hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Can you suggest the best reseller hosting?

Forum Jump

Can you suggest the best reseller hosting?

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleb View Post
I've a EZPZ client for one year, they are one of the best !
+1 from me too...

Sponsored Links
Old

Best is relative, you may start googling what you need. If you have found the provider then googling again with keywords something like "review yourprovider" or "reputation yourprovider".

More safe if you have a low bujet vps too for backup your client manually by Secure Copy (SCP) if using cPanel, so if there's a problem with the provider at least you have backup your client's files and not make them dissapointed

* Sorry for my bad english

Old

Liquidweb- I've been with them for 5-7 years, a long time.
Godaddy- never, servers are too slow. As a web developer, I know first hand from dealing with customers who host there. ( I do however use their domain services.)
Bluehost, hostgator- I tried these but they did not offer the same level of control. Too long ago to remember the issues, but might be related to .htaccess.
CrystalTech- if this fits your need, they were always good for me, but has changed hands a few times through acquisitions.

Liquidweb- full access to everything you need to manage clients on a server. Includes fantastico. Support- I do need them occasionally and they are always responsive. I can get a tech guy in the US on the phone; I mostly use the online support ticket now. I've had almost 0 downtime over the years. Stability is critical and they have delivered.

Christine
<<removed>>

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Host Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libxb View Post
Google it Bro
Google will mostly just return a list of affiliate-sponsored junk sites.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

I can tell you that HostGator has a no overselling policy that they will not budge on. Quite hypocritical seeing how they do it themselves.

I do know that the HostGator people back a long time ago when I had some sites with them were able to answer questions and fix problems unlike many reseller companies. You talk to many of them and the only thing they know how to say is submit a ticket.

R1Soft Backups * Softaculous * RVSiteBuilder * End User Support

Old
Location = SoapBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
Its interesting. Of all the responses, none of them mentioned potential income.
What I found interesting was 3 pages of comments and recommendations, and no one asked the original poster what their actual requirements are. If they are selling .NET based solutions for example, 99% of the recommendations so far are useless. heck, even if everyone guessed right and the original poster is looking for a linux reseller hosting solution, how about if they also want to resell windows solutions, or MS Exchange or VPS servers - then none of the recommendations really apply.

Quote:
Its actually narrow-minded to look just at shared hosting. Much of my income comes from email.

As far as the other part it really doesn't matter to me. I can have everything on autopilot. I will be collecting the money until I am dead and I won't even have to know who signed up today. Even if I could sell my customers and resellers there would be no reason to. If I want to get out of the business I just stop working and continue to collect the monthly profits (I receive money from my reseller's customers too)

It is what you make of it, but business-wise, it can't be compared to running a cpanel server or reseller account.
well, the "narrow-minded" perspective could go both ways here. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing with Godaddy - obviously there is a market for it. but, being an affiliate is completely different then running your own business. if the affiliate model works for you, fantastic - but, a lot of businesses will serve markets godaddy simply cannot. we consider them a feeding system for our business - so, when their customers grow up (what I mean is as their online businesses mature), they look for providers like us. When you are an affiliate, you are at the mercy of the affiliate provider for vision, direction, etc.. and if you ever decide you want to go in a different direction, sure, you can leave your clients there and collect a depreciating return - but, essentially, you would need to start all over again with your own business and vision. Again though, not everyone has such aspirations and an affiliate model, where there is no responsibility required and commissions just flow in - is a better model.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinlock View Post
I'm more then happy with 123systems, there servers are fast, and haven't had any downtime since I signed up.
Isn't your site shut down due to server issues?

Old
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post

well, the "narrow-minded" perspective could go both ways here. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing with Godaddy - obviously there is a market for it. but, being an affiliate is completely different then running your own business. if the affiliate model works for you, fantastic - but, a lot of businesses will serve markets godaddy simply cannot. we consider them a feeding system for our business - so, when their customers grow up (what I mean is as their online businesses mature), they look for providers like us. When you are an affiliate, you are at the mercy of the affiliate provider for vision, direction, etc.. and if you ever decide you want to go in a different direction, sure, you can leave your clients there and collect a depreciating return - but, essentially, you would need to start all over again with your own business and vision. Again though, not everyone has such aspirations and an affiliate model, where there is no responsibility required and commissions just flow in - is a better model.
But I do other things too (MSP). This is just for a particular market segment and for particular products for another. I've already been down the web hosting road with my own servers and making full time living at it. Started as a reseller. I could do it again if I wanted to and move all my Godaddy customers onto my severs -- I just went the other direction a couple years ago so forget that haha

I don't think a reseller startup can do well these days or in future. They will need a suite of services, or thousands of customers.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

I do know that I recall someone posting a while back about being a Godaddy reseller and being forbidden from selling the business to anyone because of their TOS.

That is just unreal. I can't understand one bit why they would care about you selling your business to someone else so long as that other person obeyed all the TOS regulations.

If you look at TurnkeyInternet they are focusing on selling solutions rather than just selling the hosting.

Old
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutabovehost View Post
I do know that I recall someone posting a while back about being a Godaddy reseller and being forbidden from selling the business to anyone because of their TOS.

That is just unreal. I can't understand one bit why they would care about you selling your business to someone else so long as that other person obeyed all the TOS regulations.

If you look at TurnkeyInternet they are focusing on selling solutions rather than just selling the hosting.
I don't recall that. I'll check into it. There is nothing they can do to determine you have done so -- I guess as long as your name stay on the account. If I sold my business, of which my GD reselling is only a part, I don't know what they could do.

Old
Disabled

Quote:

That is just unreal. I can't understand one bit why they would care about you selling your business to someone else so long as that other person obeyed all the TOS regulations. .
Here is a link to the GD Reseller TOS:

http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/sh...id=RESELLER_SA

I couldn't find anything about what you are claiming. Please review -- maybe I missed it?

Old
Web Host Reviewer

Quote:
I recall someone posting a while back about being a Godaddy reseller and being forbidden from selling the business to anyone because of their TOS.
Yes, this is completely accurate.

Furthermore, that topic revealed that Godaddy resellers are not even remotely close to being real hosts. They're just a sit-on-butt / collect commission, type of "reseller". The support is provided by Godaddy, and the whole operation runs on autopilot. But because of this, the "customers" of the reseller are technically Godaddy's customers -- NOT YOURS! So if you want to leave, tough. You'll go empty handed.

To quickly swipe some text from a "review" from another site, proclaiming why Godaddy is super-duper awesome...

Quote:
They Provide the Website & Marketing Tools
As you set all of the pricing, you can also customize the look and feel of your storefront. Yeah, they do it all. You don't have to build your own website. When you want to go live, you just go live. Plus they have a full set of marketing tools available to you: Canned press releases, newsletter templates, affiliate management, e-mail blasts, etc.

They do ALL of the Backend Work
You don't need credit card processing, you don't need technical support... nothing. GoDaddy does EVERYTHING as part of the service. The phone number on your site rings to them (unless you want to handle it yourself), and the support e-mails go to them, but you still get your commission.
So a Godaddy reseller "host" is no better than the owners of those spammy fake "top 10" blogs that only show hosts with really high payouts.

Godaddy "reseller hosting" is just an affiliate program.

So I prefer to call it what it is: a lie.

Quote:
maybe I missed it?
Based on your comments in various recent posts, you've missed a lot of things.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
It was this thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1072216

My honeypot caught a harvester, can yours?

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDeq View Post
Thanks, I remember reading that thread a while back just couldn't remember when so as to find it again.

That is exactly the thread I recall reading. I remember feeling so sad for the person. They were talking about not being able to use the money from the sale to be a down payment on a house.

WOW kpmedia I didn't know how the operation ran. I just knew it was bad news by reading that thread mentioned.

It really does sound like a spamvertisement venture reading your description of it.

I guess all this is to be expected from a company that would stand for and not against SOPA/PIPA.

Old
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
Yes, this is completely accurate.

Furthermore, that topic revealed that Godaddy resellers are not even remotely close to being real hosts. They're just a sit-on-butt / collect commission, type of "reseller". The support is provided by Godaddy, and the whole operation runs on autopilot. But because of this, the "customers" of the reseller are technically Godaddy's customers -- NOT YOURS! So if you want to leave, tough. You'll go empty handed.
You are a uninformed. I just migrated a company with 15 mailboxes to exchange with godaddy. Guess who did the migration? Guess who set up Outlook for the users and charged addditional for that?

A lot of the recipients of your recommendations are sorry now after their host "left." If a hands-off godaddy reseller walks away from the biz the customer is not affected.

Quote:
Based on your comments in various recent posts, you've missed a lot of things.
Then provide the section the of the TOS where you said the OP's claikm is completely accurate.

kp is referring to my post above:

Quote:
Here is a link to the GD Reseller TOS:

http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/sh...id=RESELLER_SA

I couldn't find anything about what you are claiming. Please review -- maybe I missed it?
Why won't you produce the evidence, then. I did an honest search for it believing the OP and couldn't find it.

Stop turning your fear into hatred and FUD

The more evidence that turns up the more you hate -- there is nothing left for you to do

Last edited by Collabora; 02-12-2012 at 10:27 AM.