hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : which vps control panel to offer for vps customers

Forum Jump

which vps control panel to offer for vps customers

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Exclamation

which vps control panel to offer for vps customers

Hello there,

i have installed OpenVZ on the HN server, also created my 1st vps

now i'm just wondering which control panels that should i use or provide to customers as a vps company

we only have OpenVZ installed on the HN

any help will be appretiated

please all accept my best regards,,

Sponsored Links
Old
Technical Nutcase

Hello,
SolusVM has a reseller style system. Same with HyperVM, although many refuse to touch HyperVM

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
Hello,
SolusVM has a reseller style system. Same with HyperVM, although many refuse to touch HyperVM
hello KMyers,

thanks man for your kind sharing,

actually i tried Hypervm (slave) on a vps but doesnt work as i found that it need to be installed on the HN not per vps

i will try Solusvm control panel,

so man reseller vps control panels means that these control panels only can be installed per vps not in the main HN ?

please accept my best regards

Sponsored Links
Old
Technical Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan-BiEnG View Post
hello KMyers,

thanks man for your kind sharing,

actually i tried Hypervm (slave) on a vps but doesnt work as i found that it need to be installed on the HN not per vps

i will try Solusvm control panel,

so man reseller vps control panels means that these control panels only can be installed per vps not in the main HN ?

please accept my best regards
All of these are installed on the Host Node

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
All of these are installed on the Host Node
including SolusVM ?

i want a control panel which i could install on vps not in the HN

i use OpenVZ command line on the HN, while i need graphic control panel to be installed on the vps for customers to be able to control there vps

please accept my best regards,,

Old
Technical Nutcase

You could in theory install a control panel on a VM, but its a bad idea to put it on the same node.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hello KMyers,

we are a web hosting company which just start VPS bussiness

which means we have little knowledge about this field

OpenVZ is our virtualization software, we have already created vps using OpenVZ command line

as a vps web hosting provider, we need to offer VPS control panels for vps customers

is it possible to install a control panel, SolusVM (as an example) only on the VPS not in the HN ?

which will allow us to provide more than one control panel type on each VPS/VE/container according to customer needs

or this is not possible because no control panel will be installed on VPS only as it will need also to be installed on the main HN ?

please all accept my best regardss

Last edited by HuMan-BiEnG; 05-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old
Technical Nutcase

Quote:
Hello KMyers,

we are a web hosting company which just start VPS bussiness

which means we have little knowledge about this field

OpenVZ is our virtualization software, we have already created vps using OpenVZ command line

as a vps web hosting provider, we need to offer VPS control panels for vps customers

is it possible to install a control panel, SolusVM (as an example) only on the VPS not in the HN ?

which will allow us to provide more than one control panel type on each VPS/VE/container according to customer needs

or this is not possible because no control panel will be installed on VPS only as it will need also to be installed on the main HN ?

please all accept my best regardss
Hello,
You dont want to put Solus on a VPS in the same VPS node that you are offering to your customers. It will cause too many problems. Once the control panel is installed, a customer will sill be able to install a control panel of their choosing inside of the VPS (such as cPanel).

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Hello,
You dont want to put Solus on a VPS in the same VPS node that you are offering to your customers. It will cause too many problems. Once the control panel is installed, a customer will sill be able to install a control panel of their choosing inside of the VPS (such as cPanel).
hello KMyers,

so does this mean that we as a VPS hosting provider doesnt need to install a vps control panel on every VPS that we will provide to each customer

instead we will only need to install WHM/cpanel or Kloxo or Webmin control panels only on each VPS we provide !!

and so for creating/adding new VPS on the main HN we could still use OpenVZ command line

Old
Technical Nutcase

Quote:
hello KMyers,

so does this mean that we as a VPS hosting provider doesnt need to install a vps control panel on every VPS that we will provide to each customer

instead we will only need to install WHM/cpanel or Kloxo or Webmin control panels only on each VPS we provide !!

and so for creating/adding new VPS on the main HN we could still use OpenVZ command line

No, it is actually not a good idea to pre-install a control panel, not all users may need or want one

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
hello KMyers,

If you install, let's say solusvm, on your system you can provide them with an account that gives them access to what they need to control their VPS. Internally, on the vps itself, is where you would install cPanel or other control panels of that type. I think that is the answer you were looking for.

Old
WHT Content Curator

Quote:
hello KMyers,

Are you sure you should be a VPS hosting provider asking these questions?

www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy View Post
Are you sure you should be a VPS hosting provider asking these questions?
Hello Techy,

we as a web hosting provider willnt provide VPS if we dont have much knowledge about this project

we just starting this new business & still doesnt have more knowledge & so trying to understand this bussiness thats why we are asking

ps: if we dont ask we willnt learn & its off course your right to share or no share knowledge that will help us

thanks for your post

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hello all,

because of your kind cooperations & sharing with me

i reach to the following points :

1) we will use OpenVZ for virtualization & administring/creating VPS through command line, so we willnt need graphic VPS control panel to be installed (i prefer cmd type bussiness which allow for using scripts to implement jobs in speedy way)

2) we will provide VPS different plans, & each VPS that will be provided will have one of the following control panel options (according to customer needs) :

WHM/cpanel
Kloxo
Webmin

please all accept my best regards,,

Old
Intangible Asset Appraiser

Quote:
including SolusVM ?

i want a control panel which i could install on vps not in the HN

i use OpenVZ command line on the HN, while i need graphic control panel to be installed on the vps for customers to be able to control there vps

SolusVM has a "Slave only" for 2.50/m that you install on a VPS. You then apply a slave license for any HN you want to control from it. You can move that VPS around to any HN, which makes it pretty easy to backup and migrate should the need arise.