Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank You Preston Host!

This is 2 month review of PrestonHost Please bear with me as it is my first time to give a review =)

Anyway, I checked my email and I got my first account from them since Apr. 2, 2011. A friend first told me about them, then I checked their offers here in WHT. I found it affordable plus at the time, I read some positive reviews so I thought that maybe this was a good host for me as well.

In my first few weeks I was very impressed because Fariz and his staff were really helpful, I'm the ticket person type - I ask a bunch of tickets during my first days. Fariz, and if not him, his team answered my questions politely and always helped me out whenever I had questions. Sometimes, it does take long because I know they get some sleep/rest too (I understand) at max though, they answer my tickets within the day and the fastest would be an hour or 3. Although recently, their answers have been a bit shorter with less explanation, then there are times I had to explain about 2 times, but it was okay because problems were sorted out anyway :>

Fortunately, I was also located in their best server, Pluto (my first account with them). Their uptime was really good compared to my previous hosts - they did have one problem before with the cPanel license but it was fixed right away (a day or two I think).

Then I purchased other reseller accounts because I was very happy Though the one I bought had a few problems regarding downtime, I did find out it was because of a faulty ram via their twitter, that's another thing - they update via twitter and one time, they even tried to help when there was downtime.

Overall I am very happy with their service I know they can improve more and become even better!

Anyway, I do know I need to submit my domains but not sure where to and how ~ I would love to submit them so if anyone sees this, kindly share on how to submit the domains Thanks!!

Here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7499748

And nice to see a good review

Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    Here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7499748

And nice to see a good review
    Okay thank you Will submit them now

hmmmm, something fishy the way that review was written and all of a sudden appeared from, but then I am always suspicious when a host get a big bashing over a couple of days in more than 1 thread and all of a sudden a positive review comes along...

I have been on these forums far too many years I think

Hello,

It's always good to see positive reviews. Today I have seen a positive and a negative review on Preston Host.
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !

Thank you for your honest review.

I didn't expect this review as we have been getting negative reviews lately. I was browsing Prestonhost twitter and this client updated us that he/she posted a review on webhosting talk. Perhaps you can review our twitter by clicking here. The reason this client is not affected by any downtime like other clients on the previous review is because he/she is hosted on one of our most stable server. You can verify that the server have been running fine for nearly 85 days with no reboot and downtime by clicking here except for the cPanel license problems which was resolve within 24 hours as our DC get back to us late. Other than that, that isn't any other problems.

I understand that he have an account in Cloud4 which had a few downtime to due to ram being faulty and being replacement which require an emergency shut down. Other than that, I have receive no complain regarding this. I appreciate this review really much and from what I read in the ticket, you have been an understanding and patient client who still gives us a chance even though you face problems with our service like downtime.

Thanks once again and I wish you all the best for your oncoming months with us

Quote Originally Posted by wisenerl View Post
    hmmmm, something fishy the way that review was written and all of a sudden appeared from, but then I am always suspicious when a host get a big bashing over a couple of days in more than 1 thread and all of a sudden a positive review comes along...

I have been on these forums far too many years I think
    I understand you feel that way But I really felt like posting about my experience with them because all I'm seeing now are negative reviews - and so I thought of sharing mine, it just felt bad because the thing here is I want others to know that they may have problems with some clients, but some of their clients are happy as well. I even referred PrestonHost to a friend because I really had a nightmare with my previous hosts before them, and you know, I really felt relief when I decided to be with them.. Plus I've been really wanting to post a review here about them, and also my other providers so for a start, I chose Preston Host because it was with them whom I didn't really experience hassles..

Well negative reviews are not a bad thing in themselves when posted on here, it's really all about how you deal with them through the glare of the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by cptechie View Post
    Hello,

It's always good to see positive reviews. Today I have seen a positive and a negative review on Preston Host.
    yes, i love reading reviews too, it lets me know about other's experiences and which web hosting companies are to trust. and today i am very happy for sharing mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    Thank you for your honest review.

I didn't expect this review as we have been getting negative reviews lately. I was browsing Prestonhost twitter and this client updated us that he/she posted a review on webhosting talk. Perhaps you can review our twitter by clicking here. The reason this client is not affected by any downtime like other clients on the previous review is because he/she is hosted on one of our most stable server. You can verify that the server have been running fine for nearly 85 days with no reboot and downtime by clicking here except for the cPanel license problems which was resolve within 24 hours as our DC get back to us late. Other than that, that isn't any other problems.

I understand that he have an account in Cloud4 which had a few downtime to due to ram being faulty and being replacement which require an emergency shut down. Other than that, I have receive no complain regarding this. I appreciate this review really much and from what I read in the ticket, you have been an understanding and patient client who still gives us a chance even though you face problems with our service like downtime.

