Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by backtogeek View Post
    Lost me there buddy drop me an email, if your talking about the solusvm replacement, not yet but it is on the cards.
    Yes thats what i was talking about, i thought when you said above the problems for you had been resolved that you had made the switch so i just wanted to see how it went
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Could you guys confirm there are no issues on openvz? We are thinking about control panel change and Solus is on the top of our list.
    Marcin Krupinski
    HOSTINEURO
    Fast,reliable VPS and Dedicated Servers in Europe (Germany / Netherlands)
    Red Hat Certified Engineer(RHCE)

Quote Originally Posted by hostineuro View Post
    Could you guys confirm there are no issues on openvz? We are thinking about control panel change and Solus is on the top of our list.
    There don't seem to be any reported issues with the bandwidth limiting feature on OpenVZ using Soluslabs implementation of TC.

However I am also yet to see an OpenVZ host say:

I am on:
    OpenVZ
    CentosOS 5
    2.6.18 kernel
    gbit port
    have packages restricted to 10mbit

so it is impossible to say for sure.

My advice, keep looking or wait for version 2.x to come out later this year.
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU

@Fizzadar: OpenVZ or XEN or KVM, if XEN is it XEN PV or XEN HVM?

What is the link speed on the node and what are you restricting too?
    OVZ, node is on a gbit port, when we place a limit on a VM it's generally between 1-30mbit (depending on the package), they generally tend to be pushing their limit 24/7, and (so far) Solus has been handling it without issue (it's not a perfect x-mbit limit, but is mostly within the limit).

Our non-Backup OpenVZ nodes have TC enabled but having it enabled will cut your network speed drastically on the node. We had a 2Gbps connection but changed that quickly after finding SolusVM's error in 1.8.02. Here are our test results with a 1Gbps internal connection:

OpenVZ node with TC disabled:
    2012-01-25 05:55:30 (104 MB/s) - `100MB.zip' saved [104857600/104857600]

OpenVZ node with TC enabled:
    2012-01-25 05:56:28 (24.3 MB/s) - `100MB.zip' saved [104857600/104857600]

OpenVZ VPS with TC set to "No Limit":
    2012-01-25 14:57:20 (8.08 MB/s) - `100MB.zip' saved [104857600/104857600]

OpenVZ VPS with TC set to 100Mbps:
    2012-01-25 14:58:05 (13.4 MB/s) - `100MB.zip' saved [104857600/104857600]

(Disregard the time difference, the test VPS is not set for the correct time zone.)

I was going to run tests at 10Mbps and 1Mbps but both were taking to long.
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ZKuJoe View Post
    Our non-Backup OpenVZ nodes have TC enabled but having it enabled will cut your network speed drastically on the node. We had a 2Gbps connection but changed that quickly after finding SolusVM's error in 1.8.02. Here are our test results with a 1Gbps internal connection:

OpenVZ node with TC disabled:
    2012-01-25 05:55:30 (104 MB/s) - `100MB.zip' saved [104857600/104857600]

OpenVZ node with TC enabled:
    2012-01-25 05:56:28 (24.3 MB/s) - `100MB.zip' saved [104857600/104857600]

OpenVZ VPS with TC set to "No Limit":
    2012-01-25 14:57:20 (8.08 MB/s) - `100MB.zip' saved [104857600/104857600]

OpenVZ VPS with TC set to 100Mbps:
    2012-01-25 14:58:05 (13.4 MB/s) - `100MB.zip' saved [104857600/104857600]

(Disregard the time difference, the test VPS is not set for the correct time zone.)

I was going to run tests at 10Mbps and 1Mbps but both were taking to long.
    That's brutal.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    That's brutal.

Francisco
    Sure is. Thanks for that KuJoe, im going to check ours to see if its the same.

We haven't seen any issues, and we'd been using the beta since it came out.

Edit: Oh, this only affects Xen. That explains a lot.

main problem?

I don't have any speed/crash problem with my xen node
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    main problem?

I don't have any speed/crash problem with my xen node
    What speed are you throttling your Xen PV slaves to?
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

What speed are you throttling your Xen PV slaves to?
    I have Xen HVM node,(100Mbps speed)

I think OP is correct because of when I select my "Server" in SolusVM >> Admincp list then its take 3 - 5 minute to get server info...
    [root@orlando34 ~]# wget http://atlanticmetro.net/bwtest/bin/st-100mb.bin
    --2012-01-26 19:36:46-- http://atlanticmetro.net/bwtest/bin/st-100mb.bin
    Resolving atlanticmetro.net... 204.145.69.1, 2001:1980:110a:2::2
    Connecting to atlanticmetro.net|204.145.69.1|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `st-100mb.bin'

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 23.7M/s in 6.7s

2012-01-26 19:36:53 (14.8 MB/s) - `st-100mb.bin' saved [104857600/104857600]
    Last edited by DewlanceHosting; 01-26-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    I have Xen HVM node
    This thread is for Xen PV only...

There don't seem to be any reported issues with the bandwidth limiting feature on OpenVZ using Soluslabs implementation of TC.

However I am also yet to see an OpenVZ host say:

I am on:
    OpenVZ
    CentosOS 5
    2.6.18 kernel
    gbit port
    have packages restricted to 10mbit

so it is impossible to say for sure.

My advice, keep looking or wait for version 2.x to come out later this year.
    This clicked with me just last night after speaking to VMPort on Lowendtalk to see if he had any issue with 2.6.18 kernel , I then went on to think how my USA server had 35 days uptime with no crash and no port limit but 2 of my NL nodes crash every few days with port limiting. I thought it was just the hardware but how can different servers do the same thing it just doesn't add up.

To start with i thought it was an issue with ip_conntrack as that is what /var/log/messages showed ip_conntrack full dropping packets.

So if you get any more information please email me asap.

I asked SolusVM to view your Thread on there forum there reply

"Hi,

Ok I can see that you seem to have quite a few issues, what I'm going to do is copy that forum post into a ticket reply and we can work through them one by one until we have resolved them in a way that you feel is acceptable.

As it is the weekend currently Im going to put this on hold until Monday and I will personally go through each of the issues with you.

I will now copy the forum post here in another reply.
    ----
    Regards,

Jason Smith
    Management
    SolusLabs Ltd "

Quote Originally Posted by -Dotvps View Post
    From previous discussions soluslabs test environment does not really resemble a live hosting environment either by way of traffic or set up so I understand that they will struggle to fix this issue.

I have simply removed the availability of the un-metered packages all together which is the only viable resolution right now.

I have a test server now on a 1000mbit port and at the time of the issue I was able to replicate it simply by limiting a number of servers to 1mbit and running scripts to generate allot of traffic the node lasted less than 24 hours before hanging, on 5 mbit I got just under 48 hours.

At that stage I decided just to let it go and accept that the TC implementation is just not suitable for live servers.

All I can say is that it seems to be directly related to the port speed on the node / restriction placed on a domU, my speculation is under 5% and your node will hang it is only a matter of time.

Interesting. I was concerned on why one of our test nodes were hanging. Anyways, you guys have a work around to limit all VM to 100mbit when your node is 1GbE? Only thing I can think of is to run HVM and force the nic to the Realtek emulation so it only links at 100mbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiesowns View Post
    Interesting. I was concerned on why one of our test nodes were hanging. Anyways, you guys have a work around to limit all VM to 100mbit when your node is 1GbE? Only thing I can think of is to run HVM and force the nic to the Realtek emulation so it only links at 100mbit.
    According to other posts in this thread, Xen HVM does not have the same issue as Xen PV. The only workarounds right now is to throttle your port speed at the switch or schedule a daily reboot your Xen PV nodes before they hang... not viable options for production servers though.

According to other posts in this thread, Xen HVM does not have the same issue as Xen PV. The only workarounds right now is to throttle your port speed at the switch or schedule a daily reboot your Xen PV nodes before they hang... not viable options for production servers though.

I am still suspecting it will hit HVM as they both use the TC implementation is pretty much the same way but I could be wrong.

Interestingly though I spent some time constructing a post on the soluslabs tech support forum that contained this and a list of 11 other things that have issues and need addressing "feedback" if you will only to look today after getting zero response for about 10 days to see that soluslabs just deleted it.

Probably embarrassed about one of my points being the lack of response times and it was easier just to silence me although I think I did it in a constructive manner.

Pleased I took a backup of the text it was fairly long, I will wait for the next release or issue and post it here instead.

I am still suspecting it will hit HVM as they both use the TC implementation is pretty much the same way but I could be wrong.

Interestingly though I spent some time constructing a post on the soluslabs tech support forum that contained this and a list of 11 other things that have issues and need addressing "feedback" if you will only to look today after getting zero response for about 10 days to see that soluslabs just deleted it.

Probably embarrassed about one of my points being the lack of response times and it was easier just to silence me although I think I did it in a constructive manner.

Pleased I took a backup of the text it was fairly long, I will wait for the next release or issue and post it here instead.
    Hi Anthony,

I think they thought i had posted it as i contacted them asking about the port limiting then he said its 11PM your support is only Mon-Fri.

So i linked to the thread on there forum which they then said we'll look into it on Monday and removed the thread.

Thanks,

Jack.

We will look into it Monday. They have been looking into it for a lot longer than that.

1) No responses to this thread from them..
    2) No email regarding port limiting causing crashes from SolusVM.. (AGAIN) i wonder if this got lost as well.

They just put me off more and more every day..

Quote Originally Posted by VMPort View Post
    We will look into it Monday. They have been looking into it for a lot longer than that.

1) No responses to this thread from them..
    2) No email regarding port limiting causing crashes from SolusVM.. (AGAIN) i wonder if this got lost as well.

They just put me off more and more every day..
    There is only vePortal of which id switch too.

HyperVM is Old and buggy.

Virtualizor seems to have bugs.

VePortal well BurstNET use it. however is it as "Nice" as SolusVM?

There is only vePortal of which id switch too.

HyperVM is Old and buggy.

Virtualizor seems to have bugs.

VePortal well BurstNET use it. however is it as "Nice" as SolusVM?
    For OpenVZ i think VePortal is excellent, we gave it a test a few months ago and monitoring wise from a providers point of view its the best.

I considered Virtualizor and was going to switch our Xen and new KVM nodes to it but virtualizor support is just as bad.

We approached them with a bug regarding the KVM network bridge and Ipv6, they asked for the root details of the server and simply never got back to us (This is going on three or four weeks back)

So yes, we are also considering switching our OpenVZ nodes to VePortal im just worried about the lack of updates etc as there website seems dead and the forums have gone.

Anyone consider OpenStack?
    ~ @PreetamJinka

They're reply today.

Hi,

Issue 1:

You are the only person that has reported this. How do you mean hangs? Do you mean system lockup? or heavy I/O (lags) ?

Issue 2:

We are well aware of this and have been trying to fix it. As you will most likely know there’s bugs in kernels and TC is not perfect by far, however without any real error information we can only gradually make changes to the system to see if it resolves it.

Issue 3:

So you have working IPv6 ebtables rules without any modification to the 2.6.18 kernel?

Issue 4:

They obviously won't match. When a vps is shutdown the data is reset on the vif.

Issue 5:

I will note this as a feature request.

Issue 6:

This was fixed. It was actually re-written to fix it.

Issue 7:

This is probably related to the email issue in issue 6. Maybe a faulty MTA ?

Issue 8:

Tested in the latest Firefox without an issue. I can browse to an different page if i select a node that’s offline. I'm not saying this doesn't happen because i can re-produce it in Chrome, I will need to look at why it happens.

Issue 9:

Thankyou for the bug report.

Issue 10:

Feature request noted.

Issue 11:

Feature request noted.

Issue 12:

We do have a decent test environment, however we can't always re-produce issues that arise on other customers servers. Do you really think we would send out a bug if we didn’t have to?? I think not.
    ----
    Regards,

Jason Smith
    Management
    SolusLabs Ltd

Thanks DotVPS, I cant see that reply however could you post a link so I can respond directly?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast