Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bad BurstNET experience - How can I get my money back

I have applied a server for creating a small web site in BurstNET. And I am a newbie in Paypal also. I agree the Paypal Cycle billing from BurstNET last year.
    They send me invoice very early. Now I have paid the money for July 20 to August 20. In the past the server is often unstable. Last month my vps crashed and I lost all my data. I submit ticket they did not tell me what happened. And just tell me the server crashed and I should recover all data and application. So I want to cancel the vps service in future.
    I submit a dispute in Paypal and said I want to take back my money for the July 20th to August 20th on June 9. They do not reply until today. They do not send money back and just suspend my VPS.
    What can I do now? How can I get my money back? Can I get my rent fee for June 20 to July 20 also? How can I get a newest backup from the suspend VPS?

Think carefully if you want to try BurstNET, especially for a newbie. Maybe it is cheaper. But it will cause lots of trouble for you later.

Quote Originally Posted by linhai View Post
    I have applied a server for creating a small web site in BurstNET. And I am a newbie in Paypal also. I agree the Paypal Cycle billing from BurstNET last year.
    They send me invoice very early. Now I have paid the money for July 20 to August 20. In the past the server is often unstable. Last month my vps crashed and I lost all my data. I submit ticket they did not tell me what happened. And just tell me the server crashed and I should recover all data and application. So I want to cancel the vps service in future.
    I submit a dispute in Paypal and said I want to take back my money for the July 20th to August 20th on June 9. They do not reply until today. They do not send money back and just suspend my VPS.
    What can I do now? How can I get my money back? Can I get my rent fee for June 20 to July 20 also? How can I get a newest backup from the suspend VPS?

Think carefully if you want to try BurstNET, especially for a newbie. Maybe it is cheaper. But it will cause lots of trouble for you later.
    Take a read of their TOS am sure it will answer most if not all of your questions...

Judging by your questions am sure you didnt read their TOS at the signing up stage either?
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

nope - you disputed. your problem. all caused by you. maybe beg for some goodwill, but good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Take a read of their TOS am sure it will answer most if not all of your questions...

Judging by your questions am sure you didnt read their TOS at the signing up stage either?
    Hmm, you are right. In fact, I am not a native English speaker. The TOS is a little difficult to me

Hmm, you are right. In fact, I am not a native English speaker. The TOS is a little difficult to me
    Thats no excuse...
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

It cold be a little difficult for you...but its really important to read them or at least get some help from some one...the TOS will have all their terms...payback terms...everything your looking for

Pretty much any company you launch a paypal dispute on will suspend your service. Also you cannot dispute any good/services thats are intangible the seller will always win. If you are a vps newbie and are looking to learn I recommend hostgator as the vps with other companies don't come with the kind of support that you might be looking for.
    TuneMyBox.com - Providing top quality admin services for linux servers. Mysql/Performance/Security/DDos Mitigation and More! Get a quick and painless quote for any job Here!
    Follow Us on Twitter!

I paid advance. Now they suspend my vps. At least they should refund the money for the future billing cycle.

I paid advance. Now they suspend my vps. At least they should refund the money for the future billing cycle.
    Your right...but first make sure you read the TOS and check with them if they provide refunds...not all hosts refund....their are different terms...like for example 45 days money back gurantee...first check with them

Nope. You dispute, you lose everything./

Moved > VPS Hosting.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Your right...but first make sure you read the TOS and check with them if they provide refunds...not all hosts refund....their are different terms...like for example 45 days money back gurantee...first check with them
    Thank you for your kindness. I get the information from their website:

"All advance payments, for unused service periods, will be refunded should you decide to leave--if they were not part of a required term contract. BurstNET™ does not prorate current service periods, for cancellations occuring mid-service period. If you wish to cancel service, you MUST fill out the Service/Feature Cancellation Form."

And I try to find the Cancellation before but failed and it is easy to find the dispute link in Paypal. So I think it is a easy way to cancel the future service

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    Nope. You dispute, you lose everything./
    seems very unfair to customer

ok so now you know you deserve a refund....what are the steps you have taken so far???

Ive read in many articles and forums....a paypal dispute over an intangible asset couldn't be won...and paypal doesn't cover for intangible goods

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    ok so now you know you deserve a refund....what are the steps you have taken so far???
    Because I just want to cancel the vps in the future month. I do not complain anything in the Paypal dispute. I just say I want to cancel the VPS at the end of this month. And I want get back my money. I submit the dispute before June 9th. I did not get any reply until today.

That is what I wrote in the dispute:
    "It just June. I want cancel the vps at the end of this month!"

That is their reply:
    "Hello, This customer did not attempt to contact us to allow us to resolve this issue And immediately filed a Paypal dispute although this is there error and not that of BurstNET. This customer ordered a service that was delivered and has made payment for and never requested this service be terminated. Please do not reverse this payment as these funds are due to BurstNET at this point per the terms of our service agreement for the charge back fee. Thank you."

And they have suspended my VPS today already and the dispute will expired soon! So I just apply a compensate and keep the dispute unexpired. And I have paid for the next two months already. Now I still try to find their cancel form link to request a termination.

Now I want to know whether they will return money?

If not, will they restart my VPS? Than I can make a recent backup and keep the web site running on the vps for a period.

Any suggestion?

Why would they return money? You filed a dispute...

i believe the approach of yours was wrong...you should contact the host first..and request them for the termination and payback...if they are unwilling to pay you...then you should have filed a dispute against them with Paypal...i hope this helps you

A good company should pay more attention on the customer's abuse and dispute.
    But BurstNET's response always slowly, simple and rude.
    Just say "it is your error!" "It is your mistake." "It is not our responsibility".
    I have do business with others also. I always try to help them find some solution even it is their fault.
    I think that is a good attitude on business.

Your not getting the point...the process of claiming back your money or refunding is first to contact the host and tell them you want to cancel it...this you have to directly tell them by emailing, letter or call or any form..then they will tell you if they will refund you or not..it will take some time as it will go to the billing department..it wont take months...and when they say no and if you feel that its unfair, and then its best to file a dispute with paypal...do you get my point??? did you try contacting your host and tell them you want to terminate???

If a company just have more interesting to play tricks on TOC or discussing it is whose error. My suggestion is stay away from them as far as possible.
    That is what I want to say for the other customer who are looking for a VPS service provider.

O.M.G Another classic BurstNET thread...

The OP knows how to get service but doesnt know how to cancell, This sounds fishy...

Theirs nothing we can do here, WHT isnt BurstNET customer service department, I think this thread should be closed!

A good company should pay more attention on the customer's abuse and dispute.
    But BurstNET's response always slowly, simple and rude.
    Just say "it is your error!" "It is your mistake." "It is not our responsibility".
    I have do business with others also. I always try to help them find some solution even it is their fault.
    I think that is a good attitude on business.
    You're not getting the point. You disputed = Paypal is holding their money = they are not being paid for the service

*Frustrated* hes just not getting the point....better to drop this off

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast