Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    thanks for including me! so your buying hosting account from every webhost you find ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NoHelpHost View Post
    so your buying hosting account from every webhost you find ?
    I found this is a common practice for some webmasters.
      0 Not allowed!

yes i guess it is
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for including me! so your buying hosting account from every webhost you find ?
    Yes we used to use a company called Cloakhosting, who amalgamated all the small mom and pop hosting company, under one control panel, to reduce the footprint of blog networks, we did not get on with them, this way is more time consuming, but once its all set up, each network will be spreed across these hosting company's to reduce the foot print.
    We could set up 500 websites with Cloakhosting per week.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AfterPenguinseo View Post
    We could set up 500 websites with Cloakhosting per week.
    500 website --> 500 account ? buying per week ?
      0 Not allowed!

sorry to say pricing was my deciding factor
    Looking at the cost just for the deciding factor isn't a smart move to be honest why have a load of sub par cheapy hosting providers when two or three quality providers is more likely a no brainer.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Looking at the cost just for the deciding factor isn't a smart move to be honest why have a load of sub par cheapy hosting providers when two or three quality providers is more likely a no brainer.
    Depends how smart you. Google can detect links coming from networks, deindex the domains, wasted time effort and money.
    Guys have had big networks over on seohosting.com
    Matt Cutts have found all their domains on class c ips, deindex them costing 10's of thousands of dollars. Each domain depending on its Pr can cost $600
      0 Not allowed!

500 website --> 500 account ? buying per week ?
    We could with cloakhosting.com its 10 clicks and the site is up
    Diffrent ips, diffrent NS,diffrent domains, diffrent themes.
      0 Not allowed!

Depends how smart you. Google can detect links coming from networks, deindex the domains, wasted time effort and money.
    Guys have had big networks over on seohosting.com
    Matt Cutts have found all their domains on class c ips, deindex them costing 10's of thousands of dollars. Each domain depending on its Pr can cost $600
    A smart 'SEO'er isn't going to post on a public forum about all of the hosts he has. Google is getting very good at catching people and sooner rather than later, they will catch you too.

If you write quality content, you will rank high and people will go to your website.

If you have 100 spam blogs at 100 web hosting providers, you'll end up getting delisted, nobody will buy and you'll have to go back to working at McDonalds.
      0 Not allowed!

yes i guess it is
    I bought from you aswell. and your hosting so far lives up to its name, didnt need any support with the account. Thanks
    thepesh************.com
      0 Not allowed!

Yea I kno
      0 Not allowed!

Add this company to the list
    clubivoire, bought, paid, account created, site up, must have been 10 minutes. Finished
      0 Not allowed!

Best of luck with clubivoire
      0 Not allowed!

His support was great, i didn't have a PayPal button to pay 2 minutes or so it was there.
      0 Not allowed!

The deal with Hostagtor is that since being bought by EIG their shared hosting clients are being moved to the Unified Layer Network, which is the same used by Bluehost and is, in my experience, considerably slower than an average shared hosting provider.

Some customers of Hostgator, however, are still being hosted on Network Layer which is a premium host. Response time and uptime for these servers are much better than Unified Layer. Hence why you will find mixed reviews about Hostgator.
      0 Not allowed!

I have used these hosting companys, sorry to say pricing was my deciding factor, all were great on service, all of these companys offered value for money. Now I will have to see how they perform.
    T1 Hosting
    NetworkPanda
    Nubesky
    Jump System
    Inventive Hosting
    WEBDEV FISH
    02Hosting
    Hostient
    Vpscreed
    ReverseHosts
    Bdwebservices
    Crissic Solutions
    DoHost
    HouseMartin
    No Help Hosting
    Edenhost.com
    Adarsh Host
    Atom Hosting
    IroncladServers
    NextWeb
    WebHosters
    Quick Click Hosting
    PeakServers
    Dalhosting
    CheapHostingBD
    Stallion Host
    web3k
    HostMastered
    10gi.gs
    ErrantWeb
    IDC.NET
    Tuguhost
    Hosty-Host
    Silversit
    St George
    PremiumVM
    Studyhost
    WeLoveServers
    HostingOwner
    Blastport
    Talehosting
    Mmm, see that we were on the list. Hopefully our service was good or met your expectations. If not, please drop us a line ! We always love to hear feedback, good or bad to help us improve!
    Live the day in courage |

0 Not allowed!

If you must set up a blog network then this looks to be the best way of doing so at the moment - set up accounts at a lot of different hosts and keep everything low-keyed. At least that is the first steps.

I guess that running a blog network is more than a full-time job, with rolling out new sites, writing unique content for each site, mapping out a linking strategy, backing up all of those sites for when a host disappears etc...
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004
      0 Not allowed!

What happens if a website turns out to be hosted on the same IP as another website because they're on the same physical node?
      0 Not allowed!

500 sites on 500 accounts, seems like you are a busy bee.
    To me this seems like an unmanagable nightmare.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    What happens if a website turns out to be hosted on the same IP as another website because they're on the same physical node?
    We have link diversification, so this will not happen. But it could still happen, but then we would only lose those site, not the entire network.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kambone View Post
    500 sites on 500 accounts, seems like you are a busy bee.
    To me this seems like an unmanagable nightmare.
    Yes it is, especially when you have ordered hosting and you dont get your account details at the same time, as your invoice and welcoming email, but I did a spreedsheet to track it all.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RRWH View Post
    If you must set up a blog network then this looks to be the best way of doing so at the moment - set up accounts at a lot of different hosts and keep everything low-keyed. At least that is the first steps.

I guess that running a blog network is more than a full-time job, with rolling out new sites, writing unique content for each site, mapping out a linking strategy, backing up all of those sites for when a host disappears etc...
    Content is done by a a freelance, backing up, not a problem, beats having all your sites hacked on Cloakhosting
      0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by gdtechind View Post
    I have hosted websites with these companies and i would like to share the list with members here for Reliable Hosting Companies for shared hosting. I will also request other members to give their opinion.

1. Hawkhost (very reliable and semi dedicated is even better)
    2. Stablehost (good prices, but i face trouble of lower mysql connections from time to time)
    3. CrocWeb (no issues so far as they have SSD and price is good as well.)
    4. SimplexWebs (sometimes see slow website, but only 2-3 times in a month, they also have SSD, which is good. Price is high though).
    5. Hostgator (they are reliable, but their servers are slow at times and they don't have Litespeed)

I was also having accounts with the following but do not have anymore. They were also reliable.
    MediaLayer (very good service but price is little high)
    MDDHosting (again good host but prices are higher)
    GeekHosting (i have used them twice, but do not have account with them at the moment, price is good)

One company which created major trouble for me was DownTownHost. I guess most of the forum members know when they have massive downtime.

Please add some more hosts to the list. So, that we have a list of hosting providers we can trust.
    I would suggest:
    Bluehost
    1and1

I think you would be in a better position to select since you have a good experience in dealing with hosting companies. I suggest you this because everyone has their own requirements and their own experiences with that company, might as well you go ahead with whom you have had a good experience.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alex0 View Post
    I would suggest:
    Bluehost
    1and1
    We would not recommend neither of these. They are all part of EIG and this topic is already commented enough on this forum.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes it is, especially when you have ordered hosting and you dont get your account details at the same time, as your invoice and welcoming email, but I did a spreedsheet to track it all.
    Content is done by a a freelance, backing up, not a problem, beats having all your sites hacked on Cloakhosting
    Well then it seems like you have it all figured out.
    Good luck!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast