hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : M6.net Experiences

Forum Jump

M6.net Experiences

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 AM

M6.net Experiences

I have used this site a lot to research prospective hosts over the years. I thought I'd feedback some recent experiences of M6.net. I have been with them for 14 months on their Flex plan. The first year went reasonably well given the low cost. The Parallels Plesk panel was slow and I often had to leave things running and do something else while the panel did its thing. Support was average. Things got fixed but in the order of days rather than hours. I put up with these things as it worked for my low-use Windows sites (I have my high-use sites on Linux dedicated server at iWeb - who I do recommend).

This February, M6 decided to migrate to a new server and WebSitePanel. To cut a long story short, the move was a disaster for me. I had some very strange problems with www. not working (despite dns being there for it), stats didn't work on all sites and email addresses had to be set up by hand by their support staff. I spent two weeks too-ing and fro-ing with their support staff asking them to get the stats working, them saying they were fixed when they weren't until I eventually gave up and moved to another provider.

Simon

Last edited by surerange; 03-05-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Quality Guaranteed..

Sorry to hear about your experience. Migrations/moves are always tricky and needs lot of planning to be done (along with testing in lab environment) before you start touching production servers for it. There are always going to be few issues with migrations but these issues should be caught at testing stage with workarounds ready. In any event, I wish you get these issues sorted out soon.

Good luck!

KVM Linux VPS Enterprise SSD Windows VPS (With More RAM) IaaS Cloud VM's Dedicated Server Specials

Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Junior Guru

Sorry to hear about your disastrous ordeal with M6. If you are looking for a quality Windows host, look no further than the post above mine (SoftSys Hosting). I don't know if you are looking for shared, vps or dedicated, but I can vouch for the Self-Managed (Economy) VPS at both their data centers. I don't think I have any unscheduled downtime in the past 2 months. Keep us updated on who you do decide to go with, it's always nice to know of other quality Windows hosts as there seem to be so few.

Christi

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerange View Post
This February, M6 decided to migrate to a new server and WebSitePanel. To cut a long story short, the move was a disaster for me. I had some very strange problems with www. not working (despite dns being there for it), stats didn't work on all sites and email addresses had to be set up by hand by their support staff.
Email address problem is bad.
From provider point of view, i would spend all efforts to get it fixed rather than creating emails for customers.
I'm not sure which mail server M6 uses ... WebsitePanel and SmarterMail work very well together.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 AM

It's a pity to hear about that.
Hope the new company will be better for you.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Sorry to hear about your troubles. WebSitePanel is a great panel in some respects but it's still super goofy to me. The whole "spaces" thing just doesn't fit right. Then again we build our own control panel software and maintaining software is just a pain. I thought M6 build their own too. Perhaps they did prior to this migration.

Instantly deploy and scale your your apps with no code changes.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

According to their website they are still using Plesk.
I have always felt Plesk slow.