hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : SpeedySparrow, so far the best host i have ever seen!
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

SpeedySparrow, so far the best host i have ever seen!

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 28
Thumbs up

SpeedySparrow, so far the best host i have ever seen!


I have promissed this review sometime ago to Sean on a support ticket to be on my website, but since my website is in portuguese and most people here probably don't read portuguese, i will be posting a english review ^^
I will be posting a more detailed one on my website tomorrow if anyone wanna read... but well... portuguese.

I created this account for two reasons: To find a new webhost for my new project (that is adult based, so can't host with SpeedySparrow since they run with LiteSpeed) and to post this review about they great service.

So let's see... first of all, sorry for my english. I'm not really good with it yet... still learning.

I have been with SpeedySparrow for about a month now i think. I'm hosting a small website, personal one to share my knowledge about WordPress, SEO, website optimization, Android and Ubuntu, running on WordPress with lots of optimizations and some plugins on it.

My default page load time is about 1 second on the first view, and instant on the second view on this webhost. For the matter of comparasion, my last webhost, PacificHost, with the same plugins and optimizations than with SpeedySparrow, used to load in 3 seconds on first view. Not much i agree, but i'm kinda adicted to speed.

They plans are very great, with lots of great features (CloudLinux + LiteSpeed + eAccelerator + CloudFlare = win) and i supose they do some optimizations on they servers too. eAccelerator is installed by default on shared hosting, what helped me choose then in the first place.

So far i have 100% uptime with them and no problem at all. They speed is awesome, they plans are the same and they support... holy mother of god... they support is just the best i have ever found.

I have hosted websites for some clients in HostGator before and thought they had the best support ever... untill finding SpeedySparrow. They support is so great they actualy become your friends... and i can say i see Sean as a friend now, cause not only he gave me a insane support (over tickets AND twitter) but he also helped me with stuffs that maybe he isn't even obligated to help.

My next project, the adult one... he actualy searched about the hosts i asked them about to see if they was good and stuffs... he searched and saved my time a lot, cause i probably would get scammed without him.

For all that, the awesome support (even before i hosted with them, Sean was already helping me on Twitter), the awesome speed, plans and pricing... i have to say: SpeedySparrow is just the best host i have ever seen.

To be better they only had to let me host my adult project... then it would be perfect xD
If anyone wanna test the speed you can see my website, just google "Julian Fernandes" and look for a domain with ".br" on the final.... it's the first result here (i'm not sure i can post urls here, sorry).

Thanks for your time everyone... and thank SpeedySparrow for the host ^^
Oh, almost forgot... i'm using they Shared Host plans ^^



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 689
Glad to hear you're having a good time with them!

  #3  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixape View Post
Glad to hear you're having a good time with them!
Better than good i would say ^^

Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 10,451
Thanks for the kind words Julian.

You forgot to add "OnApp" to the mix of things, it does an amazing job and probably why it loads your site pretty damn fast!

I am overall glad you are satisfied with our hard work and that you are happy with the performance, I am sure on the other hand though you will find a place for your adult website but sadly due to the restrictions that are imposed by LiteSpeed it was not something we were willing to risk in hosting.

I am sure you will find a new host for that site though, if we had one that was operating on Apache we'd have no hesitation to help you on that front but because only our VPS Systems come standard with Apache then it be the only option available at the current time.

Thanks again Julian!

__________________
l Spiral Hosting Limited Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2003
l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
l www.spiralhosting.com Chief Technical Officer Superior Service Guarantee

  #5  
Old
Community Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 33,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Fernandes View Post
If anyone wanna test the speed you can see my website, just google "Julian Fernandes" and look for a domain with ".br" on the final.... it's the first result here (i'm not sure i can post urls here, sorry).
Just the domain would have been fine, doesn't need to be a link.
I'd rather you posted it here so the moderators don't have to jump though hoops to find it.

  #6  
Old
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 280
* hummhum

sounds cool, good job speedy

still i got a question for @Julian Fernandes ^_^ are you using cloudflare? well you probably are using it, and that... takes a bit out of the real performance you do get with speedysparrow, you do realize that?

not that speedy isnt cool, but cloudflare masks a LOT of the performance problems of a host, like... load, speed, caching, uptime...

so when you review a host (and only a month in) and you are using cloudflare, it kinda... well its more a review of speedys good support and cloudflare's awesome cdn, and not so much of speedys hosting, no? ^_^

__________________
^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )

  #7  
Old
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
Just the domain would have been fine, doesn't need to be a link.
I'd rather you posted it here so the moderators don't have to jump though hoops to find it.
julianfernandes.com.br is the domain ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend View Post
sounds cool, good job speedy

still i got a question for @Julian Fernandes ^_^ are you using cloudflare? well you probably are using it, and that... takes a bit out of the real performance you do get with speedysparrow, you do realize that?

not that speedy isnt cool, but cloudflare masks a LOT of the performance problems of a host, like... load, speed, caching, uptime...

so when you review a host (and only a month in) and you are using cloudflare, it kinda... well its more a review of speedys good support and cloudflare's awesome cdn, and not so much of speedys hosting, no? ^_^
I did tested it without CloudFlare too ^^
It's one of the first things i do when i get a new webhost, to see what the real performance is

  #8  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 10,451
Quote:
sounds cool, good job speedy
Thank you.

Quote:
still i got a question for @Julian Fernandes ^_^ are you using cloudflare? well you probably are using it, and that... takes a bit out of the real performance you do get with speedysparrow, you do realize that?
It can take on some of the caching and can reduce server load, lower HTTP requests, as well as reduce server load. But the site still does impact the server and still does use the server resources, it can work both ways - normally for a text based site (static) it really does not improve it that much but does seem to stop a lot of attacks.

CloudFlare can be quite beneficial, but there are people out there who agree to disagree on the use of CloudFlare.

Quote:
not that speedy isnt cool, but cloudflare masks a LOT of the performance problems of a host, like... load, speed, caching, uptime...
If the DNS was to go down on the host, chances are the site will also appear down, it can increase there performance but is not a service that is going to guarantee more/less uptime.

It can increase performance whilst spreading content globally, but at the end of the day it should not really make a difference.

Quote:
so when you review a host (and only a month in) and you are using cloudflare, it kinda... well its more a review of speedys good support and cloudflare's awesome cdn, and not so much of speedys hosting, no? ^_^
I can confirm that Julian has used both CloudFlare enabled and disabled during his one month journey with us - so it reflects on both fronts! I am sure Julian will make another update in another 2 to 3 months but till then everyone can take on there own thoughts to Julians review.

__________________
l Spiral Hosting Limited Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2003
l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
l www.spiralhosting.com Chief Technical Officer Superior Service Guarantee

  #9  
Old
Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,598
Good review here. Sean always here so I suppose OP can consider WHT as another channel to be in touch.
Good work Sean and good luck.

  #10  
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
Good review here. Sean always here so I suppose OP can consider WHT as another channel to be in touch.
Good work Sean and good luck.
Actually, WHT is not an support channel for our company. All support requests should be placed using the communication methods listed on our website (ticket system, phone or live chat).

@Julian; Thanks for the great review, glad to hear that you are happy with our services!

__________________
l Spiral Hosting Limited Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2003
l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
l www.SpiralHosting.com

  #11  
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 94
It's always pleasant to read nice reviews of the host.
Thanks for sharing.

  #12  
Old
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 280
@Sparrow-Sean sure sure, but cloudflare can work even if dns is down on the host (always on and cloudflare is hosting the dns, so it doesn't matter if the hosts node goes down with their dns)... and im notdownplaying the quality of speedysparrow hosting, just saying that in a month's time and using cloudflare you cant really give a good review of the hosting provider.

and yes even if you are using cloudflare, you still need hosting, and the better the hosting, the better the performance you will get, if the users site wasn't caching everything for sure speedysparrow hosting would have to do the hard work, but the user is doing the right thing and caching, so speedysparrow is probably just doing like 1/3 of the hosting right now (at least in terms of hits, bandwidth), thats just my opinion ^_^'

__________________
^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )

  #13  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 10,451
Quote:
@Sparrow-Sean sure sure, but cloudflare can work even if dns is down on the host (always on and cloudflare is hosting the dns, so it doesn't matter if the hosts node goes down with their dns)...
I am yet to see that work on the FREE version of CloudFlare, it may be possible on the $20.00 a month professional option but I have tested the FREE version on multiple sites and took the DNS down and they all failed.

So wondering where that line ends.

Quote:
and im notdownplaying the quality of speedysparrow hosting, just saying that in a month's time and using cloudflare you cant really give a good review of the hosting provider.
Sure, I understand that. However, the client stills uses our (dns, bandwidth, diskspace, and other features) on the service. So, in respect to what you are saying a review does not just cover the areas that you think should not be covered if CloudFlare is in use.

Quote:
and yes even if you are using cloudflare, you still need hosting, and the better the hosting, the better the performance you will get, if the users site wasn't caching everything for sure speedysparrow hosting would have to do the hard work, but the user is doing the right thing and caching, so speedysparrow is probably just doing like 1/3 of the hosting right now (at least in terms of hits, bandwidth), thats just my opinion ^_^'
That is surely your own opinion, but the user still uses our dns, still uses our bandwidth, still uses the features, diskspace, and then uses our support and everything else that comes with it. So in all honesty it really does not matter if the user is using CloudFlare or not to give a positive or negative review on his experience.

CloudFlare is just an add-on to the service, the user has the option to use it or not and we provide support to that, but as CloudFlare's add-on is just like a caching mechanism and/or (Content Delivery) which caches and spreads his/her content globally for better load times he still uses our resources to make that happen!

__________________
l Spiral Hosting Limited Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2003
l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
l www.spiralhosting.com Chief Technical Officer Superior Service Guarantee

  #14  
Old
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 280
oh well, seems we have had a different experience with cloudflare, i host mostly on my own vps and as such i have a good control of the resources being used, and i do use cloudflare on a couple of my sites that are incredibly resource hungry, so i do have some experience on both sides and can see the full effect of using cloudflare, and not just for a month.

im not too sure why you downplay it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
I am yet to see that work on the FREE version of CloudFlare, it may be possible on the $20.00 a month professional option but I have tested the FREE version on multiple sites and took the DNS down and they all failed.

So wondering where that line ends.
Thats just because they are using your dns and cloudflare is just redirecting through CNAMES, if the user signs up directly with cloudflare he will not use speedysparrow dns and his site will work (in cached mode) regardless of the node being down or the node dns being down, so im wondering where the line ends when you are giving to your user a crippled free service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
That is surely your own opinion, but the user still uses our dns, still uses our bandwidth, still uses the features, diskspace, and then uses our support and everything else that comes with it. So in all honesty it really does not matter if the user is using CloudFlare or not to give a positive or negative review on his experience.
Absolutely, but just because its my opinion, doesn't mean its not the right opinion, sure the user still uses all of that, wait... i mean a third of all of that (with the exception of support), cloudflare sounds wonderful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
CloudFlare is just an add-on to the service, the user has the option to use it or not and we provide support to that, but as CloudFlare's add-on is just like a caching mechanism and/or (Content Delivery) which caches and spreads his/her content globally for better load times he still uses our resources to make that happen!
Again right on the money, but he is using it, and then gives a glaring review about the performance of the hosting, and thats the main point of cloudflare! performance! cloudflare is more than just a plain CDN, its not just caching, its optimizing the site, its protecting it from problems, its bypassing a LOT of what speedysparrow provides, speedysparrow hosting is most likely not responsible for the performance gain of the user!

If the user disables cloudflare for a month and then comes back saying speedysparrow is the best thing ever since spicy carrot cake (what! its delicious), then ill give speedysparrow my full compliments on a job well done ^-^ as of now, good job on support and keeping your dns up.

__________________
^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )

  #15  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 10,451
Quote:
oh well, seems we have had a different experience with cloudflare, i host mostly on my own vps and as such i have a good control of the resources being used, and i do use cloudflare on a couple of my sites that are incredibly resource hungry, so i do have some experience on both sides and can see the full effect of using cloudflare, and not just for a month.
How are you exactly using CloudFlare, via the plugin from cPanel that comes with being a partner to CloudFlare or are you simply using the normal setup from CloudFlare?

Quote:
im not too sure why you downplay it...
Not sure what I am down-playing exactly?

Quote:
Thats just because they are using your dns and cloudflare is just redirecting through CNAMES, if the user signs up directly with cloudflare he will not use speedysparrow dns and his site will work (in cached mode) regardless of the node being down or the node dns being down, so im wondering where the line ends when you are giving to your user a crippled free service...
the OP is not actually using CloudFlare directly, he is using our nameservers but using our CloudFlare Plugin which again uses the DNS settings from our end to reflect on the CloudFlare side - any DNS changes that he/she needs to make need to be done on our end on not via CloudFlare.

Quote:
Absolutely, but just because its my opinion, doesn't mean its not the right opinion, sure the user still uses all of that, wait... i mean a third of all of that (with the exception of support), cloudflare sounds wonderful...
Well, at the end of the day as I mentioned it really does not matter if he is using full, half, or quarter of it. He still uses our services and your comments are simply trying to downgrade the qaulity of the review (just my opinion).

Quote:
Again right on the money, but he is using it, and then gives a glaring review about the performance of the hosting, and thats the main point of cloudflare! performance! cloudflare is more than just a plain CDN, its not just caching, its optimizing the site, its protecting it from problems, its bypassing a LOT of what speedysparrow provides, speedysparrow hosting is most likely not responsible for the performance gain of the user!
Well CloudFlare is just that option, the user can choose to use it or not, it is entirely up to them and we are not going to stop them from using it. No matter the situation, cloudFlare is beneficial and does protect users from threats, and outside attacks, as well as caching and improving performance

Quote:
If the user disables cloudflare for a month and then comes back saying speedysparrow is the best thing ever since spicy carrot cake (what! its delicious), then ill give speedysparrow my full compliments on a job well done ^-^ as of now, good job on support and keeping your dns up.
Perhaps, find out how the plugin physically works and then come back with your full understanding rather than just using the main CloudFlare service via the CloudFlare website. Other than that, we appreciate your input and to not derail the thread from the OP's review we may as well leave it as it be.

If you want to discuss this further don't hesitate to shoot me a PM (Private Message).

__________________
l Spiral Hosting Limited Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2003
l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
l www.spiralhosting.com Chief Technical Officer Superior Service Guarantee

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpeedySparrow: 1 Month on OliPicard Web Hosting 5 08-28-2011 03:35 AM
SpeedySparrow OliPicard Providers and Network Outages and Updates 4 07-22-2011 06:12 PM
Is something going on with SpeedySparrow? FW-Mike Web Hosting 12 01-26-2011 07:38 PM
SpeedySparrow Review NightHawkInLight Web Hosting 14 08-18-2010 07:57 PM
SpeedySparrow still around? travor Web Hosting 41 09-23-2008 08:29 AM

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Introducing .HOST: The Exciting New gTLD for the Global Hosting Community Webinars 2014-10-03 10:41:09
Host Alive Listing 2014-12-10 12:48:14
Spiral Hosting Acquires Australian Web Host SpeedySparrow Web Hosting News 2014-01-13 11:27:35
Host Europe Acquires Telefonica Germany Online Services Web Hosting News 2013-09-13 15:27:43
Host Virtual Expands Cloud Platform with New Location in Seattle Web Hosting News 2013-02-21 10:01:56


Tags
cloudflare, cloudlinux, litespeed, shared hosting, speedysparrow

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
WHT Host Brief Email:

We respect your privacy. We will never sell, rent, or give away your address to any outside party, ever.

Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:
WHT Membership
WHT Membership



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?