hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : my domain is paid but not renewed by gipnetworks.com

Forum Jump

my domain is paid but not renewed by gipnetworks.com

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

my domain is paid but not renewed by gipnetworks.com

dear all,

I have a domain which registered through gipnetworks.com/globalcon. I paid it on 25 March 2012 and success. But I checked today, that domain is not renewed by Gipnetworks/globalcon and my domain status now:

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

I contacted their billing at Created On: 25 Mar 2012 11:22 PM

but no response until now....

Are they DEAD?

For Gipnetworks / Globalcon please check my ticket: QMM-133647 and PGN-987218

thank you

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Did you call their help desk?

I would exhaust every resource to get in touch with them and then go make a case to icann

HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

Old
Web Hosting Master

Would this be a .uk domain by any chance?

I'm asking because the message that you quoted is the EXACT message that Nominet puts in the Whois when domains have been suspended.

It it's a .uk domain contact Nominet. (Don't waste your time contacting ICANN, this has got nothing to do with ICANN).

.uk domains are suspended after one month and deleted after three, so if it's a .uk domain then it's safe for another two months.

Nominet will be able to advise you on what to do.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I called them but always robot answer me.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubeca View Post
Would this be a .uk domain by any chance?

I'm asking because the message that you quoted is the EXACT message that Nominet puts in the Whois when domains have been suspended.

It it's a .uk domain contact Nominet. (Don't waste your time contacting ICANN, this has got nothing to do with ICANN).

.uk domains are suspended after one month and deleted after three, so if it's a .uk domain then it's safe for another two months.

Nominet will be able to advise you on what to do.
Hello,

yes it .co.uk. Where should I send complaint for this issue ? My ticket almost 1 month in their support system without answering. Their phone always catched by robot.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpin View Post
Hello,

yes it .co.uk. Where should I send complaint for this issue ? My ticket almost 1 month in their support system without answering. Their phone always catched by robot.
You need to contact the .uk Registry, Nominet, for advice.

If you go to the "Registrants" tab at www.nominet.org.uk you will find a contact email address and phone number.

It looks to me like your registrar may have stopped trading (leaving their web site and telephone lines abandoned). As long as your domain name is registered in your own name (rather than the registrar's) Nominet will be able to assist you to transfer it to another registrar. You will almost definitely have to pay another renewal fee with your new registrar, and there may be a small administrative fee to be payable to Nominet as well, but this should hopefully not break the bank.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Dear Lubeca,

thank you for your advice. I have sent email to Nominet about this issue. I do not have mind to pay extra renewal fee as long as they can renew that domain and I can move it later to another registrar.

Administrative contact, Billing contact and technical contact still using my name and my email.

thank you

Kalpin

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Dear Lubeca,

thank you for your advice. I have sent email to Nominet about this issue. I do not have mind to pay extra renewal fee as long as they can renew that domain and I can move it later to another registrar.
Nominet won't just renew the domain name for free.

If your registrar took the money and did not pass it on to Nominet then your only choice will be to pay another registrar and try to get back the money that you paid. Did you use a credit card? In that case you can do a chargeback. But that's for later... for now, if you want to keep your domain, you'll have to pay for it again.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Kalpin,

All our domain name registration is automated. However, we found out that the reason why the domain name did not get renewed even after you paid for 1 year in March 25th 2012 is because Nominet.net requires you to pay for 2 years.

I've investigated this issue and our billing paid for your domain name to get it renewed manually, although at the moment we only received 1 year payment from you. I see that the 2nd year invoice was created and it is still outstanding.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I'd be glad to assist you.
Thank you,

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
Kalpin,

I've investigated this issue and our billing paid for your domain name to get it renewed manually,
Thank you,
+1 for good customer service

HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Dear all,

my problem is solved. What was problem is due invoice only 1 year and I paid it. Later I ask confirmation from their billing when my domain will renew but never answer for almost 1 month.

Now, their billing contact me and issue another year for invoice and I pay it. I checked my domain and has been renew for 2 years.

Thank you Gipnetworks/Globalcon.

Regards

Kalpin

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Dear all,

my problem is solved. What was problem is due invoice only 1 year and I paid it. Later I ask confirmation from their billing when my domain will renew but never answer for almost 1 month.

Now, their billing contact me and issue another year for invoice and I pay it. I checked my domain and has been renew for 2 years.

Thank you Gipnetworks/Globalcon.

Regards

Kalpin
Kalpin,

Thank you for your latest update. Because of you, we found out the issue on your .co.uk renewal situation. Here is what happened:

On 2/19, our billing system sent out a domain name renewal invoice. Unfortunately, the domain name expired on 2/28 before you had a chance to remit the payment. Since this domain is the only item in your account, your account was marked inactive as of 3/20 until you called our billing yesterday. So, we should be the one who thank you for calling us and for working with us to get your domain name renewed in time before the redemption period. Otherwise, renewing your domain name while in the redemption period will be more costly for all of us.

Thank you,

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
. Otherwise, renewing your domain name while in the redemption period will be more costly for all of us.
This is a .uk domain.

.uk domains can be renewed for up to three months after their expiry date at no extra cost.

If your company charges any more to renew a .uk domain during the "redemption period" (in quotes, because that concept doesn't really exist for .uk domains) then all the extra money is going into your own coffers, not to the Registry.

As the process for renewing an expired .uk domain is exactly the same as the process for renewing one that hasn't expired there is absolutely no justification for charging extra.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubeca View Post
This is a .uk domain.

.uk domains can be renewed for up to three months after their expiry date at no extra cost.

If your company charges any more to renew a .uk domain during the "redemption period" (in quotes, because that concept doesn't really exist for .uk domains) then all the extra money is going into your own coffers, not to the Registry.

As the process for renewing an expired .uk domain is exactly the same as the process for renewing one that hasn't expired there is absolutely no justification for charging extra.
Lubeca,

Thank you for sharing this information. Here in the US, our registrar charges 60-150 USD to renew .com and .net domain if it is in redemption period. I am glad to hear that it is not the case with .uk domain. I hope that US domain name registrar would do the same.

As you may guess, domain name is not our strong suite since our core business is colocation and IP (with exception to Kalpin and others who have been with us before 2008 while we still actively offered domain registration and web site hosting services). We've been encouraging our old web site hosting customers to manage their own domain directly with a registrar, eliminating us as the middle man for this reason.

Best regards,