Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sky
    Posts
    28

    Google Begins Penalizing Search 'Over-Optimization

    Google is making a change to its search algorithm to penalize what the company's head of Web spam called "over-optimization" and instead favor websites with high-quality content and less refined search-engine optimization.

    My one site have affected by these changes. My lots of keywords ranked on first page. But now they rank on 3-4 pages in Google. I do not know, what happened, but I have lost all keyword ranking as well as traffic. I have never used any technique to optimization my site. Have someone faced this problem? I want to recover from this problem. Please suggest…


  2. #2
    Well Google's employees who'd do this manually or using any kind of automated method definitely do not apply objective criteria in any single case. I'm sure they are trying to do a good job. However at the end of the day you can see a bunch of low quality spammy websites ranked well and others which are content rich, disqualified.

    Just look at your web pages, take your time to find out whether you're missing something and resubmit the website for crawling if necessary.

  3. #3
    According to me the best way to recovery from over optimization is very simple but tasking. You should have to slow down the SEO and create more and more great quality content.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    1,330
    How does a web hosting company create more unique content for their company homepage :p ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by ishan View Post
    How does a web hosting company create more unique content for their company homepage :p ?
    Maybe have a 'New Customers' section on your home page, showcasing some of your recent clients. As long as you continually can update it, you'll at least show the SE bots that the content is dynamic/fresh.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by gotlivechat View Post
    Maybe have a 'New Customers' section on your home page, showcasing some of your recent clients. As long as you continually can update it, you'll at least show the SE bots that the content is dynamic/fresh.
    That would actually be a privacy violation.

  7. #7
    Are you sure that it is because of 'Over-optimization'?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by denniemark View Post
    Google is making a change to its search algorithm to penalize what the company's head of Web spam called "over-optimization" and instead favor websites with high-quality content and less refined search-engine optimization.

    My one site have affected by these changes. My lots of keywords ranked on first page. But now they rank on 3-4 pages in Google. I do not know, what happened, but I have lost all keyword ranking as well as traffic. I have never used any technique to optimization my site. Have someone faced this problem? I want to recover from this problem. Please suggest…

    Most probably, you faced recent algorithm update ("Penguin").

    Google created a special report page where they wrote:
    "If your site was affected by the "Penguin" webspam algorithm update on April 24th, 2012, and you don't think it should have been affected, please give us more details below:"

    Here's a link
    docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVxdmdRWFJRTjRoLWZVTHZkaTBQbkE6MQ

    There you can indicate your affected pages and queries

  9. #9
    After all these updates of Google Panda and Google Penguin still the search results are not accurate many times. Still there are sites who are irrelevant and ranking in top. Anyways we should maintain our sites quality to the best

  10. #10

    Google Penguin

    Do you've seen your website rank down after google new update that is penguin update? if yes then what will be your next step to recover your website rank?

  11. #11
    Though i didn't face it but some of my friends has lost their rank in Google after this. Now they are planning to re-design of their website and then will start again SEO work. I don't know it will be helpful or not.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by eliza189 View Post
    Though i didn't face it but some of my friends has lost their rank in Google after this. Now they are planning to re-design of their website and then will start again SEO work. I don't know it will be helpful or not.
    what do mean be redesign? is it only for contents or else?

  13. #13
    Thankfully we weren’t hit...But then we never indulged in webspam either.

    For those who were,
    Stick to white hat (since the update discourages indulgence in spammy SEO practices), legitimate SEO work. Avoid indulgence in keyword stuffing, link spamming (link trading) & linking the same anchor text to multiple sources. Include unique, informative content in your website and make the most of social media interactions.

  14. #14
    IF you are not using keyword spamming than google penguin won't harm your rankings

  15. #15
    I suggest you for recovering from this probs then Change your all content if possible and if you done any submission with same anchor text for Link building then please remove.

    Check you all incoming links...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does the Google Adsense Site Search Differ from Google Custom Search?
    By lexington in forum SEO / SEM Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 03:56 PM
  2. >> Need someone to change flash search box to Google AdSense Search
    By HostFreak Inc. in forum Employment / Job Offers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 10:48 PM
  3. DISCOUNT search engine optimization proposal. Get TOP SEARCH ENGINE RANKING!
    By HQHost in forum Other Web Hosting Related Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 03:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •