hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Web Hosting Companies And Clients For Sale or Purchase : Estimate worth of a company

Forum Jump

Estimate worth of a company

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Companies And Clients For Sale or Purchase Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisenerl View Post
I turn over about £58,000 a month, I am happy to take offers based on you guessing and not looking at anything else...
Your net profit is probably 8-18k month

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Seriously...

Bear in mind though that providing hosting services makes up less than £25k a year of what I do

Old 04-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Web Hosting Master

We get the point.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

what's the profit?

DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Old 05-02-2012, 07:35 AM

I think net profit is much more important than turnover or sales. A company could be making 100 000 usd turnover and no profit or 50 000 profit
When i was reselling hosting my net profit was more than 50% of turnover

Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Web Hosting Master

First off, what do you mean by annual income? So many people on these forums refer to revenue as income.

If you mean net income, then I would say 1-2x that plus fair value of assets depending on the brand recognition and reputation.

If your brand is well known and you have a flawless reputation, you could do 2x without issue.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:34 AM
WHT Content Curator

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
First off, what do you mean by annual income? So many people on these forums refer to revenue as income.

If you mean net income, then I would say 1-2x that plus fair value of assets depending on the brand recognition and reputation.

If your brand is well known and you have a flawless reputation, you could do 2x without issue.
Finally, someone who doesn't read the WHMCS scripts and uses the word Income as Revenue !

Quote:
Originally Posted by winuser View Post
I think net profit is much more important than turnover or sales. A company could be making 100 000 usd turnover and no profit or 50 000 profit
When i was reselling hosting my net profit was more than 50% of turnover
In general this maybe the case. However, think of it like this. What if someone didn't get discounted pricing on leasing servers, or had lousy colo pricing and had INEFFICIENT expenses. The moral of the story is, you need to read the whole story. Is the company growing, are they profitable, what are the retention rates, how long have they been in business, brand reputation and recognition, competitors, is there an opportunity for me to make this business more efficient, more effective, and more profitable. Does this company fit into my current business model, do I have room on my infrastructure/network to take on this additional capacity and reduce operational expenses.

These are some of the key items I discuss with my clients when going through mergers or looking to buyout a company.

www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

Last edited by Techy; 05-02-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Will Host for Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by winuser View Post
I think net profit is much more important than turnover
This is t'interwebby, we dont use real-numbers or acceptable accounting methods to determine value, e use last week's lottery numbers multiplied by a random phone number

UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Old 05-02-2012, 09:51 AM
WHT Content Curator

Quote:
Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
This is t'interwebby, we dont use real-numbers or acceptable accounting methods to determine value, e use last week's lottery numbers multiplied by a random phone number
Which lottery? That'd be quite a number

www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks