Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 58
  1. #1

    2Checkout. Are they worth using?

    I am considering using 2Checkout to process all payments for the hosting products I will have available when I launch my hosting business. I already have an account setup which is ready for use with PayPal disabled on it, as I only want to be able to have card payments processed through 2Checkout as I am not a big fan of PayPal.

    I am just looking for feedback on how good 2Checkout is and are they worth using, if not why?

    I understand everyone has different opinions but the idea of this thread is to see what the general opinion is on 2Checkout.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    53
    Pretty good company. High Fees! They've started that stupid pay monthly get a reduced fee thing which is great for those who process alot however some people like me would much rather pay for each transaction.

    Can we still signup for the old payment plan or do I have to wait till May ends?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by strider96 View Post
    Pretty good company. High Fees! They've started that stupid pay monthly get a reduced fee thing which is great for those who process alot however some people like me would much rather pay for each transaction.

    Can we still signup for the old payment plan or do I have to wait till May ends?
    My account seems to be on the old payment plan.

    Are their fees as bad as PayPal?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    237
    The fees are higher than PayPal, but the company is not bad!
    LinkAlone Networks - Canadian Smart Hosting Solutions
    Data Center Location in Canada and U.S.A
    24/7 Managed Support - Ticketing System

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    237
    BTW, PayPal it's must today. The majority of our clients are paying through PayPal.

    And it's always good to have more options of payment.
    LinkAlone Networks - Canadian Smart Hosting Solutions
    Data Center Location in Canada and U.S.A
    24/7 Managed Support - Ticketing System

  6. #6
    They are not too bad. Payments are pretty much always on time and you can call them most of the time if you have any issues.

    Would recommend you keep paypal as well - very popular and you don't want to reduce your potential customer base by not offering it.
    AMS Computer | Delivering Excellence - Providing web hosting since 1996!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | cPanel/WHM | Softaculous |
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Daily Backups

    http://www.amscomputer.com |

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Above The Clouds
    Posts
    6,999
    Some people simply won't use PayPal so you really do some other payment option for those clients. If you don't have a merchant account or some other option then 2Checkout would be a great choice.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida, U.S
    Posts
    1,683
    We use 2CheckOut and recommend them often as well. Their fraud detection is also very good IMHO.

    @Those who don't use PayPal - If you're not accepting PayPal payments, you're losing clients.. With 2CO, you can also accept PayPal payments, without having to deal with PayPal directly or have an account with them (a nice plus from 2CO).
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    70
    I do use 2CheckOut, the support is really good. Never had problems with them. If you aren't paypal fan then You can accept paypal payments via 2Checkout.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,600
    I can certainly recommend 2checkout. They do have high fees in comparison but their service, support & reliability can't be beaten.

    However, they do have high chargeback fees where as PayPal are more reasonable on this front but overall when you look at support & reliability/checkout experience I prefer them to PayPal.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Responsive whmcs templates | WHMCS | Wordpress | HTML5 | Settings area
    █ Hire us for responsive whmcs integration - enhance your website using the new "Six" template!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,518
    I think its nice to offer a variety of options for clients to pay. Some people may have issues with Paypal or other merchant accounts, and therefore the more you offer the more appeal you have to customers.
    Doug, Sales Leader
    VPS | KVM SSD & SATA VPS | Dedicated Servers | Colocation
    99.999% Uptime | 24x7x365 Support | Global Data Centers
    www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    119
    I offer both Paypal and 2CO.
    I personally like 2CO a lot more, regardless of the fees they charge.

    But Paypal doesn't offer service everywhere, so that's where 2CO becomes handy.
    █| Velxo Hosting | Quality Hosting Solution - Lightening Fast & Secure Servers
    █| cPanel - Fantastico De Luxe - CloudFlare - RV Site Builder - Daily Backups
    █| 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Affordable Services - 24/7/365 Technical Support - 99.97%+ Uptime Guarantee
    █| www.velxo.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    623
    Using 2CO for the past couple of years without any trouble. They have been great in everything.

    Better than PayPal on almost all aspects.
    "You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period." - Pursuit of Happyness

  14. #14
    We have decided to give both PayPal and 2Checkout ago, as separate payment processing agents, so the PayPal module on 2Checkout is still disabled,, and we will process Debit and Credit cards through 2Checkout and if the client has a PayPal account they can pay through there.

    Hope that makes sense?
    Master Reseller Pro

  15. #15
    We have used 2Checkout before and were actually very satisfied with the company and services offered. But i have to agree with the rest, their fees are quite high.
    I have found that gate2shop is quite a good alternative. Fast and competent support.
    Paypal is a must for a hosting company these days. A lot of people use it.
    One2Host.eu - Hosting solutions
    Email hosting - Shared hosting - Reseller - VPS - Dedicated servers
    Linux Servers - Plesk - MySQL/php - 24/7 servermonitoring - More than 150 one-click installation applications - Money back guarantee
    Twitter: @one2host

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Servers
    Posts
    1,588
    For low volume of sales 2CO is great. Their anti-fraud screening is good too.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

  17. #17
    On nowadays there are many fraud. 2CO is best with it as they have good fraud protection system. Even in a fact they have higher fees then paypal i recommend them.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,588
    Working with them and happy with them now. Got first payment from 2co yesterday. Also, their support is helpful, so using them is not a bad option.
    Modelwebhost.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMReseller | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept Paypal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, Payza, OKPAY and Bank payments

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida, U.S
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by masterresellerpro View Post
    We have decided to give both PayPal and 2Checkout ago, as separate payment processing agents, so the PayPal module on 2Checkout is still disabled,, and we will process Debit and Credit cards through 2Checkout and if the client has a PayPal account they can pay through there.

    Hope that makes sense?
    This is the same route we have taken with 2CO.. We only use 2CO to process credit card payments and have disabled PayPal via their interface. However, we still provide the option for clients to pay us directly using PayPal, if they wish to.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
    This is the same route we have taken with 2CO.. We only use 2CO to process credit card payments and have disabled PayPal via their interface. However, we still provide the option for clients to pay us directly using PayPal, if they wish to.
    I've actually been meaning to do this!

    I forgot they had the Paypal feature - and since I re-enabled the Paypal gateway, I should disable it via 2CO.

    Thanks for reminding me
    █| Velxo Hosting | Quality Hosting Solution - Lightening Fast & Secure Servers
    █| cPanel - Fantastico De Luxe - CloudFlare - RV Site Builder - Daily Backups
    █| 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Affordable Services - 24/7/365 Technical Support - 99.97%+ Uptime Guarantee
    █| www.velxo.com

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by firentire View Post
    The fees are higher than PayPal, but the company is not bad!
    I was looking at 2CO for accepting credit cards and payments that PayPal doesn't. But the "high fees" got me to question it after reading this post. Is there somebody else with as good fraud protection without the high fees?

  22. #22
    We got our first 2CO payment the other day and they took half the payment as fees (50%). Very expensive. Might reconsider using them and find another payment processing agent as the fees 2CO charge is daylight robbery.
    Master Reseller Pro

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by masterresellerpro View Post
    We got our first 2CO payment the other day and they took half the payment as fees (50%). Very expensive. Might reconsider using them and find another payment processing agent as the fees 2CO charge is daylight robbery.
    What was the total transaction? 50% must suggest a low transaction total.

    You could hide 2checkout as a payment option for low cost hosting and have it available for higher transactions or offer it if users pay per year.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Responsive whmcs templates | WHMCS | Wordpress | HTML5 | Settings area
    █ Hire us for responsive whmcs integration - enhance your website using the new "Six" template!

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by zomex View Post
    What was the total transaction? 50% must suggest a low transaction total.

    You could hide 2checkout as a payment option for low cost hosting and have it available for higher transactions or offer it if users pay per year.
    It was the $1 7 day trial amount we are offering on our vps (This offer has ended now). So is the transaction fee lower for higher amounts?
    Master Reseller Pro

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by masterresellerpro View Post
    It was the $1 7 day trial amount we are offering on our vps (This offer has ended now). So is the transaction fee lower for higher amounts?
    Yeah definitely, I believe it's 2% or so + a certain fee per transaction. When you receive payments of say $10 the fees are very reasonable.

    I used to offer $1 hosting when I first started to get the word out and from memory I believe PayPal's charges were $0.34 on a $1 payment so not far off 50% also.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Responsive whmcs templates | WHMCS | Wordpress | HTML5 | Settings area
    █ Hire us for responsive whmcs integration - enhance your website using the new "Six" template!

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by zomex View Post
    Yeah definitely, I believe it's 2% or so + a certain fee per transaction. When you receive payments of say $10 the fees are very reasonable.

    I used to offer $1 hosting when I first started to get the word out and from memory I believe PayPal's charges were $0.34 on a $1 payment so not far off 50% also.
    It's alright we have now ended this offer and all the fees are over $10 so hopefully the transaction costs will come down a bit.
    Master Reseller Pro

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,588
    Quote Originally Posted by masterresellerpro View Post
    It's alright we have now ended this offer and all the fees are over $10 so hopefully the transaction costs will come down a bit.
    We are also using 2co because we can't use Paypal as our country is not supported. 2co is a very good option when you can't use paypal directly.
    However, fee is a bit high but when transactions are of big amounts, then the fee is reasonable. So, use 2co for higher priced products and paypal for lower priced products.
    Modelwebhost.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMReseller | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept Paypal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, Payza, OKPAY and Bank payments

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    OnTheWeb
    Posts
    2,021
    We are using 2checkout for a while now and we have no complaints. I cant remember the last time we had to contact them about anything at all. Payments are actually on time and they provide a great service. The fees are higher but that is what you get when you want to accept credit cards without having people signup to some third party BEFORE they pay. Their fraud checks are also great and I recommend that you wait for the status of the order from fraud before issuing any services.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    637
    I know this is an older topic, but I gotta know.

    How can I disable the paypal within 2co account? I just got my 2checkout.com account and I don't see a simple way of doing it. Am I missing something obvious?

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    440
    I am using 2CheckOut & PayPal for my company. We received a few orders through 2CheckOut, and 1 was considered Fraud. Their fraud system is really nice and catchy. Although I wish they would have a little more faster time response, but still, very good company. And for only $11/Mo? Not bad, IMO.
    HJI Technologies, LLC - A New Uncompromising Experience, Since 2014
    █ Core Hosting | Nexus Hosting | Web Design Services
    About Us - Learn About Why We're Different | 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
    Get Started Today!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,759
    2Checkout is awesome. They manually review every order before depositing/approving into your account which in turn results to less chargebacks.

    The amount of money you'll save in chargebacks makes 2CO more worth it in the long run...

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    OnTheWeb
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by FTN-Kevin View Post
    2Checkout is awesome. They manually review every order before depositing/approving into your account which in turn results to less chargebacks.
    Where did you see that they manually review each order? If that was the case then things would never get done. They have an automated fraud check system which would inform you of the if it passed or not. For larger orders they tend to manually check those
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,759
    Quote Originally Posted by cpoalmighty View Post
    Where did you see that they manually review each order? If that was the case then things would never get done. They have an automated fraud check system which would inform you of the if it passed or not. For larger orders they tend to manually check those
    Its not automatic, I have personally been told by a 2CO rep on the phone that our account has every payment manually approved and screened.

    Maybe its because we've been a customer for close to 5 years, not sure if they still do this for newer accounts or accounts with less activity.

    They provide much better fraud protection compared to PayPal. With PP, if you get a fraudulent sale outside business hours and you don't refund it on time you might get a quick chargeback. With 2CO they manually review it 24x7(at least for us), so even outside of billing business hours we can be rest assured the chance of a chargeback is lower.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,588
    Quote Originally Posted by FTN-Kevin View Post
    Its not automatic, I have personally been told by a 2CO rep on the phone that our account has every payment manually approved and screened.

    Maybe its because we've been a customer for close to 5 years, not sure if they still do this for newer accounts or accounts with less activity.

    They provide much better fraud protection compared to PayPal. With PP, if you get a fraudulent sale outside business hours and you don't refund it on time you might get a quick chargeback. With 2CO they manually review it 24x7(at least for us), so even outside of billing business hours we can be rest assured the chance of a chargeback is lower.
    May be but its totally impossible to review each and every order manually for a such kind of big organization. I think they have automatic fraud checks measures. However, I am not sure about this matter.
    Modelwebhost.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMReseller | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept Paypal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, Payza, OKPAY and Bank payments

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg-HostsVault View Post
    I know this is an older topic, but I gotta know.

    How can I disable the paypal within 2co account? I just got my 2checkout.com account and I don't see a simple way of doing it. Am I missing something obvious?
    Are you using WHMCS?

    If so you can disable it in settings by unticking "Tick to use 2CheckOut's New Cart Checkout Routine (Includes showing PayPal Option)"
    AMS Computer | Delivering Excellence - Providing web hosting since 1996!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | cPanel/WHM | Softaculous |
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Daily Backups

    http://www.amscomputer.com |

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostinpk-CEO View Post
    May be but its totally impossible to review each and every order manually for a such kind of big organization. I think they have automatic fraud checks measures. However, I am not sure about this matter.
    Mechanical Turk :-)

    OK, not the actual Amazon MT, but it probably does not take a lot of training to have someone do fraud checks. Outsource/offshore and on a per-order basis, it may not be that expensive.

    No idea, just guessing.
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience: VPSadvice.com

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    How do you disable PayPal in 2Checkout?

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    OnTheWeb
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Funtacular View Post
    How do you disable PayPal in 2Checkout?
    If you are using WHMCS you can disable it by Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways and unchecking / disabling "Tick to use 2CheckOut's New Cart Checkout Routine (Includes showing PayPal Option)"
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by cpoalmighty View Post
    If you are using WHMCS you can disable it by Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways and unchecking / disabling "Tick to use 2CheckOut's New Cart Checkout Routine (Includes showing PayPal Option)"
    Even if I don't check it PayPal still appears as an option in the 2Checkout.

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    63
    I would recommend them, good for protection against fraud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. $50 worth Facebook ad coupons for $4 & $100 worth Adwords coupons for $8
    By priyanthafernando in forum Advertising Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 08:12 AM
  2. what's defferent between 2checkout and 2checkout v2 ?
    By constantine in forum Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 04:49 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 01:56 PM
  4. 2checkout..worth it?
    By Vox Hosting in forum Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •