Thumbs up HostVenom Review :|: Chicago, IL @ Steadfast Networks 725 S. Wells St. Datacenter

Hello,

I am a common visitor here on WHT. Always looking for a good deal on dedicated servers, specifically Chicago and Dallas. I'm a bit of a gameserver addict and I like a nice centralized location such as Chicago.

I was a bit skeptical of HostVenom at first because they seemed like a newer company. How could I be more wrong?

These guys have proven to me that they are the real deal. They take customer support and service to a whole new level. Scott even went so far as to add me on Skype for very quick contact with him, should I need it.

Brandon and Scott have helped me every step of the way, with anything I've had an issue with (I haven't had many, I promise you that).

The Hardware

I currently rent the following from HostVenom and run my Minecraft servers off of it. I get no complaints of lag and the hardware throws off big loads like it's nothing.

Xeon e3-1270v2 3.50GHz
    32Gb DDR3 RAM
    500GB 7.2k HDD
    128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
    1Gbps Port
    CentOS 64-Bit

The Network

They use the Steadfast network. What more needs to be said?

Steadfast uses the following blend for the Chicago location: Level(3), NTT America, Inteliquent, Tata, and GTT (nLayer).

They use Brocade and Juniper core routers along with Cisco and Juniper switches. At the core of their blend sits InterNAP FCP devices for complete and intelligent optimization of routing to clients. This results in a very low ping that is beyond perfect for Game Server Providers and hosts of online gaming communities.

The Staff

As I said above, the HostVenom staff are among the most friendly and personalized staff and support members I have ever met in my life. They take the extra time and go that extra mile to explain everything to you and get the answers you need.

They are quick to respond to tickets and technical inquiries. They have been very understanding and knowledgeable about any issues I have had, all of which involved software on my end.

Overall

My overall personal consensus? Don't be afraid of these guys. An all-around great provider who actually cares about the people who they serve. They call you by name and don't consider you a number. Hardware is Grade-A and they'll even order custom hardware should you desire. The network is top notch.

Thanks for reading my first review!

OSTKCabal

Big vouch for HostVenom, very pleased with them.

I also reviewed them a while back here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1275486