hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Hostgator || Eleven2???

Forum Jump

Hostgator || Eleven2???

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Temporarily Suspended

I've tried them both, personally I would suggest HostGator.

Sponsored Links
Old
Seriously...

I have not tried either however from what I have seen Hostgator is your best bet, their pricing against resource given what they offer in extras seems sensible.

All I can see with Eleven 2 given their pricing against resource and extras is massive overselling. Their plans are of a size that attracts the type of person that is going to oversell and what you are going to find as many people seem to be commenting on is slow running hardware.

Just my 2c

Old

I have been with hostgator for about 5 years now. I really like them and would recommend them. They offer excellent support no matter what time a day.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

I would say Hostgator. They have been around for a long time and are still able to react quickly to any situation. Reliability is a huge thing with hosting.

Old

Angry BEWARE OF ELEVEN2.

BEWARE OF ELEVEN2.
I'm on the R-200 reseller program 3 months now, and it's a nightmare. If you want I can show you the tickets I've submitted. I have stopped dealing with these guys for a few days now. They oversell and the UK server I'm on is overloaded.
Currently I have the alertra plan constantly checking on one domain, I'll show the results at the end of the month, so people know what a ripoff eleven2 is.

Save your money, you'll regret it as I did. I'm currently searching for someone else, europe based.

Old
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by macns View Post
BEWARE OF ELEVEN2.
I'm on the R-200 reseller program 3 months now, and it's a nightmare. If you want I can show you the tickets I've submitted. I have stopped dealing with these guys for a few days now. They oversell and the UK server I'm on is overloaded.
Currently I have the alertra plan constantly checking on one domain, I'll show the results at the end of the month, so people know what a ripoff eleven2 is.

Save your money, you'll regret it as I did. I'm currently searching for someone else, europe based.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Can you please e-mail me your ticket id or domain to rodney@eleven2.com - we have not been having any issues with such, so I am quite shocked to hear of that. Our firewall does cause false-positives with most monitoring services as they slam our servers, so I would never take that as a indicator to much.

If you can please contact me, I will gladly get things sorted out for you right away.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven2 Hosting View Post
Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Can you please e-mail me your ticket id or domain to rodney@eleven2.com - we have not been having any issues with such, so I am quite shocked to hear of that. Our firewall does cause false-positives with most monitoring services as they slam our servers, so I would never take that as a indicator to much.

If you can please contact me, I will gladly get things sorted out for you right away.
Ticket ID: 287801

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I agree with the slowness and load with eleven2, still they are good on the setup. Cloudlinux, R1Soft, Cloudfare and overselling allowed would definitely eat the gator!!

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusone View Post
I agree with the slowness and load with eleven2, still they are good on the setup. Cloudlinux, R1Soft, Cloudfare and overselling allowed would definitely eat the gator!!
There is another thread with similar comments

Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing slowness with Eleven2 after all, though I was accused by the Eleven2 staff that my clients were overloading the server (merely just one of them with less than 2gb/month traffic) .. yet the managing director (or whatever) said I was the only one to report such an issue!

Rodney on the other hand, was the only one to actually look at the server, still he didn't solve my problem. To my experience server is still overloaded, though it seems the offline-ness issue has been addressed.
But that's not enough for an eshop, is it. A loading time of ~10 seconds for a page that normally loads in 0,05 is not acceptable.

Having moved to another provider for a similar reseller plan, I'd say my issue is fixed -for now- hope it lasts, or else I will have to move to a vps :/

Old

Problems

Hi, we are on the R-100 reseller program last 15 days, and it's a nightmare! We have problems with loading websites and startup surfing it's about 15sec, next problem is "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL." Last two days we have this problem! We were on Hostgator for 3 years, all was rock stable, we decide to came on Eleven2 becouse thay have good recommendation here on this forum and thay are also from Europe, ping is about 50ms, hostgator is 150ms from us. Test time of 10 days on 3 accounts was ok but after we transported 30 accouns server is overloaded or someting like that. Sorry for my english but i must say this is not my recommendation. Hostgator is ok. We will test this 5 more days and make final decision.
Support: Ticket #893590

all best

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

I am using Hotgator for about 5 months now and am very very satisfied with them. My sites are opening fast and their support is also very good.

I have heard good things about Eleven2 as well but never used them.

If you ask me I would say give Hostgator a try first.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I have been with Hostgator for two years and can't complaint. Fast, super fast support. Great service.
I also had Eleven2 and didn't went well, I ended closing the account. But I have read many positive reviews from E2. I follow their blog and it seems the problem I had was something unusual.
I would recommend both.
Hostgator reseller plan doesn't allow overselling, that will kill you when starting your business and rise costs.

Old
Disabled

Anyone having speed issues, can you please e-mail me your ticket id. I would love to personally look into your issues. We actually just installed Litespeed on all servers, and we are getting reports of how much faster things are, not how slow things are, so it is quite odd to hear that.

THe ones having slowness issues are ones with tons of addon domains on a single shared account.

Old

I would choose eleven2 after witnessing how hostgator dealt with one of my clients

Old

I definitely suggest HostGator as the go to company for reseller packages as they provide great support.