hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : SEO / SEM Discussions : SEO Software, opinions?

Forum Jump

SEO Software, opinions?

Reply Post New Thread In SEO / SEM  Discussions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 AM

SEO Software, opinions?

Has anyone got any experience with software packages that help you improve your websites SEO? Were looking at improve the SEO on our E-Commerce website at work. At the moment were not the first result on Google for our target key words but are near the top, and have managed to get up to second for a couple of key words over the last couple of months for some of the key words. However there is one site that beats us all the time.

Anyway i have been looking at some software packages that help you improve your websites SEO.

Traffic Travis is the one we like the look of at the moment, it does appear to be quite a good package from what i have seen.

http://www.traffictravis.com/ - $97 for a full licence.

I have seen a few other packages too when looking for alternatives.

I Business Promoter appears to be a popular package, however is 200 Euros for a standard licence

http://www.ibusinesspromoter.com

Web CEO appears very expensive at $50 a month for a web based version, or $500 for a desktop version.

http://www.webceo.com/

As we are a small business we cant afford to be spending 1000's on SEO at the moment, however have identified areas we know we can improve in.

Has anyone had any experiences with the above packages, or maybe another we have not looked at.

Any input would be great.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Junior Guru

Traffic Travis used to be good. When they went to the 4.0 version I stopped using it as too many things changed
IBP - stay away. For the price, it's just not worth it. Lots of info, and will generate a 72 page report for your keyword on ONE page - but really, who has the time to read through 72 pages for a single keyword. It's so much information, it's overkill
webceo I used to use and like. I still have a version that I play with from time to time.

Others that I recommend are -
MarketSamauri - not as good as they used to be, but great for niche information
link-assistant - website auditor & ranktracker and the rest of the collection of tools is nice.
seomoz - Site Explorer can be a wealth of information
raventools - great for reports, research and monitoring
xenu - verify all the links in your site work

There's a handful of others that I've used and use currently, but the link-assistant is probably the best money investment that one can make based on the tools you get.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hi,

Site explorer majesticseo.com is also good and there are lots of free features available with them.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

After doing some reading on SEO, I found out that the best SEO tools are keyword tools. One of the most popular is WordTracker.com (which is pretty pricey) and I went with KeywordEye.co.uk which is alot more cheaper and does pretty much the same things as WordTracker. I also found another tool called "WordPress Automatic" which seems to help with content and links by automatically pulling articles off article directories.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 AM

Thanks for the oppositions guys, i have looked at a fair few of them.

link-assistant looks pretty good, the collection of tools they offer looks really useful, and not bad at all for the price.

Might go with them.

Thanks a lot.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Freelance SEO Consultant

In my 13 years of doing SEO, I have never used any sort of tool to help my websites and clients sites with SEO. Knowledge is power. Gaining that knowledge is way more important than any tool. Get an understanding of whats required and run with it.

Just don't believe everything you read out there. Test, test, test and test again. Trial and error. Refine. Patience. Refine again. What is inside your head will always be better than any tool, when it comes to SEO. :-)

Old 05-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin View Post
In my 13 years of doing SEO, I have never used any sort of tool to help my websites and clients sites with SEO. Knowledge is power. Gaining that knowledge is way more important than any tool. Get an understanding of whats required and run with it.

Just don't believe everything you read out there. Test, test, test and test again. Trial and error. Refine. Patience. Refine again. What is inside your head will always be better than any tool, when it comes to SEO. :-)
I agree , I think you should 1st set up your SEO plane that match your site better , may be you will find some features in the offered packages that can`t really help you.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Web Hosting Master

I used ibusinesspromoter but free version. It is a good software. My website already was on first page so I did rest seo promotion manually.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:47 AM
WHT Addict

Yes,tools can only help to make your analysis work easy but any software or tool can not help you to make quality link building or any seo work by itself.To do quality work you need to do it manually so I will recommend you to do seo work manually by analysing each website before placing links of your website on it.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:54 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
At the moment were not the first result on Google for our target key words but are near the top,
... However there is one site that beats us all the time.
That being the case, it suggests that there is little (if anything) wrong with your site, but that your competitor is doing something
better (but having said that, just because they are above you it does not necessarily mean that they are getting more traffic than you).
I would spend some time looking at their site to see if there is anything to be learnt.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Web Hosting Guru

What these tools can do for you? I think not much but it can make more convinience to track your SEO campaign. Compare to there price, it's very overpriced IMO.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiplecloud-zid View Post
What these tools can do for you? I think not much but it can make more convinience to track your SEO campaign. Compare to there price, it's very overpriced IMO.
I agree with you regarding the price, and have only ever tried free versions. When I first started and knew nothing, I did find them useful in pointing out some of the basics to me. However, on other things different softwares offer different advice and once I got to that stage, I asked my own questions about these things and came to my own conclusions.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:00 AM

We can't depend on software as on some we can't trust and it will be way to expensive as we cannot predict when will we get results.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:59 AM
WHT Addict

I Do much of SEO work using tools not from softwares.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Also tools for link building is almost spam with bulk backlink which you should avoid nowadays.