hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting Talk Tutorials : Web Design and Content Tutorials : PHP is Awesome, and Smart
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

PHP is Awesome, and Smart

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Web Design and Content Tutorials Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

PHP is great! Also I recommend Ruby on Rails.

Sponsored Links
Old

In fact PHP's development is focused on server-side scripting, you can play with it a lot.

Old
Temporarily Suspended

PHP change the world as it is open source and available with free of cost. PHP is easy to learn fast and flexibile in use.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

It's one of the more common languages because of it's power -- that is not to be argued. Though I do believe that developers interested in the long haul of the industry must familiarize themselves with other languages and frameworks as well (such as .NET).

At some point in your career as a web developer, you will be asked to program in something other than PHP. Being an asset includes the ability to adapt to different situations well. As a result, it is strongly recommended that web developers not limit themselves to a single language but rather open themselves to constantly learning new things and discovering the power in knowing all of the options. :-)

Old
Disabled

We moved away from PHP some time ago and only use a couple things in PHP. These days it is all about ColdFusion (CFML) - If you like PHP and want to learn a second language would highly recommend ColdFusion!

Old

PHP is a great place to start programming. Yes, it's awesome.

Old
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapinder View Post
PHP is a great place to start programming.
Actually, if you want a really great place to start programming, look at C. It's pretty much adaptable, and once you get a grasp of C, you should be able to easily understand php, etc.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
Actually, if you want a really great place to start programming, look at C. It's pretty much adaptable, and once you get a grasp of C, you should be able to easily understand php, etc.
C is much harder to learn in my opinion.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I love PHP, though I find most jobs I get are done in ASP.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

yes it is true. php is nice to work with it as it is open source so there is no need of license too.

Old

PHP is a nice language to learn, and rather popular.

Closed Thread