hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : The Hivelocity Nightmare - Service TERMINATED for SPAM

Forum Jump

The Hivelocity Nightmare - Service TERMINATED for SPAM

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Web Hosting Master

<QUOT> Based on what I see from the OP and your own thread, they provided you with several months notice/attempts to work with you.

Regarding the "bad experience" with Hivelocity that you posted, it seems that they went above and beyond what other DC's would've done to get you your data...<sarcasm>yep, a real bad experience there</sarcasm>
</Quot>

Yes they inform me . But they did not gave me time at least 4-5 days to investigate my issue.

Fast, redundant Tire-1 Bandwidth

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXEI_M View Post
<QUOT> Based on what I see from the OP and your own thread, they provided you with several months notice/attempts to work with you.

Regarding the "bad experience" with Hivelocity that you posted, it seems that they went above and beyond what other DC's would've done to get you your data...<sarcasm>yep, a real bad experience there</sarcasm>

Yes they inform me . But they did not gave me time at least 4-5 days to investigate my issue.
If it takes you 4-5 days to resolve an issue like that, you are going to have this problem with most hosts. It should take 24 hours at most and if it took 24 hours I would probably be angry at my administration team that I'd be paying for, for taking that long. I think your review has done you more harm than good. 4-5 days is putting numerous other clients that are on the same network at risk. Let me know to never use a provider you sign up for.

Last edited by techjr; 05-01-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Good luck finding a host that will give you that much of a time frame. 24 hours seems to be the max that I normally see, and from what I see in Hivelocity's Legal documents, several areas indicate that your service can be terminated immediately in these cases (With no refund).

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Web Hosting Master

I quickly scanned the AUP and found two items that just jumped out at me regarding this post...and this is without even reading through the legal terms in the ToS or etc...

4-5 days...sorry don't think so. You should review the AUP/TOS/Master Agreement or etc before picking your next host and adhere to their rules.

http://hivelocity.net/legal/aup/
Quote:
Commercial Advertising E-mail
ANY form of spamming activity (e.g. mail spam, Usenet spam, pop-up spam, selling/buying spamware, and so on) conducted ANYWHERE on the Internet, i.e. whether through our facilities or not, will be:
Grounds for instant, permanent termination of all services with no prior warning. Grounds for seizure of all on-premises equipment and data
Grounds for forfeit of all funds paid
Will result in a demand for payment of a fine (to cover damage to our reputation)
$500/incident/spam clean-up fee, all of which is payable within 24 hours or will be referred to a collection agency
and

Quote:
Refusal of Service
We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service at our sole discretion. All Sub-Networks, distributive hosting sites and dedicated servers of Hivelocity must adhere to the above policies. Failure to follow any term or conditions will be grounds for immediate account deactivation without refund. If you have any question regarding this abuse policy please feel free to contact Hivelocity at abuse@hivelocity.net.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Web Hosting Guru

It is indeed frustrating, and a very hard situation to be coming at.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwaterdancer View Post
Hello Steve, I'm the unlucky, unfortunate owner of VPS 199.119.100.145 inside Chris' 199.119.100.142 ... is there any way to salvage my clients' files? If I can get the tarballs (you can just change the root password from the console).

I haven't got any refund either.
You're saying you were an innocent victim of the OP that was hosted on the same server as the spamming VPS and the OP hasn't provided you a refund? That's worthy of its own thread.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Temporarily Suspended

I understand how you feel op, but if you had a sysadmin he should be able to find the spammer and blocked it. either your sysadmin us not qualified enough or he dosent even know what he is a doing.

why would you even un-suspend the VPS? like other said you could had just mouted the files and look into it.

for me i would suspend the vps and terminate it, such spammers will not be allowed in my server

Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
My experience with Hivelocity. Guys please away from Hivelocity. They are terminating clients servers without any notice.

See my bad experience with Hivelocity
I didn't read all of it, but if your wife and kids are depending on one box, you've got your priorities wrong.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

/delurk

My take-away from this thread is that Hivelocity sounds like a stand-up company.

If you sign up a ROKSO spammer and don't immediately pull the plug on them when notified of such you have no one to blame but yourself.

If it takes you "4-5 days" to deal with a spamming customer? Your "admin" should probably find a new line of work.