hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : Experience with AlienVPS

Forum Jump

Experience with AlienVPS

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thumbs down

Experience with AlienVPS

My Experience with AlienVPS

I buy Vm form them 4 day ago . I pay it I recieve Welcome Email and Get VM Okay Let go to install Kloxo

but My VM can't boot it I try to re-install Os and Boot it many time But it show "Ofline"

I summit ticket and wait to respond He reponded

Quote:
Hello Komdej,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, your issue is being forwarded to our higher department. Please holdon.
hold on Ummmm Hold on

Now It can't boot and offline

I need to refund to me or follow the step....

first delete my broken vps (199.167.195.XX)

second please re assight ip or gen new ip to new vps

Third put centos 5 32 bit and start it again

Thank

(Sorry for Bad English)

Sponsored Links
Old
Managed VPS Experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanut007 View Post
My Experience with AlienVPS

I buy Vm form them 4 day ago . I pay it I recieve Welcome Email and Get VM Okay Let go to install Kloxo

but My VM can't boot it I try to re-install Os and Boot it many time But it show "Ofline"

I summit ticket and wait to respond He reponded

hold on Ummmm Hold on

Now It can't boot and offline

I need to refund to me or follow the step....

first delete my broken vps (199.167.195.XX)

second please re assight ip or gen new ip to new vps

Third put centos 5 32 bit and start it again

Thank

(Sorry for Bad English)
I have been seeing a lot of these bad reviews lately on alienvps. If you want a refund, it's best to contact them directly regarding this.

They also have an account here on WHT, so maybe you can PM them. I hope you get everything sorted out.

- Daniel

█ DATA Migrations Included | 24/7 Certified Support |INSTANT SETUP | Gigabit Connections | Paypal, Skrill, 2Checkout, Authorize.net Accepted

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Have you written this to their support?
Also, downtime happens.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Yes I summit Ticket on 9-01-2012

This Score
Support -100/10
Network , Server 8/10
Landing Page 8/10

Old

mmm bad service

Old

Hi,
This is my first time posting on this forum. I'm really sad its such a negative post.

Stay far FAR away from these guys, I asked them for an upgrade to WARP 4 from WARP 3 on my VPS. TERRIBLE SERVICE, that is to say no service at all. I put in a ticket to upgrade my VPS almost 5 days ago. Still haven't seen a response, I put an additional ticket in and sent them an email. Even marked the second ticket as high priority. Stay away from them, if they don't even want to upgrade my package, how will they want to provide any service? The new package is quite bit more expensive.

If you want to pm me, I'll give you a screenshot of the tickets, since I am new I can't post links

Edit: I must also say, that I am close to done with these people. Am going to attempt a chargeback in a few days I expect, as I am not getting the service they promised.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

For the record, I have had two $19/year nodes with AlienVPS for eight months or so now, and have been happy with their service. I'm not getting 100% uptime, but I've been getting at least 99% uptime from both nodes.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Other than randomly reboot my VPS at least once a day, and sluggish SSH responses... no other complaints. Works great as a DEV platform.

Old

I haven't even gotten ANYTHING from them. I wonder if its because I choose one of their plan specials? Even then, this is unacceptable . I'm trying to host a website here, among other things.

Quote:
vktj For the record, I have had two $19/year nodes with AlienVPS for eight months or so now, and have been happy with their service. I'm not getting 100% uptime, but I've been getting at least 99% uptime from both nodes.
How did you get in contact with them? I've tried 2 tickets, and an email.

Edit: I'd really like to keep using them, as I LOVE their prices. Bulldozer cpu is nice with 6 cores.

Last edited by steelreign56; 02-20-2012 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Addition
Old

Just an update guys.

Still no response. 2 of my 4 tickets got closed. They are just ignoring me. I filed a paypal dispute, and have canceled the recurring subscription.

Wish me luck.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 8650752) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/alien/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 466
(http://alienvps.com/)

This is nice... can't even open a support ticket.

Old
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad3datwork View Post
(http://alienvps.com/)

This is nice... can't even open a support ticket.
What a nightmare. There are some hosts one shouldn't touch with a barge pole. This is one of them!

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by investorz View Post
What a nightmare. There are some hosts one shouldn't touch with a barge pole. This is one of them!
they might be running into some issues, we should hold and see some updates from them.

may be due to volume of high tickets they have done this, but it should be not like this, I hope they can get this solved

===============================================

Old

Awesome. It's still down.

Seriously guys, STAY AWAY. Their prices are awesome, but support is non existant.

Also, my installation somehow reverted to a backup or something, as apache website is now the main site which I had it redirecting to for awhile.

I am looking for a new VPS, need lots of ram like 2-3gb, and 2-3 cores would be nice as well. Bandwidth over 1tb, or >=10mbps uplink. Any suggestions would be nice. I'd like it to be unmanaged so its cheaper.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreign56 View Post
Awesome. It's still down.

Seriously guys, STAY AWAY. Their prices are awesome, but support is non existant.

Also, my installation somehow reverted to a backup or something, as apache website is now the main site which I had it redirecting to for awhile.

I am looking for a new VPS, need lots of ram like 2-3gb, and 2-3 cores would be nice as well. Bandwidth over 1tb, or >=10mbps uplink. Any suggestions would be nice. I'd like it to be unmanaged so its cheaper.
Support is very necessary things for all kind of hosting, even in unmanaged also.

===============================================