Thanks once again and I wish you all the best for your oncoming months with us

thanks too to you and your team Sir Faris. I believe for those who are having problems right now will be okay soon, I know you guys always give your efforts for you're clients and I appreciate that

---
    and to add up, i wanted to post a positive review because if not this, I was going to post about First Hosting, but I didn't want to post a sort of negative post (i still did have good times with them in the past) for my first review here in WHT, maybe next time :p

Well negative reviews are not a bad thing in themselves when posted on here, it's really all about how you deal with them through the glare of the public eye.
    You are right but other than that let's not forget all sides, I mean, clients are patient, others are moderate, others are not plus the situation. I guess the others were just unfortunate at the moment because there other servers were unstable - along with that, when two sides with different point of view collide, they tend to crash, i mean, this is how i see how it went for those who had a mishap with their servers.
    Either way, it should help PrestonHost to improve on the things they lack. Then for my review, its a proof they are still doing their best. Any way, thanks for reading my review

Very nice review! I'm glad you are happy with them
    Tiger Host | Shared Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Domain Registration
    ---> 24/7/365 Live Chat & Help Desk Support.
    ---> cPanel 11,Softaculous,Fantastico & more.
    ---> http://www.tiger-host.net

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    here. The reason this client is not affected by any downtime like other clients on the previous review is because he/she is hosted on one of our most stable server.
    I thought I paid twice as much for 1/5th of the resources to be on the most stable server, US6

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGL View Post
    I thought I paid twice as much for 1/5th of the resources to be on the most stable server, US6
    US6 is one of EZPZHosting's servers. They are actually very good. I think it really WAS the most stable server before you signed up. I myself have good experiences with EZPZ. Lately, their server is experiencing some issues. Also, I have an account with PrestonHost on their Pluto server. It really is very stable and fast. Its just your bad luck I suppose.
    Sajid Iftekhar - Web Design Portfolio

Any issues with US6 have been resolved and it's been running fine for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    Any issues with US6 have been resolved and it's been running fine for some time.
    Really? I had 58 minutes of downtime this morning spread across 19 outages.

In that case there's a problem with your monitor as there certainly wasn't any downtime this morning.

In that case there's a problem with your monitor as there certainly wasn't any downtime this morning.
    Nope, I witnessed it myself too. My public stats.

I don't really want to drag this thread off-topic, I'm sure PrestonHost won't mind but feel free to email me at daniel -at- ezpzhosting.co.uk and we'll see if there's something else causing this. We use Pingdom as well as internal monitoring and nothing was picked up so there's obviously something else going on.

I use Pingdom as well as hyperspin to monitor my sites. Pingdom shows exaggerated downtimes usually. When I was online for almost whole day last sunday, I got sms from Pingdom saying the site is down. In my opinion, hyperspin is more accurate.
    UK, US & Singapore Shared Web hosting :: Ethwebs.net :: since 2006
    Billing portal here

Maybe you can discuss with PrestonHost more regarding your problem, then you both can work on a solution, and I can see even Sir Dan is helping you out here. I hope your downtime problem will be fixed soon

Exactly. If anything they can often bring you new signups. An old saying is "there is no such thing bad no such thing as bad publicity". It seems to ring true even if the poster is out to tarnish your reputation.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

Quote Originally Posted by theprimehost View Post
    Exactly. If anything they can often bring you new signups. An old saying is "there is no such thing bad no such thing as bad publicity". It seems to ring true even if the poster is out to tarnish your reputation.
    Correct, When the market is saturated bad press is good press...

Infacted, Within my time in business I have known business people to get people to give them bad press due to often enough their good press was questioned, Sad fact is it actually works to a certain degree...
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Really? I had 58 minutes of downtime this morning spread across 19 outages.
    I told you before that the issue arrives from your side which might be your ISP and your monitoring.

I don't really want to drag this thread off-topic, I'm sure PrestonHost won't mind but feel free to email me at daniel -at- ezpzhosting.co.uk and we'll see if there's something else causing this. We use Pingdom as well as internal monitoring and nothing was picked up so there's obviously something else going on.
    No worries, thanks for going a step again and helping your sub customer

Quote Originally Posted by uriko View Post

thanks too to you and your team Sir Faris. I believe for those who are having problems right now will be okay soon, I know you guys always give your efforts for you're clients and I appreciate that

---
    and to add up, i wanted to post a positive review because if not this, I was going to post about First Hosting, but I didn't want to post a sort of negative post (i still did have good times with them in the past) for my first review here in WHT, maybe next time :p
    Once again you're most welcome

Quote Originally Posted by uriko View Post
    Okay thank you Will submit them now
    Thanks. Confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by theprimehost View Post
    This seems to be true in our case as well.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast