Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Firefox is a good browser. I liked the way you could install plug-ins. Chrome is just a win for me, especially now you have the apps.

- Ashton
    Ashton Allen | FuseWeb Limited
    Premium UK Webhosting
    | Shared Hosting | VPS | Reseller Hosting | VOIP |
    FuseWeb.co.uk Or follow us on Twitter

I use Chrome on Win7 and Opensuse, and I always run the development builds, I rarely have a problem with this build, a month or so ago the instant search thing would cause crashes, but I disabled it and it was fixed the next day. It seems to be faster than the release channel as well.

I run firefox on my second monitor, but it's just nowhere as fast as chrome, and the UI isn't as streamlined for my likings. It really doesn't surprise me how popular Chrome has become.

If I lose firefox, I will switch back to IE ... chrome is not an option for me, I truly hate it !

I always had lost enough features to work with in my firefox, installed chrome time to time, never had good experience with it.

I really hope that firefox keep growing the way it is, otherwise I am an IE fan again.

- Aria

Chrome has a huge budget for marketing compaired to Mozilla. It also has Google behind it being able to splash "Chrome" in the face of people from its search engine to YouTube.

I'll never use Chrome simply because I do not trust Google. Also, people speak of a Resource hog. Chrome needs 160MB on Windows to install compared to Firefox's 30MB.

Chrome will not install on Windows XP that hasn't got SP2 installed. Firefox will. I think thats a major factor, because allot of Joe Bloke's doesn't have SP2 installed.

At the end of the day, I can go onto the Mozilla website and download any Firefox tarball I wish.

To get Chrome's source code, I need to create a Google account, veirfy my e-mail, verify my mobile phone number, then login and jump through jump through some more hoops.

I'll be sticking with Firefox, though if Opera were to become open source I would instantly switch to Opera. I love Opera, but too bad its closed source.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFrontier View Post
    Chrome will not install on Windows XP that hasn't got SP2 installed. Firefox will. I think thats a major factor, because allot of Joe Bloke's doesn't have SP2 installed.
    I was under the impression you couldn't get Windows Updates if you didn't have SP2, and that the only people who didn't have SP2/3 installed were pirates?

At the end of the day, I can go onto the Mozilla website and download any Firefox tarball I wish.

To get Chrome's source code, I need to create a Google account, veirfy my e-mail, verify my mobile phone number, then login and jump through jump through some more hoops.
    Huh?

(Okay it's technically Chromium's sources, not Chromes, but still - if you're paranoid about Google's snooping Chromium is probably what you want anyway.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.

Quote Originally Posted by fwaggle View Post
    I was under the impression you couldn't get Windows Updates if you didn't have SP2, and that the only people who didn't have SP2/3 installed were pirates?
    Yes, and pirates make up majority of people that use Windows. Joe Bloke's friend gave him a Windows cd in 2002 that he still uses. That CD doesn't have SP2 on it.

If windows overlooked their pricing, they could promote buying original versions and thus earn bigger profits. Take Max OS X for an example, the latest version, Lion, costs only $29 and they had the biggest sale numbers in the first weeks of all the OS'.

Both the browsers are great and I use both of them at the same time. I love chrome for speed, both startup and browsing, UI and apps where Firefox is awesome for it's plugins and flash support.

Finally, I love both and respect users who use both of them or just any one out of those two, because at least both are modern, and support standards well. After all they aren't Microsoft crap.

It was what I forgot share when I started this thread.

Wish Firebug was on Chrome. Chrome is slow starting up and loading new pages however once your on a website it is fast. I wish firefox would get their act together so I can go back to using it full time.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas - zoom active View Post
    Wish Firebug was on Chrome. Chrome is slow starting up and loading new pages however once your on a website it is fast. I wish firefox would get their act together so I can go back to using it full time.
    What's Firebug do that the "Developer tools" in Chrome don't?

(Forgive me, I am not exactly an expert Firebug user)

Chrome is always the best

Chrome is frankly a much better user experience than Firefox. I switched away from Firefox back when Chrome first was released into beta - FX was already becoming bloated at the time. Firefox jumpstarted a new browser war but unfortunately, it's been falling behind for a while now.

Chrome seems to be always fast. Firefox is slower sometimes. It depends on what version you use. Pale Moon is a good option for Firefox users. It's just a clone of Firefox that's faster and uses the same Firefox addons.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas - zoom active View Post
    Fire Bug Lite is for Chrome.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...knfglimnifench

Chrome is sorta clunky on all of our machines and we don't especially like the interface.

I use it to look at train sites especially in Russia. The site is in Russian and about Russian trains but Chrome translates the pages automatically into English.

We also use it to test sites in along with the other browsers.

I use Seamonkey. It seems to be the fastest browser on our network but then again it's a personal choice for me over the others. I like the interface and the simplicity of using it.

IE 8 is crap so peoples use outdated browser like IE6
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    IE 8 is crap so peoples use outdated browser like IE6
    You know IE9 exists, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    no but I found a IE9 Download link, will post a review
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

I think this has been coming for a while now. Whilst Chrome does still have it's flaws, it's infinitely superior to the bloat that is Firefox.
    Ricky Blaikie - Senior Hosting Consultant - Host Consult Ltd
    http://www.host-consult.net - TEL: +44 (0)20 3002 7992

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/HostConsult

firefox is ALWAYS sluggish, chrome is light and just too fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    And is almost as bad as 8
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    And is almost as bad as 8
    At least renders CSS3 though.

BTW, I have no IE in windows. It is good without it

Chrome is so much quicker than Firefox. Its a shame cause been using Firefox for years.
    Doran
    Senior Support Advisor for daily.co.uk
    Low Cost VPS Soultions: www.daily.co.uk/products/virtual-private-servers | High Performance Dedicated Servers: www.daily.co.uk/products/dedicated-servers/

Looks like its going well for Google or I should say even better:
    Search
    Chrome
    Android
    Google+
    etc
    etc

What goes up hasn’t come down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    Chrome just seems faster, if 1 window crashes they all don't. I just wish it would reopen all my tabs when I restart it.
    --restore-last-session

Assuming Windows 7, Chrome pinned to taskbar: Right click Chrome icon, then in the ensuing menu right click "Google Chrome"; Properties. Add --restore-last-session to the end of "Target", click "OK", then it'll restore your tabs every time (at least, it does for me) rather than just when it crashes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast