Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SnelServer Reviews?

Does anyone have any reviews on SnelServer? They seem like a reliable and cheap company but I just wanna be sure their legit.

www.snelserver.com is their URL.
      0 Not allowed!

We use then for some of the NL nodes however after literally months of searching with a strict criteria as we wanted to move out of Germany we came over Snel IS / snelserver.com

Have worked with around 10 - 15 DC's over the last few years for various projects and they are the new number one for us.

There is a guy that works there call Wouter who will go above any beyond the call of duty as in 5 OS reinstalls in 1 day without any issue at all (sorry about that Wouter)

Not the biggest DC in the world I guess but big enough to be sure they are not going to disappear tomorrow.

Network is spot on and the gbit ports are inexpensive.

Happy to vouch for them and a pleasure working with them.
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU
      0 Not allowed!

i'm watching them on stopforumspam seems like another one who isn't to fast in shutting down spammers ....
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TXT-Hosting View Post
    SnelServer has been operating for a very long time as ServerFFS (http://www.serverffs.com). They were providing instant dedicated at http://www.instantdedi.com too.

You'll soon come to realise how impatient and rude Wouter can get. But if you can manage your server mostly alone and don't need to hassle support too often then they offer great setup, price and stability that can't be matched.

They're legit alright... just I'm warning you.. their support ISN'T.
    Erm hang on.... they are unmanaged what support are you talking about?

Wouter has been a star and gone above any beyond many times.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cpanellover View Post
    i'm watching them on stopforumspam seems like another one who isn't to fast in shutting down spammers ....
    We have implemented an abuse system that requires our customers to resolve the problem within 24 hours, else their server is disconnected from the network (until they provide feedback).
    If you have any IP addresses that are abusive, please send an e-mail to abuse@snelis.com and it's taken care of right away.
    We absolutely do not want spammers in our network and would much appreciate if you could report them.

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by bear; 10-19-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    Snel.com Self-managed hosting provider
    Cloud VPS ★ Dedicated Servers ★ Colocation★
    Send an email to sales@snel.com. Call us at +31 88 3 088 099.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by backtogeek View Post
    Network is spot on and the gbit ports are inexpensive.
    The network used has only 2 gigabit transit - fyi.
    i3D.net (www.i3d.net) - Contact our sales team at: sales@i3d.net
    Global leader in Performance Hosting with global reach: https://www.i3d.net/one-platform/locations/
    Network and servers present on 35+ internet exchanges, 6 continents and 20 countries
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by interactive3d View Post
    The network used has only 2 gigabit transit - fyi.
    We are not using the We-Dare network for our dedicated servers, so please do not post facts that simply are not true
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Snel IS View Post
    We are not using the We-Dare network for our dedicated servers, so please do not post facts that simply are not true
    What is the new network AS number? Or test IP? The IP listed on your website is still the we-dare network with 2 gbit transit capacity.
    i3D.net (www.i3d.net) - Contact our sales team at: sales@i3d.net
    Global leader in Performance Hosting with global reach: https://www.i3d.net/one-platform/locations/
    Network and servers present on 35+ internet exchanges, 6 continents and 20 countries
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by interactive3d View Post
    What is the new network AS number? Or test IP? The IP listed on your website is still the we-dare network with 2 gbit transit capacity.
    The AS number is AS42267 with a 10 gbit transit at this time (upgraded a few weeks ago).
      0 Not allowed!

I have customer experience and I can confirm that Wouter isn't such a "star" at all.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Strika View Post
    I have customer experience and I can confirm that Wouter isn't such a "star" at all.
    You are/have been a customer of SnelServer? If so, could you please reply to this thread or report your post with your server IP?
    If you have not been a customer, please do not place a review about our customer support. Thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

have had 100% uptime, few issues with DDOS but that cant be blamed on SnelIS

Suspect the bad comments come from those that expect management for an unmanaged price.

Perhaps those who feel otherwise should post some ticket numbers to allow them to respond?
      0 Not allowed!

I have had no direct experience with them only with ServerFFS, infact i believe they are using qweb datacentre for their servers i might be wrong though.

Wouter is not the best person in the world but he does the job.
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkslayz View Post
    Does anyone have any reviews on SnelServer? They seem like a reliable and cheap company but I just wanna be sure their legit.

www.snelserver.com is their URL.
    Hi,

I cannot seem to find any. A quick google search tells me that there are a lot of people trying to find out the same thing.

Regards
    PacketVM Limited
    Shared Hosting [UK/USA/SG] | SSD VPS [USA/NL] | Storage VPS [NL] | Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kelso View Post
    Hello everyone
    I just wanted to advice every person who want to keep his online business safe to avoid this web hosting service.
    Down times are so frequent that you forget what was the answer to the previous ticket
    We are getting DDoS attacks as frequently as every 2 hours, which are specifically aimed at taking down our corerouter.
    An engineer has been working through the night to configure a brand new router to replace it.
    He's enroute to the datacenter as we speak to install this new router.

I'm very sorry for the unreliable network, and we are working as fast as possible to get it stable again.
    Please do open a support ticket for compensation because of this.
      0 Not allowed!

I just want to add to this, I have servers with Snel IS, and yes there have been increasingly frequent but brief outages due to these attacks.

It is important to remember that every provider even the big boys are going to have issues at some sort of issue at some point and I think the most important thing is how they choose to respond.

I have to say I am impressed with the response, there was clearly a plan in place, compensation was offered and a friendly and professional manner (Despite my probably rude inbound communications)

It is all to easy to kick when they are down but when they are up I don't get better service anywhere else.
      0 Not allowed!

What is the refund policy of this company ?
    Does anyone get refunded ?
      0 Not allowed!

See section 20 of the terms.
      0 Not allowed!

Very bad network, bad support + the guy wouter isn't nice at all, rude etc.

EDIT:

I just tested their network and it seems they still have packetloss, they were claiming that it was fixed. Lies lies.
    Last edited by SynWeb; 07-27-2011 at 12:50 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SynWeb View Post
    Very bad network, bad support + the guy wouter isn't nice at all, rude etc.

EDIT:

I just tested their network and it seems they still have packetloss, they were claiming that it was fixed. Lies lies.
    Thanks for your very short review, maybe you could elaborate on the very bad network and bad support?
    As we've discussed in this thread, there have been numerous DDoS attacks in the past few months that has taken our network down several times.

Regarding your packet loss, as you can see in our public uptime report, there has been no packet loss in the past week, except switch #1 for 1 minute on the 23rd of July:
    http://stats.pingdom.com/4f7778c0p6qo
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Snel IS View Post
    Regarding your packet loss, as you can see in our public uptime report, there has been no packet loss in the past week, except switch #1 for 1 minute on the 23rd of July:
    http://stats.pingdom.com/4f7778c0p6qo
    It's nice to see when a provider has stats like this to prove otherwise...
    UKDirectHost: Dedicated Servers in the UK, USA, Germany, France and Netherlands.
    Cheap Dedicated Servers | PEER 1 Partner
    Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards, 2Checkout, UK Bank Transfers, Moneybookers.
    FraudRecord, a collaborative effort to keep track of bad clients. Protects you from known spammers and fraud.
      0 Not allowed!

Angry

Terrible DC. I've rented a server in Snel, and need to install FreeBSD as server's OS. They said, that we can do it only booting with KVM's virtual drive. This method does not work, so I ask them to boot from real flash- or cd-drive. They said that they will not, and it is just my problem, that I have slow uploading speed. Then I requested a moneyback, but they said that there will be no refunds. So they give me server without OS, that I need, and without any possibility to install it. So they just stole my money.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by managa View Post
    Terrible DC. I've rented a server in Snel, and need to install FreeBSD as server's OS. They said, that we can do it only booting with KVM's virtual drive. This method does not work, so I ask them to boot from real flash- or cd-drive. They said that they will not, and it is just my problem, that I have slow uploading speed. Then I requested a moneyback, but they said that there will be no refunds. So they give me server without OS, that I need, and without any possibility to install it. So they just stole my money.
    Our site mentions that you have to install it through the KVM. Our engineers have tested the KVM on your server and it is working without any issues.
    If your upload speed is too slow, you can use the KVM through a VPS/Dedi or you can pick the many OSes we offer with our automated reinstallation system.
      0 Not allowed!

^ Snel has a fair point.

My experience of SNEL has been great,
    Great automation, fast setup and clients loved it.
      0 Not allowed!

2 points on this.

1) @ managa do you think it is ok to register an account just to reply to a year old thread, I hope the mods take a dim view of this

2) @ Snel the KVM system you have is not very good at all, you have to know the exact combination of browser, when to start pressing buttons while the screen is black etc, I have the exact same IMPI version with another dedi company that is not as locked down as yours and do not have the same issues, so maybe managa has some ground here.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast