hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : SEO / SEM Discussions : Question about directory submission
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Question about directory submission

Closed Thread Post New Thread In SEO / SEM  Discussions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Question about directory submission

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to see how paying for directory submission works and what it would do for me. I didn't spend a lot I spent $35.00 on 300 subs.

I received the report about a weeks ago and today looked on my webmasters page and didn't see any additional links to my site. They should show up there right? After the company submits them how long are those links there for? Basically I can't seem to find any of these links.

Stupid question.... Directory subs help with serps right?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Addict

Directory Submissions can take a few months to start populating. If you did this 2 weeks ago, it may be a while before you see any residual traffic.

Old
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakvala View Post
Directory Submissions can take a few months to start populating. If you did this 2 weeks ago, it may be a while before you see any residual traffic.
As said there's no set time-scale for real results, your submissions need to get into the growing crawler cycle. At the same time though there's no actual guarantee these will have a positive effect, but you can't expect miracles for $35.00.

If these are manual, well written, well placed subs then you'll be okay, but if they're automatic or being spammed then you'll see little or no ranking improvement, possibly even de-ranking. In all honesty I can't imagine $0.11 per sub producing anything spectacular but I couldn't say without knowing who is doing the work for you.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Directory submission helps in serp if it is done properly and in right direction. It should be submitted in right category with useful title, keywords, tags and the most important description. Some directories take time to approve submission. We also should check that where we are submitting our site that page is cached by search engine or not.

Old

Directory Submissions generate the needed traffic only if you submit your sites to relevant and high PR directories.Also it takes quite a long time to start working on the SERP's, but you can get good results in the end.

Old

Very good thread for SEO beginners. I would like to highlight - never use auto submission services because your website may appear in directories with no PR and lots of trash links, it won't get you any benefits. Submit your website manually and choose proper directories and proper categories in these directories. Here is my list of free good directories (submission approve can take several months).
dmoz.org
rdirectory.net
seo-index.com/
tekguide.net
freeprwebdirectory.com
theseoking.com
ukinternetdirectory.net
littlewebdirectory.com
worldwidewub.org
allbusinessdirectory.biz
a1webdirectory.org
a-p-e-x.org/
abigdir.com

Last edited by altteam; 02-14-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I submited my links to most of these directories with reciprocial,and after more than month and half - nothing...

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanCg View Post
I submited my links to most of these directories with reciprocial,and after more than month and half - nothing...
If your link hasn't appeared in the directories, I would suggest you delete their links on your site because they are benefiting right now and you are not. If they do ever get round to reviewing your submission and approve it, they will look for their link and when they can't find it will probably email you.

Old
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE View Post
A couple of weeks ago I wanted to see how paying for directory submission works and what it would do for me. I didn't spend a lot I spent $35.00 on 300 subs.

I received the report about a weeks ago and today looked on my webmasters page and didn't see any additional links to my site. They should show up there right? After the company submits them how long are those links there for? Basically I can't seem to find any of these links.

Stupid question.... Directory subs help with serps right?

Thanks
How are you checking your links ?? i mean o say what tool are you using ??

Old
Disabled

Directory submission is a slow process, results can be good but they are shown after a time period, secondly 300 submission are nothing it will be good if you do 3000.Definately it will make you good on SERPs.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by weblinkindia View Post
Directory submission is a slow process, results can be good but they are shown after a time period, secondly 300 submission are nothing it will be good if you do 3000.Definately it will make you good on SERPs.
I don't believe there are 3000 directories worth being in.

Old
WHT Addict

Top 25 would be a great list to create for this forum section and sticky.

Thanks Altteam for that list you have

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorola4gatrix View Post
How are you checking your links ?? i mean o say what tool are you using ??
You can see them using google webmaster tools.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Directory submission provides one way good back link. Some directories take so many time to provide approval because lots of links are in queue for review quality of links.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Directories take time to get approved (approx 3-4 months). You will start seeing links from there in few months. IMHO they are not worth paying. IF you website is new, you should submit it on few good directories such as dmoz and forget about DS.

Closed Thread