Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whats Happened To Rus From ThrustVPS?

Hello,

I heard a rumor that ThrustVPS has been sold and all other brands which Rus had acquired over recent months have been merged to thicken the client base of ThrustVPS, I also notice that his signature on here has changed to "Nothing here to see...move along"

I first noticed something last week when I went to GigeVPS to purchase a VPS and I noticed that GigeVPS forwards to ThrustVPS...

Whats going on Rus?

Regards,
    Last edited by Server Management; 06-09-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

As far as i know (read on here when it happened) he had personal issues he needed to deal with and sold the company. Thats about the extent that i know. I know some other people will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott04 View Post
    As far as i know (read on here when it happened) he had personal issues he needed to deal with and sold the company. Thats about the extent that i know. I know some other people will chime in.
    I thought he didn't own the company, iomart did.

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
    I thought he didn't own the company, iomart did.
    I find it all confusing TBH who actually owned it but the main face of it was Rus...

I think GigeVPS was purchased by Thrust last year, though I'm not 100% sure.

Rus is a startup curator for sure... he does a great job at putting together a good company for someone to purchase and build upon.

It would be nice if Rus could make an official announcement and clear it up. Most people here have a lot of respect for Rus and are not starting these threads to slagg him off. I know he will probably read this - please can you keep you let us know what's happening?

It's odd though like a month ago he was in florida , orlando where his Gigevps is based..

Interesting, what datacenter does he operate out of in Orlando? I have worked or been in most here, there are not that many.

Rick
    How to spot a hosting reseller:
    a. ping "web-hosting-company".com. Search that IP at arin.net.

b. the company displayed by arin.net has full network and likely server control and is the real provider
    A 99.999% SLA means nothing when 90% of the service continuince is beyond the control of the reseller.
    RapidVPS - Intelligent and Reliable VPS Hosting since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by IGobyTerry View Post
    I think GigeVPS was purchased by Thrust last year, though I'm not 100% sure.

Rus is a startup curator for sure... he does a great job at putting together a good company for someone to purchase and build upon.
    Right Rus purchased gigevps from Jacob in July or so of last year.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

hazenet.co.uk is also redirecting to thrustvps.
    SoftGeeks - Fast, Secure Quality Hosting Solutions
    Services: Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Virtual Private Servers
    Great Uptime | Quick and Friendly Support

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRick View Post
    Interesting, what datacenter does he operate out of in Orlando? I have worked or been in most here, there are not that many.

Rick
    In case of Gigevps, I belie it was located in DimeNOC Orlando
    Fast & Reliable Unmanaged VPS w/SolusVM ★★ Sandy Bridge E3-1270 @ 3.40Ghz pr Core
    OpenVZ | XEN | KVM | VPS Reseller Hosting Program | Semi-managed VPS
    Manchester, UK | Fremont, US | Falkenstein, DE | Native IPv6 | OpenVZ w/VSwap | TUN/PPTP Enabled
    www.nordicvps.com/wht

Quote Originally Posted by SoftGeeks View Post
    hazenet.co.uk is also redirecting to thrustvps.
    I believe all the brands he acquired now point to thrustvps and all the clients from the various brands have been merged to thrustvps.

No announcement, etc its all rather strange...

Quote Originally Posted by HUGOBLUE View Post
    In case of Gigevps, I belie it was located in DimeNOC Orlando
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    I believe all the brands he acquired now point to thrustvps and all the clients from the various brands have been merged to thrustvps.

No announcement, etc its all rather strange...
    He wrote an email about gige I think. Hazenet was operated as a separate brand for a while and he even made some posts himself. I see that it's pointing so i'm wondering if people on the hazenet plans were able to keep the pricing they had?

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

I was under the impression that Rus didn't even own the company's, It was owned by some big UK Internet Service Provider, I don't want to put out any information just incase if it's not needed to be placed.

But I know Rus was hired to manage a few companys that are owned by a big UK ISP.

I'm not sure, I could be wrong but I still do know that Thrust is still owned by them, aswell with GigeVPS.

I am also thinking that the company is separate and it is not acquired by Mr.Rus. However the doubts and queries regarding this can be cleared by only one person i,e; Rus himself.

Rus Foster is infamous for starting dirt cheap vps companies with unsustainable prices and business models and flipping the companies/selling them off after a year to make a quick profit.

JVDS
    VPSColo
    A2B2
    CheapVPS
    FSCKVPS
    VAserv
    ThrustVPS
    DamnVPS

Just to name a few of his companies past and present over the last 5+ years.
    Last edited by ramnet; 06-10-2011 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRick View Post

Rick
    Rick,

Pretty sure it was HostDimes datacentre.

EDIT: Didn't see other posts.
    Last edited by Maafia; 06-10-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Unsuprisingly he has not merged iovps yet with thrustvps.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    Yep

He wrote an email about gige I think. Hazenet was operated as a separate brand for a while and he even made some posts himself. I see that it's pointing so i'm wondering if people on the hazenet plans were able to keep the pricing they had?

Francisco
    I am (was) a customer of HazeNet and yes I have been merged into ThrustVPS. Pricing is still the same (for now).

Had a windows vps with Thrust for a month - seemed decent but then that project was put on hold

was considering signing up again but not so sure now - who else would be recommended?

I just sent a PM to Rus. Hopefully we can get him to reply here.

Looks like Rus ignored my PM.

Anyway, I sent in this support ticket:

There are rumors going around that Thrust is else being sold off, or will be going down soon, and that Rus isn't around anymore. Although I'm not sure if these rumors are true or not, I'm a bit worried about my VPS.

Could you explain what is really happening.

Thank you.
    And got this reply from a senior staff member:

I can assure you that Thrust is not going under, sold of or anything of the type, infact the company is growing stronger and stronger by the day. We're a sister company of a Major group within the industry and run two Major brands.

This is all rather strange how Rus has just vanished like this...

Has he passed on, IE Died?

However his tactics of recent are questionable: http://www.asim.pk/2010/08/26/thrust...way-from-them/

Wait what?

Rus sold Thrust & GigeVPS? :/

I would love to hear his side of this, that's crazy he has not responded to this yet either.
    FusionNET Solutions
    OpenVZ & XEN VPS available in US & UK.
    IRC & Adult Allowed, RDNS Control, 24/7 Helpdesk, VPN Ready, Native IPv6 Ready!

Rus never did own Thrust. He was the brand manager of GigeVPS and Thrust::VPS for IOMart. You obviously haven't read the last few posts.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    However his tactics of recent are questionable: http://www.asim.pk/2010/08/26/thrust...way-from-them/
    I think Asim Zeeshan's tactics are even more questionable...reading more about that whole story convinced me that Zeeshan is a pretty sleazy guy trying to make a quick buck based on a typo domain. Not the sort of guy who makes the world a better place. His narrative conveniently leaves out key parts of the story.

Rus F0ster (long time readers here will get that joke) may be a buffoon, but Zeeshan is just pathetic.
    raindog308
    LowEndTalk administrator, LowEndBox editor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast