Stay away from dedicatedpros.com

We have signed up with dedicatedpros.com the end of March 2011.

All went well, we paid upfront for 3 months. We ordered 2 dedicated servers. The servers were activated shortly thereafter.

On the 28.04.2011 one of our servers just went offline. We contacted dedicatedpros.com via their support as they are never, I mean NEVER available via Skype or telephone. All their numbers link anyways to a skype account.

After 3 days we received a first reply. This was after I have submitted numerous Tickets. I have received following reply:

Code:
    Hello Sir,

I am writing this email due to several notifications we have received from our merchant account provider and our fraud analysis partner.

Due to increased fraudulent activity over the past couple of weeks from your region (attempts on the DedicatedPros store, including white fraud (clients prepay for a few months at a time and end up filing chargebacks/claims for the transactions after their billing period is over), we have decided to launch an inquiry into our client database. Upon review, we have found that:

1. You have placed both of your orders (no. 7320 and 7323) from two different IP addresses belonging to two different ISPs
    2. You are connecting from an IP addresses located in Germany, whilst your billing address is South African

These inconsistencies listed in the assessment are too great for us to overlook, and we cannot take such a risk.

In order to continue providing services to your company, we will need the following:
    - documents verifying your company's legal status
    - a government issued ID of the company owner (or agent authorized to act on behalf of this company)

If we do not receive the aforementioned documents, our billing department will process refunds for the unused lease time.

Best Regards,
    Marcel Gorczynski
    CEO\Founder
    DedicatedPros
    Now, this email we received after we have signed up already, paid, and used the service for one month already. Shouldn't we have received this email upon sign up?

A few days later our second server went offline.

@dedicated pros, you could have at least send us this informtaion prior and not after our service was deactiavted so that we could submit the documents requested by you. We tried to contact you numerous times. Your phones are not being answered and you almost never reply to any emails or tickets. The way you operate is not acceptable and unprofessional.

We have submitted all necessary documentation, and again, no reply, no service activated.

Anyone else here ever dealt with dedicatedpros.com?

At this stage I am annoyed and very pissed off. I have never ever had such issues with any other host.

I would like to mention that we use 2 ISP's here in South Africa. One is MWEB and the other Afrihost. Afrishost is our backup ISP when Mweb is having issues. The IP from germany is also correct. I visted germany form the 22.04 till the 02.05.
    Last edited by 123media; 05-04-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Well I do understand their concern. Can you explain to us why you sign up with 2 different IPs / ISPs and are located in a completely different country? That would also worry me.
    I agree they should have checked this up front, but still it's better to have them check it late than never at all and get into more trouble with the fraud activity these days.

I do agree the communication could have been better, not responding is not really a professional way of working.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

I have changed my first post.

We use 2 ISP's here in South Africa. MWEB is our uncapped account, which comes with downtime here and there. Afrihost is our Backup ISP, which is a capped account.

Well, I was on holiday in germany for 9 days. Will my service be each time suspended if I am visiting a diff country and am logged into the server control panel with a diff IP?

I have submitted them all necessary company documentation that states that we are a legit company.

I am not peed off cause of the fraud part, I am more annoyed of the way they handled the situation and that they are not reachable via phones or email.

Hmmm... just had another thread about dedicatedpros.com yesterday about him being scammed. I guess this is starting to become a trend. Erm... better watch out.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1044984
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Thanks audat2.

Funny that the other persons server was also just active for one month, even though they paid for 6.

I have also sent this forum thread to the ceo of dedicated pros. No response from them whatsoever. Not via email or here, this already shows me that all smells fishy.

Pitty I paid via paypal, it is going to be a long process until I see my money again.

Quote Originally Posted by 123media View Post
    Pitty I paid via paypal, it is going to be a long process until I see my money again.
    I have just opened a PayPal dispute since it looks like I too have fallen victim to their scam. Although in my case I am a new customer who simply signed up, paid and then never heard anything back.

In my PayPal claim I have included the URL to the other thread about DedicatedPros on this forum. Perhaps you could try doing the same, assuming/hoping that PayPal's staff will take this into consideration when reviewing our claims?

I have also lodged a Paypal dispute.

I am now going to contact OVH and see if I can get someone to help me/us.

I am now going to contact OVH and see if I can get someone to help me/us.
    Yes, I am thinking of doing that as well. I'm not holding my breath though, considering that OVH doesn't deal with US customers.

How are you going to contact them? I've got their UK email address (customersupport@ovh.co.uk) but I know they are based in France, so maybe there is a better way to reach them?

Quote Originally Posted by Giov View Post
    Yes, I am thinking of doing that as well. I'm not holding my breath though, considering that OVH doesn't deal with US customers.

How are you going to contact them? I've got their UK email address (customersupport@ovh.co.uk) but I know they are based in France, so maybe there is a better way to reach them?

Try emailing their ireland branch instead. They deal with US customers just fine. The website is http://ovh.ie

Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    Try emailing their ireland branch instead. They deal with US customers just fine.
    Many thanks! That will also come in handy if I can order servers directly from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Giov View Post
    Many thanks! That will also come in handy if I can order servers directly from them.
    You can order directly as well

Only thing is that have a scan of your ID card ready, because they will ask for it.

I just gave them a call. I dailed the UK number. They told me to submit all details to abuse(@)ovh.net customersupport(@)ovh.co.uk

They will then look into it.

A OVH rep has contacted me and I have received following reply:
    Thank you for your email, dedicatedpros.com is an unofficial reseller. Currently OVH do not have any official resellers.

Following the information you have supplied we have reactivated your server for a few days to give you time to get the data off, we recommend you contact your payment provider and file a dispute and maybe even contact the police.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Neil

OVH.co.uk
    At least I can get my data off the one Box.

Just a quick follow up.

Paypal has refunded me the money..

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $269.57 USD and this amount has been credited to you.
    and

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $219.03 USD and this amount has been credited to you.
    @ Giov, any new news on your side?

Just a quick follow up.

Paypal has refunded me the money..

You are lucky :-)

It seems paypal knows the history of dedicatedpros already.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Refunded here too.

Can confirm for xSubzer0x that he's got his money back too

I'm glad everything worked out and you got your money back, I hope your able to find a better solution for you.

If you provide us your requirements, we can maybe help you find a better solution for you, that you wouldn't have this problem..
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Hi Guys,
    I pay for 3 month in-advance and I found later after my server got disconnected that they only pay for 2 month to OVH. I'm in the same trouble now but the problem is that my whole important on the server and the server went down. So anyone can advise how I can deal with the situation?
    I tried to contact OVH and DedicatedPros through all the possible ways but I got no answer at all .

Quote Originally Posted by 5need View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I pay for 3 month in-advance and I found later after my server got disconnected that they only pay for 2 month to OVH. I'm in the same trouble now but the problem is that my whole important on the server and the server went down. So anyone can advise how I can deal with the situation?
    I tried to contact OVH and DedicatedPros through all the possible ways but I got no answer at all .
    OVH has no contract with you, the contract is between them and DedicatedPros. Which means that if DedicatedPros doesn't provide any service, there are not many options left. My advise would be to contact the UK department which has the most friendly staff in my opinion. E-mail: support@ovh.co.uk

I am guessing you need the server reactivated to make a backup, am I right? If not, it's sad to say but the month you've paid for is gone as snow for the sun.
    Anyhow run as fast as you can to the payment processor, probably PayPal and create a dispute.

On a side note, servers won't be instantly recycled. If no payment comes in the server will remain active for 4-6 days with the network switch turned off. So you can't access the server, but your data isn't gone yet.
    SolidSRV Internet Solutions | OVH France HQ
    Unmetered Bandwidth with every server
    sales@solidsrv.com | +31 233-020-200

@ Giov, any new news on your side?
    I got my refund from PayPal as well, after Dedicatedpros failed to reply to my open dispute within 10 days.

Glad to hear things were resolved quickly for everyone.

wow is all I can say they should have at least offered a 24 notice to correct any issues. of course if you did not have any issue and were already paid up then I am unsure what their worry was
    www.Hostd8.com "Where the client comes first!"
    Ultra Fast Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    Ultra Fast VPS's
    Budget Line Shared Hosting

Looks like their website is down now too...
    Jon Stephenson

Thank you very much for the info, audat2

Could anyone explain what the write way to get the refund from PayPal?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5need View Post
    Could anyone explain what the write way to get the refund from PayPal?
    Thanks
    documentation! any and all document that you have sent emails this will be conversation 100% of the time
    www.Hostd8.com "Where the client comes first!"
    Ultra Fast Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    Ultra Fast VPS's
    Budget Line Shared Hosting