Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best DC for colocation in UK and NL.

hi everyone.
    we're need a suitable datacenter for colocation use for cloud.
    our needs are:
    - full rack.
    - 1Gbps full duplex bandwidth.
    - 2*1Gbps up-link ports.
    - at least 20,30 amp power.
    - IPs registered in our companies name.
    - cpanel and direct admin licenses
    - remote hands

quality of services and DC's work background is the most important thing for us.
    now at this time we're looking into work with UK2, but before going further into contract things we want to make sure about our choice.
    so, we're looking forward for your offers.

Best Regards.
    Benygh.
    Last edited by Benygh91; 06-11-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Evoswitch (Leaseweb) is probably your best bet in .nl
    for .uk
    UK2, IceColo (M247)

UKGrid in Manchester UK gets our vote.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

we checked into uk dc s and it seems uk2 has the best pricing. about nl dc s we already contacted leaseweb and equinix for their services. i think uk2 would be fine. but as we want to put 20 high end servers out there it takes us a long time for making decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Benygh91 View Post
    - at least 20,30 amp power.
    Which do you need - 20A or 30A ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

as its europe and the voltage is 220. i think 20 would do fine for 40units.
    an unrelated question: should we pay an extra fee for taxes if we buy the hardwares from any europian supplier or vendors in europe in order to send them to a european dc? does supermicro owns an european vendor? like in uk.

as its europe and the voltage is 220. i think 20 would do fine for 40units.
    230v and you're unlikely to fit 40 servers into a single rack (physically) - a lot will depend on the rails, the servers, the airflow, other devices you're installing (apc/raritan for power control ? kvm over ip ? serial over ip ? nas ? )

an unrelated question: should we pay an extra fee for taxes if we buy the hardwares from any europian supplier or vendors in europe in order to send them to a european dc?
    You'll most likely have import duty/vat to pay on items you're shipping around.

does supermicro owns an european vendor? like in uk.
    Yes, there are SM vendors here in the UK, and some of us Colo providers have been SM providers fr years
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

yes, there are some units space used for other devices.
    can you please give us scheme of a full featured full rack with all of the devices you mentioned ?! how many units do they need for their space and how much power would they need !?
    for now we just have some servers and one KVM over ip device. but it would be perfect if you give us scheme of a full featured rack customization.
    You'll most likely have import duty/vat to pay on items you're shipping around.
    so, if we buy from a uk vendor or even the datacenter itself it wont charge any duty/vat fees. right !?

so, if we buy from a uk vendor or even the datacenter itself it wont charge any duty/vat fees. right !?
    That depends on your location, and legal entity, and the VAT regulations at whomever you're buying them from, but in _general_ if you're a registered business outside of Europe, then no, no VAT will be charged.

thanks for the information, can you please help us with the racks ?

For 20-30A power, I know Sota Connect offer that in Kent and UK Grid in Manchester do not. Does it have to be a single rack?

thanks for offers, we'll look into it.
    a question about taxes: we want to buy servers from rackservers.com which is official vendor of supermicro in uk. please take a look at the link below: www.rackservers.com/retrieve-quote.aspx
    and then send it to a chosen dc in uk. please use the code Q23104 and you will see our unpaid invoice of our chosen servers for cloud with onapp, there is an addee vat fee which is 4000 pounds. i want to know why should we pay this 20% of the original price as tax. as we are not a registered company in europe is this neccessary to pay this fee? is there any way for not paying this fee?

there is an addee vat fee which is 4000 pounds. i want to know why should we pay this 20% of the original price as tax. as we are not a registered company in europe is this neccessary to pay this fee? is there any way for not paying this fee?
    Yes, you contact RS and explain it to them - although if they're being bought in the UK, for use in the uk, you may have to pay it irrespective of where you are based - it'll depend on which VAT regime they follow.

so, u say that we contact them and ask them about this situation and if they were to get this VAT fees from us, we should choose another company to buy our servers and see how they're doing about Tax fees. right ?! isn't there any written rule for these Tax Fees ?!

what if we order the hardware parts to datacenter itself ?! though i dont like this idea in some cases like moving servers to another location or issues like this.

so, u say that we contact them and ask them about this situation
    Yes

and if they were to get this VAT fees from us, we should choose another company to buy our servers
    No, you pay it.

so, you say that every customer should pay its bought goods VAT Fees which is 20% of original Price ?! isn't there any regulations for us normal people those are going to start a business ?!

so, you say that every customer should pay its bought goods VAT Fees which is 20% of original Price ?! isn't there any regulations for us normal people those are going to start a business ?!
    Can't pay taxes? Don't be in business.

slow down, man, slow down.
    we Are in the Business and business means business, we should observe all the facts here before starting the project. money is not the problem, the problem is that we are not familiar with Eruopean Tax Rules and we want to know is this a european Rule for taxes or its just the companies regulations. if its the companies regulations we're go for another company which has better Tax plans.
    thanks.

so, you say that every customer should pay its bought goods VAT Fees which is 20% of original Price ?!
    As I said (repeatedly) you will need to check with your supplier regarding any specifics.
    But _basically_ everytime you buy something the governments want their slice-of-pie with tax ...

there were a check box for customers from outside of uk, after choosing it VAT was gone. but i dont know whats this about. i contacted them and waiting for their response.

Have a look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1055913 and the links from there - my understanding (I'm not a VAT accountant!) is you will either have to VAT register in the UK, or else pay the VAT if you are keeping the servers in the UK.

You could have a word with the UK VAT people - I've always found them surprisingly friendly and helpful, and they will give you a definitive answer - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/...ng-answers.htm
    Advania Thor Data Centre Iceland - www.thordc.com
    High Spec Colocation and Dedicated Servers, powered by cheap, abundant and 100% renewable energy.
    Enterprise grade hosting, ISO27001 accredited for security, and all at fantastic pricing.

brian.rae@thordc.com

i called rackservers and got some information about VAT fees, there is two way for us to do buy the goods for our servers and send them over to UK,
    first one is : we can buy from UK reseller and send them over to the DC which is in UK. and we should pay VAT Fees even if we are not a European registered company. but if we wanted to buy the goods and export them over to another company it would just charge only the Import Taxes for the destination country.
    second way is: we can buy from US and Ship it over to UK, and then we should pay UK's Import Tax and VAT as well.

so as far as i got there is no way around it.

but i'm not sure that what if we ask DC to order the goods for us ?! i think it would do charge the same fees as well but we have to ask for getting this cleared out.

i will post here if there were any news on this matter.

i have just one more question.
    we've chosen some chassis which are half size of the normal chassis, we want to know would it take 1/2 unit space in the rack or not ?!

by the way can you please tell us what devices would we need in our full rack expect servers and KVM over IP devices !? can you give us a full scheme of it ?

thanks for your helps.

i have just one more question.
    we've chosen some chassis which are half size of the normal chassis, we want to know would it take 1/2 unit space in the rack or not ?!
    No, they still take up 1u of _height_ and they're prone to overheating issues - to be avoided if possible.

thanks for the advice.

<SNIP>

does supermicro owns an european vendor? like in uk.
    SM has a sales office in the Netherlands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast