hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Netflix or LoveFilm?

Forum Jump

Netflix or LoveFilm?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Temporarily Suspended

I haven't signed up to any of Netflix or Lovefilm services but I rea somewhere about a disute between Universal Pictures and LoveFilm so content post-2009 will not be at LoveFilm's libary.

The dispute has been on-going since 2009 so I don't assume it will be solved soon.

Sponsored Links
Old
Marketing Guru

But on the otherside Treznax, Netflix recently had a $9m settlement to pay because of a dispute.

Old
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
But on the otherside Treznax, Netflix recently had a $9m settlement to pay because of a dispute.
I don't see what that has to do with anything - The $9mil settlement was about NetFlix keeping a log of what users watched 2 years after they left NetFlix.

Nothing relating to being unable to stream the awesomeness of Uni Pics or another major film distributor

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

I'm a fan of Hulu Plus personally. The only downside to the service is that on top of the monthly fee, there's forced advertising, which is slightly annoying (even when you click NO it's not relevant, they'll still show it to you).

I used Netflix for almost 2 years before cancelling the service. For older & b-rated movies, they're great, though it takes ages for them to get anything that I would really consider to be "new" and worth watching.

I rarely have time to sit and watch a full movie and when I do, I'd rather go to the theater 1-2 times a month and spend a bit more to watch exactly what I want rather than pay less and find nothing to watch.

Old
Premium Member

Netflix interface/design is much better than LoveFilm's one. I think I'd choose Netflix for the interface/design alone.

Add your Web Hosting Provider to the Web Hosting Directory

Old
Technical Nutcase

Gota toss in Hulu +

I am stopping my Netflix Account as we speak because of the lack of Linux Support. They are using Silverlight for streaming, which has to be one of the worst applications ever. They really need to modernize and move to something like HTML5 Video, WebM or even Flash.

Old
WHT Addict

I never used LF before, but thanks to Netflix i no longer have a cable bill.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Netflix. No doubt about it!

@LoganLimestone - Dedicated Server - 877.586.0555 x 135

Old
Web Hosting Master

I've trialled both Netflix and LoveFilm on the Xbox 360 and prefer Netflix. The quality is a lot better and there are never any streaming issues.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I opened an account with lovefilm to watch a film which they didn't have but seen it advertised online as if they had. Then I cancelled and noticed they were still taking money from my account 2 months later. Went to my Bank who said it happened a lot. I had to cancel my card and order a new one.

Old

I'm from UK and have used both, I found Netflix more appealing had a better variety.

One thing I Realy liked about love film tho was the rental of xbox360 games if your into a
Getting achievements.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Netflix for me i'm afraid. I've tried LoveFilm but they charge you for mot of the newer films.

- Ashton

FuseWeb.co.uk Or follow us on Twitter

Old

Netflix for me

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Netflix here. Best for TV series agreed.

Since JSCL, is from the UK, one of the funniest shows I have seen on Netflix is The IT Crowd. Highly recommend that show funny as hell.

- LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM - A+ BBB Rating

Old
Marketing Guru

Still with Netflix. Found the better film choices and I'm in love with Fawlty Towers (which a relative is one the main chars), Spooks, Keeping Up Appearances etc - finding Netflix to be the best for me now