Germany - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine

@ishan

Thank you for your suggestion,The clients i am handling don't need access to cpanel or any other administration access,so reseller hosting is not my plan.All i need is a good shared hosting provider who can meet those requirements.Moreover my budget is planned for shared hosting only.As i am a designer who need to provide complete website as a package i have to handle all the charges and provide client with a single invoice of website package price.If you have used any shared hosting that meets this requirements suggest some.
    Last edited by Inrock; 10-10-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: title modification

@sircoulson

Quote Originally Posted by sircoulson View Post
    As far as I know bigrock.com is a well-known hosting provider established by Indian. I have hosted 4 domains with them for 6 years. So far so good.
    Thank you for your reply. Can big rock shared hosting meet my requirements? when i calculated the hosting charges of big rock with other us based companies big rock is providing less features and more pricy.

Quote Originally Posted by Inrock View Post
    Thank you for your reply. Can big rock shared hosting meet my requirements? when i calculated the hosting charges of big rock with other us based companies big rock is providing less features and more pricy.
    What is your budget for this hosting ?

@ishan

i plan to purchase a shared hosting that should cost $3-$5 pm or if discounts are available plan to purchase annual hosting plan not more than $40-$70. I plan to buy a good hosting plan that meets requirements. I prefer offshore(US,UK
    ) hosting providers as i have some idea that the companies are reliable.I don't prefer some specific companies like Go daddy,Big rock and some other India based providers due to lack of reliability,support and pricey.

I recommend Crocweb I used them before for my personal websites. Loved their service.

inmotionhosting,site5 are good and i had my site hosted at inmotionhosting for 3months and support is good too and my suggestions is that you should increase your price to $10pm as $3-5pm is low for hosting 20-30 domains

@princevegeta

Quote Originally Posted by princevegeta View Post
    inmotionhosting,site5 are good and i had my site hosted at inmotionhosting for 3months and support is good too and my suggestions is that you should increase your price to $10pm as $3-5pm is low for hosting 20-30 domains
    As i said that my clients sites are static sites i planned for a shared hosting.I will be moving the clients sites to different hosting plans based on their requirement(traffic/site type(dynamic/static)As most of the shared hosting plans boast unlimited domains,which is not possible i am limiting to 20 domains.Hence i would like to hear from real users whether hosting such amount of domains on a single shared hosting plan is possible or not! Even if it is possible how much reliable will be the particular shared hosting plan from provider.Your suggestion for the same are welcomed.Thank you

Ezpzhosting, crocweb, hudsonvalleyhost, or check the shared hosting offer

What's your budget I wonder?

i plan to purchase a shared hosting that should cost $3-$5 pm or if discounts are available plan to purchase annual hosting plan not more than $40-$70. I plan to buy a good hosting plan that meets requirements. I prefer offshore(US,UK
    ) hosting providers as i have some idea that the companies are reliable.I don't prefer some specific companies like Go daddy,Big rock and some other India based providers due to lack of reliability,support and pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by reswertious-adam View Post
    What's your budget I wonder?
    @Inrock has mentioned budget, see above. I feel it is a bit low.

I wonder if shared hosting plans can not even handle 20 domains how can these hosting providers advertise unlimited in their hosting plans? Can anyone tell on an average how many domains can be hosted on a shared hosting plan which advertises as unlimited domains hosting? I assumed that 20 domains is decent amount of domains.If plan to host 10-15 domains on so called unlimited shared hosting plans will it be reliable.If so kindly list such hosting providers.As i am on a very strict budget right now, i will scale up later on if requirements are not met.

i say 10 - most of webhost that say unlimited. they dont expect you to use more then a normal account that normaly use. my advice would be to get a reseller hosting or maybe a vps to host all 10+ domain. so unlimited webhost could be reliable but not all you will have to investigate for recent review

Do you recommend some good reliable hosting companies which can handle 10 domains per single web hosting plan? What about BBB rating? Are BBB rating just a sign for trust or just some sort of marketing trick? If BBB rating is trust able please list some a+ rated shared hosts out there.

even some have a BBB that dosen't get my trust. anyone with money get there a BBB seal. stablehost, crocweb(heard alot of good thing), hudsonvalleyhost, ezpzhosting. make a list of your choice then people could give some comment

* Suggestion

Hello everyone here, I am freelance web designer based in India.I am newbie here and need to know about some suggestion on choosing a web hosting for my carrier.

My clients are non-tech people and i have to give them packages like website package(Domain+hosting+design) for some affordable price.

So I am researching for some reliable,affordable,supportive web hosting for my clients projects.

I need your valuable suggestions for the following configuration for a web host.

1) The web hosting should be affordable ( whether it is India/International based company)
    2)The hosting company should have at least 99% up time.
    3) The support should be good.
    4) I prefer shared hosting, which should host on average 20-30 domains.
    5) All the domains hosted on web hosting plan will be static websites and files like(Images/Videos/Flash) will be hosted else where.
    6) The files for each domain hosted on web hosting plan only include basic scripts/html/css/js only.
    7) expected bandwidth for each site will be 5k hits per month.
    8)I Prefer paying monthly,if discounts are available i will be paying annually.

I have gone through numerous reviews over the web before landing here.I need suggestions and recommendation from real web designers and web hosting users.I know about various paid and affiliate reviews on the web.I believe that users here are genuine and will provide good suggestion based on their experience.

Affiliate marketers kindly don't reply to this thread unless you have really used the hosting and the services.

All the real users views and opinions are welcomed.

I will be thankful to everyone who read this,if you have used a web hosting that meets my requirements kindly post your reply to this thread.
    Based on the requirements listed by you, you can go for a shared hosting plan which allows you to host multiple domain, in your case more than 20. Since your data won't be much and also not that huge no of visitor's, I think you should consider shared hosting only. In case in future if it exceeds you can upgrade at any time (with the help of your provider). Secondly before taking I would also suggest you to have a word with them either via chat or email if possible and also look out for their offers section. I am sure everyone must be having some or the other offer to give to their clients.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Thank you everyone for your suggestions,I have shortlisted asmallorange,stablehost,mddhosting and few others. ASO has great support. The problem with offshore companies is the payment methods they allow for customers.Most of the credit cards/debit cards are not accepted due to unknown errors.Now after shortlisting this has become a problem for me to purchase a hosting plan.