hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting Talk Tutorials : Web Hosting Tutorials : Should I pay annually for my hosting?
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Should I pay annually for my hosting?

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Web Hosting Tutorials Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Yes, I hear.

I am looking at a few options other than Blue Host. The license Blue Host offers for Free is Client Exec. I started setting it up and creating the packages and all was fine. Somehow I ended up at the Client Exec website and one of the techs told me to upgrade.

Anyway Blue might be okay for simple low band width static websites. It seems the trend these days is all of this "selling unlimited space etc."

I could honestly say I have spent a least an intensive 6 months either learning or experiencing every single thing that could go wrong with web hosting and DNS.

I am looking at three providers:

One Instance.io.com:

Cloud Servers-Custom Server server.hostpoet.com (12/02/2012 - 12/03/2012)
+ CPUs: x 2
+ RAM [MB]: x 768
+ Disk Size [GB]: x 25
+ Bandwidth: x 25
+ IP Addresses: x 4
+ OS Template: CentOS 5.6 (cPanel/WHM 64-bit) $22.06 USD

I had foolishly thought that: cPanel/WHM 64-bit was included in the package, BTW that price is the 50% off the 1st month it then goes to $44.

Or I was looking at K-disk.net which offers either 35,45, to 70 GB storage depending on if its the Alpha or Master Resellers. The thing is at the $19.99/month price you do not get the [ Client Exec or WHMCS license ] which I am rapidly understanding is the "heart" of the automated selling system.

However, I am thinking of going with Host Bill (which seems to be the "way of both the present and future" and can be had for $5.95/month.

Yet I thought I saw a requirement for Root Access with Host Bill. If that's so then maybe I need to find out who offers that in the price range I am looking at. Are the VPS offering Root Access or is this only available at the Dedicated Server level?

Any input form the people who really are up on these things is greatly appreciated.

Also can you use one Billing License to set up hosting across different severs? Like if I get this Host Bill set up lets say at K-disk or some other provider that offers root access say Linode, can I use that one license to sell simple "Word Press" hosting at Blue Host.com while selling more complex high bandwidth requirements at a different host on different IP's?

Does Host Bill (or even WHMCS) allow for that. Also I still have to deal with the domain reseller and the payment gateway.!!!

Please Advise:

Thanks!

I would rather be writing, but I still got to pay the bills, and web hosting or web site design seemed a reasonable way to go.

Sponsored Links
Old

hi,

your question make me think about this :

to pay yearly also can keep the pressure on the hoster, the guys can think "WHOW !!! this customer pay for one year !" so we have to deal with their account during 12 months.

I wonder how is to received invoice notice 3 times a month, 14 before, 5 days beore, and the D-day ? is it a good business attitude ? to have the mail box ""full"" of invoices ?

to pay annually can make the customer to trust the starting company : this guys will stay one year

cheers

Old

sorry I forget this :

FOR END-USER (customer)

how to trust a new hosting company ? who will pay for one year in a starting business? It is human to start to pay for one month

to migrate a site from a host to another is not so easy for customer with no internet skills, so even if the customer is happy (I pay for one month), is it a really freedom ?

ok I have a great idear for web site, I will launch me on the web ... but if I do not know the web (make a web site, spending times behind the computer) may be it is safe to pay one month because one year is another amount of money :+) so may be one day I wil meet the 'non virtual' gril of my life and have another like after the geek life :+)

My temporay conclusion : I would like to have the choice : one year or one month. For dedicated server I pay month / month.

Sponsored Links
Old

I would never consider buying a host yearly, it's like being stuck with there unknown problems.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settaz View Post
I would never consider buying a host yearly, it's like being stuck with there unknown problems.
True that, but maybe if you do enough research it might not be that bad thing... if its very reputable hoster.

Old

I think monthly payment is better than yearly.

Old

Simple enough it's all about trust if you gain trust after afew monthes of bussiness , then it will be up to you to pay yearly or else to save cash
ps:this is for big hosting package

Old

I would offer monthly payments.

Early payments may be cheaper and save us some money, but after all we should feel under control and if we do not like the web host anymore we will be able to transfer to another company.

Old

You can pay monthly initially

it is better to pay monthly initially but later annually after you are convinced about their service

Old
Web Hosting Master

It all depends on the product price As a client I have absolutely no problem in paying for things yearly,as long as there is some kind of profit for me,and I trust my provider.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Whenever I buy hosting I always prefer to pay monthly due to the fact that the support with treat you better because they're scared they will lose customers whereas if you pay for a year it gives them a bit of reason to slack and not worry about your tickets and whatnot.

Now as a hosting provider I actually only offer monthly payments due to my experience as a guy buying hosting. Plus it's easier when dealing with upgrades and downgrades to say the least.

I would consider buying yearly for big and reputable companies though such as HostGator because obviously they are massive and from experience they treat clients with a lot of respect.

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

I just paid for a full year at Hawk Host for my personal blog. But I know my requirements will net be changing.

Greg

Old
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil @ NodeDeploy View Post
Whenever I buy hosting I always prefer to pay monthly due to the fact that the support with treat you better because they're scared they will lose customers whereas if you pay for a year it gives them a bit of reason to slack and not worry about your tickets and whatnot.
Well we offer an anytime money back guarantee, so if a customer paid a year up front and decided they wanted a refund for unused months left on their account we would have to refund them. So it doesn't matter whether they pay monthly or yearly, we can't "slack" on any billing cycle.

Check our customer testimonials page for 100% real customer testimonials at ShopperApproved

Old

Thumbs up seo learning institute in agra

i think yes,We are launching a SEO Training Institute agra Offer Cheap and Affordable Advance SEO course with 100% Placement.

Old

I always pay month to month, a year is a long time and lots of companies will not make it that long

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Security Breaches Run Rampant at Swedish Organizations: Report Web Hosting News 2014-08-29 14:35:16
Heartbleed Exploit Could Have Enabled Massive Healthcare Security Breach: Report Web Hosting News 2014-08-20 13:57:31
Data Breaches Cost Healthcare Firms $5.6 Billion Annually: Ponemon Institute Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:34:06
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – June 21, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:02
Who Wants to be a Hosting Millionaire? with Jack Zubarev Web Hosting News 2013-02-06 20:01:39