Thread: VPS server

VPS server

I need VPS server for tube site must cheap at start but with option to grow up in near future.
    I will need lot of hard disk space something about 200GB
    apache + lighttpd and support for codecs installation
    control panel also my monthly budget is about $100

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by bear; 02-22-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Are you looking for managed vps server?

http://volumedrive.com/

You can get a 8Gb Dedicated Server for your budget.

<<snipped>>

Your budget seems good, do you need manage or unmanaged and what type of control panel?
    Last edited by bear; 02-22-2012 at 08:23 AM.

I like Cpanel but can be direct admin
    I use cpanel only to create Mysql DB add domains etc so no special thing is needed after server configuration. I need managed server cause i'm poor in codecs installation server upgrades etc

For $100 go with dedicated. You can find pretty decent dedicated server for your budget which will do the job you need far more better than any VPS.
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

Quote Originally Posted by MartinYa View Post
    I need VPS server for tube site must cheap at start but with option to grow up in near future.
    I will need lot of hard disk space something about 200GB
    apache + lighttpd and support for codecs installation
    control panel also my monthly budget is about $100

<<snipped>>
    With this kind of specifications you're really looking for an awful lot of storage space. I would also recommend that you use a dedicated server.
    ByteHouse UK Web Hosting

UK VPS Hosting | UK Dedicated Hosting | UK Managed Hosting | UK Online Backup

If you want to manage server then I would recommend you please choose live chat support 24x7 it's better for your future

If you are only going to stream videos and not convert them then you may be able to get away with a VPS. If you allow users to upload videos and expect conversion process to take place on the VPS, then I am sure you'll find most VPS providers not able to cater for you.

Video encoding hammers the CPU and hard disks of the host machine which in most cases are shared, therefore affecting other clients. Time to look for a dedicated server then.
    ★Owner of Corgi Tech Limited
    Unmanaged VPS with 99.9% SLA - Windows or Linux

I would look into low-cost budget dedicated servers.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I have base around 300GB videos right now so low cost budget its not good idea cause most of them offer only small hard disk space, second thing i want to move my sites only one time i don't wont try new host and get something slow and not working with poor support. and dedicated servers on hostings company i know are too expensive for me. If you know any good dedicated server with 200-300GB hard disk space for $100 that i can try please tell me.. Thanks

I have base around 300GB videos right now so low cost budget its not good idea cause most of them offer only small hard disk space, second thing i want to move my sites only one time i don't wont try new host and get something slow and not working with poor support. and dedicated servers on hostings company i know are too expensive for me. If you know any good dedicated server with 200-300GB hard disk space for $100 that i can try please tell me.. Thanks
    What are your bandwidth and location requirements?

I will US or EU location bandwith this site is new so none of bandwidth will needed for start only for few users downloading/streaming video per hour and for fast uploading by me and my affiliate sponsors about 5-10 videos per hour. all videos are max 100mb and 3min

I will US or EU location bandwith this site is new so none of bandwidth will needed for start only for few users downloading/streaming video per hour and for fast uploading by me and my affiliate sponsors about 5-10 videos per hour. all videos are max 100mb and 3min
    You should be able to find quite a few companies in the offers section on the forums that will meet your server needs.

low cost budget its not good idea
    ...for $100
    $100 = low cost / budget.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||