hosting.ua What are my rites?

Advice Anyone?

Recently a company based in Ukraine have blocked my service. I had a dedicated solution since April this year.

Spamhaus recently reported an issue to the "abuse" department for an event that was reported in the middle of last year for a report submitted July 2010.

The IP has been blacklisted all the time I had it as Google Chrome would flag the IP Address.

I have only just paid my months bill for the next month which is quite a lot and have had just 2 days of this months service.

As I am new and have not sent any spam, what are my rights for refund and the recovery of my data.

I am considering legal action but it's difficult, I am an innocent person and have been victimised.

It is my professional opinion AVOID hosting.ua at ALL costs. Pay extra and check your IP(s) as soon as you receive them against any known blacklist.

I am very disheartened.

Bobby Jo
    Code Acuity

"I am considering legal action" against some russians? good luck

Oh No?

What should I do?

First of all: Ukraine != Russia like Canada != USA.
    Second is - are you did something that produce new Spamhaus listing?
    Or you have been locked out by hosting.ua due to old Spamhaus listing and issue happen before you order your server? In last case just ask for new ip or refund because you are not responsible for old issue of course. If you are not responsible for new Spamhaus listing you don't need do any legal action just ask refund or server replacement/ip reallocation. I am just curious for reason why they lock your server if you did not anything bad. Might be mistake.
    In case if you are somehow responsible for new Spamhaus listing you must read their TOS/AUP because many providers has in their terms server termination by SBL listing.
    TK Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR

Hello rustelekom

The spam listing was June 2010, but their abuse department received an email on the 6th June, and the IP has been blacklisted all the time I have used the service.

Since I have used the service I have not requested a new IP and I should get a refund.

The IP has been blacklisted for months, I have been trying to track it down.

And no . . . I haven't sent out spam on my new server lol. Neither was it hacked or otherwise since I took out the service in April this year.

Thank you for your post.

In such case just touch to their abuse department and explain to them that this is mistake. It is impossible be responsible for case happen in June 2010 while you order server on April 2011. I believe it is just stupid human mistake and could be solved easily.

Note: Unfortunately, most of UA and RU internet service provider have been listed in SBL and most of them still listed even that issue is very old (i could recall some ip which still in active listing from 2006 year or even early). Spamhaus call such network as "dirty block" or "cyber crime" or "spam support" etc. It is mostly Spamhaus specific issue - they are not happy with Russia and Ukraine.

Dear friend

I have contacted security/abuse we've had horns locked ever since.

I'm at the next stage and I'm not sure what to do.

I have contacted the following poeple:

Spamhaus
    hosting.ua

Now I've turned to public support and help.

In reality a false positive was created, and it's consequences were terrible.

Could not say anything more without seeing SBL under question. PM if you want i will look on to it and reply with suggestion.

Don't worry

My ISP / Hosting Provider has already updated the SBL. The data has gone.

It was found here: http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL111757

Any other suggestions?

Failing that? I'll just spread my disappointment with hosting.UA

I'm from Ukraine and I could give them a call for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bob-the-deployer View Post
    I'm from Ukraine and I could give them a call for you.
    They probably won't (and shouldn't) give out information a third party.

Contact Spamhouse and invistigate the real reasons of getting your IP blacklisted. It seems the only way to get some arguments.
    Good luck

hmmm...

SBL111757
    213.155.29.144/32 hosting.ua
    06-Jun-2011 19:39 GMT
    SpyEye collector @213.155.29.144

The blacklisting was only implimented the 6th of June 2011.
    UKDirectHost: Dedicated Servers in the UK, USA, Germany, France and Netherlands.
    Cheap Dedicated Servers | PEER 1 Partner
    Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards, 2Checkout, UK Bank Transfers, Moneybookers.
    FraudRecord, a collaborative effort to keep track of bad clients. Protects you from known spammers and fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by UKDirectHost View Post
    hmmm...

SBL111757
    213.155.29.144/32 hosting.ua
    06-Jun-2011 19:39 GMT
    SpyEye collector @213.155.29.144

The blacklisting was only implimented the 6th of June 2011.
    Yes I don't understand?

I have security software on there anyway (Immunet cloud) so if that was the case why was the first report date from last year.

Why would my up to date security software not pick it up?

As far as I know the SpamEye backend runs on linux as a daemon?? Is this true.

I must point out my server is Windows 2008 which is unaffected as far as I know.

I've just proven my innocence woohoo.

It wasn't my computer, it was the one before me!!

I bet I don't get my data or my money

ooooh come on who is crazy enough to host in a spam heaven country ? Ukraine , Russia and similar all spamheavens offcource there ip are blacklisted in fact on my server those WHOLE countrys are blocked why ? nothing off any good comes from there

Calling "Spamheaven" Russia or Ukraine is Spamhaus standard practice. Somehow they do not call as "Spamheaven" South Korea, Brazil and even USA while spam come from those country's in significant amount. Spam as well as crime has not nationality and must be stop anywhere.
    Are given SBL is regards to your server ip's? In such case it is hard for explanation. If your system was Windows and it is infected/compromised it is hard for hosting.ua get this ip address delisted. Because if your server will be still online Spamhaus could "escalate" their listing to whole hosting.ua network which cause big problem for all their clients. If you absolutely believe that you are not responsible for case try wrote to Spamhaus and ask them for help.

Quote Originally Posted by cpanellover View Post
    ooooh come on who is crazy enough to host in a spam heaven country ? Ukraine , Russia and similar all spamheavens offcource there ip are blacklisted in fact on my server those WHOLE countrys are blocked why ? nothing off any good comes from there
    O'rly? Then why don't you block whole US as well?
    ServerAstra.com website / e-mail: info @ serverastra.com
    HU/EU Co-Location / Managed and Unmanaged Cloud & Dedicated servers in Hungary with unmetered connections

Quote Originally Posted by ENELIS View Post
    O'rly? Then why don't you block whole US as well?
    if i do that then my own host can't help me if i need it but be carefull interpreting spam statistics though US shows indeed a large amount of spam BUT those are not 100% correct why ? all .com .net .org domains are counted as us yet they are international domains... I do see an increasing amount of spam coming from the US but i don't have a choice on this one

though any legitimate .ua or .ru user is more then welcome i would even remove the country wide blocks

Quote Originally Posted by cpanellover View Post
    if i do that then my own host can't help me if i need it but be carefull interpreting spam statistics though US shows indeed a large amount of spam BUT those are not 100% correct why ? all .com .net .org domains are counted as us yet they are international domains... I do see an increasing amount of spam coming from the US but i don't have a choice on this one

though any legitimate .ua or .ru user is more then welcome i would even remove the country wide blocks
    YA! ignore the actual numbers and just go with what you believe right?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    YA! ignore the actual numbers and just go with what you believe right?
    if those numbers are 100% correct then.... they aren't or can you proof otherwise ?