hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : SEO / SEM Discussions : Should I submit both www and none www website url in Google?
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Should I submit both www and none www website url in Google?

Closed Thread Post New Thread In SEO / SEM  Discussions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Should I submit both www and none www website url in Google?

Hello everyone,

When submitting my site to Google in Webmaster Tools. Should submit both www and none www at the same time? My site is already automatic go to www when even when there is no www enter. Will Google think it duplicate contents and it is bad for SEO?

example.com
www.example.com

Thanks

Last edited by sirius; 04-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old
Disabled

is your website url showing on address bar with www or without www? just copy from there without 'http://' & submitted it on google webmaster.

Old
Disabled

Google takes www as a mirrow of your site by default.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

I would recommend to choose whether you want your site presented as www.yoursite.com or just yoursite.com. Then make sure you force a redirect on the one you want people to always see in the address bar.

Old
Web Hosting Master

It's very good that you redirect to www.
Yes, you can submit both versions. Choose the www. as the "preferred domain".

Old

yes submit your website with both versions and then set your 1 preferred domain in Google Webmaster Tools that you like.
if you set www version then also redirect non www version to www version by adding the 301 redirect code in .htaccess file

Old
Web Hosting Master

There is detailed info given about "www and none www" in Webmaster Tools help titled "Preferred domain (www or non-www)". So, it will more help you.

Source: http://support.google.com/webmasters...n&answer=44231

Old

Hi,

When I go to Prefered Domain setting I get this message:

Preferred domain
Not all options are available because of a Change of Address request related to this site.

When I type in my url in my brower, without the www it redirect to www. Should I still add the none www.mydomain.com example mydomain.com to Google? Will Google see it as duplicate content and bad for SEO?

What do you guy think?

Old

you should Force redirect with 301 to maximize the google rating for your site.

Old

You don't need to submit it at Webmaster Tools. Google can find it without it.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseller View Post
you should Force redirect with 301 to maximize the google rating for your site.
I think you should read OP's post properly. Redirection is already done. For OP your website is doing fine(redirect non www to WWW). no need to add both URL in Google

Old
WHT Addict

www and none www has different display of backlink, i suggest you both use them.

Old
WHT Addict

Submit your domain with www in google webmasters tool..

Old

Re:Should I submit both www and none www website url in Google?

If your website's address automatically redirects from none www to www website, this means your website is free from the canonical issue which is very good for your website. In this case you should only have to submit your site once with www and not twice.

Thanks,
<<Signature is to be set up in your profile>>

Last edited by not-even-a-mouse; 05-01-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old
Disabled

Just make changes in preffered domain after submitting your site in google webmasters tools.

Closed Thread