Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

iMAC or Macbook pro?

Hi,

I still cant decide, should I get iMac or Macbook Pro?

Most of my friends asked me to get iMac due to the specifications and prices (even some store said that)

But Macbook looks sexy

I dont play games, basically just for working usage.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    Hi,

Most of my friends asked me to get iMac due to the specifications and prices (even some store said that)

But Macbook looks sexy

Why not Windows? It would defintely do your work and save you some cash.

iMac or Macbook Pro

http://bradwelltv.com/bradley/imac-v...d-portability/

I got one of the new 2011 macbook pro 13 inch models a couple months ago. I love being able to sit on the couch and work

I had an imac before, but the part of being held down to my desk I disliked.

Hi,

But Macbook looks sexy

neither - instead a top tier acer that will give you multiples of the performance for fractions of the price.

if you choose your model right, you can even get the 'oooh shineeey' factor.

Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    neither - instead a top tier acer that will give you multiples of the performance for fractions of the price.

if you choose your model right, you can even get the 'oooh shineeey' factor.
    Can you lead me one such model mate.

How big of a screen do you want? I've got a 24" iMac on my desk and absolutely love it. But I still have my mobile laptop with Ubuntu on it for when I'm on the go, or as makaze said above... Sometimes you just want to work on the couch!

I've had it since 2007 and it's the only personal computer I've never had the urge to smash with my baseball bat at one point in time!
    █ Pentester & IT Security Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Why not Windows? It would defintely do your work and save you some cash.

iMac or Macbook Pro

http://bradwelltv.com/bradley/imac-v...d-portability/
    I just bought an i5 acer laptop 6 months ago.

I wanna have the feel of Mac OS.

Thanks for the link

i prefer to choose iMac because i'm not a mobile person. and i already have macbook (late 2007) so the desktop one (iMac) is my next computer.
    Carstensz Pyramid Server
    ...:::::: KVM |||| VPS ::::::...

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Can you lead me one such model mate.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ED&PageSize=20

I just bought an i5 acer laptop 6 months ago.

I wanna have the feel of Mac OS.

Thanks for the link
    why not buy another acer, format the drive, and install osx, therefore dodging the dastardly inflated mac price ?

Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ED&PageSize=20

why not buy another acer, format the drive, and install osx, therefore dodging the dastardly inflated mac price ?
    Is Mac OSX available for download legally with some price tag?

i dont know. but there were people around the net hacking their pcs with osx

I've got a 27" iMac. I love it. Although, I do dread having to disassemble it when the hard drive eventually fails.

PS: You might want to check out the refurbished section on the Apple website. I never buy brand new Apple stuff.

We use iMacs which are great but my MacBook Pro is fantastic and really powerful for a laptop. If you think you might go out with it for any reason then MBP would be your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by ericgregory View Post
    I've got a 27" iMac. I love it. Although, I do dread having to disassemble it when the hard drive eventually fails.

PS: You might want to check out the refurbished section on the Apple website. I never buy brand new Apple stuff.
    I dont really like to purchase refurbished item as i believe it's more worth it to buy a new one.

Apple Singapore offers $200 discounts for student in college on Macbook Pro but I am not in college, i wanna try to purchase it but I am worried that they might catch me. I asked the staff via phone and he said they MIGHT ask me to verify my identity.

It all depends on your needs really. I would rather go for a Macbook Pro 13" with an external monitor when in the office, so I can carry it around when on the move.

Should you decide to go with iMac please be aware of the overheating and dust behind the screen glass issues with previous 27" models. New ones are still to prove whether this was fixed or not.

All in all, speaking from my perspective, I'd rather go for an i5 13" MBP, but it really depends on your needs and requirements.

I have both an a 2011 iMac and a 2011 Macbook Pro. I love both.

If you had to choose one, I say get a MacBook Pro 13" for portability and plug it into a large monitor if you need a big screen with high resolution.
    Hycloud is a Journalist, CEO, teacher, scientist, mathematician, engineer, economist, web developer, graphics designer, computer programmer, system administrator

I would go for the macbook pro over the imac.. you might want to wait until Lion comes out -- there will probably be an announcement about that on June 6th.

I want to get a 15" macbook pro, with high res and anti-glare screen.. but not in a big rush, so holding out for the Lion release.
    Blesta - The Billing Platform for Hosting Providers
    Client Management, Billing, & Support Software
    Trial - Demo | 714-923-7325 | Twitter @blesta

Do you plan on traveling with it a lot or stay at your desk?

If you plan on staying at your desk then IMac all the way! Design firms here locally all have iMacs, some have Macbook Pros however not for their main pc for designing.

Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    I would go for the macbook pro over the imac.. you might want to wait until Lion comes out -- there will probably be an announcement about that on June 6th.

I want to get a 15" macbook pro, with high res and anti-glare screen.. but not in a big rush, so holding out for the Lion release.
    Don't bother. Lion won't be release until like late August or September. I'm hoping Lion can be purchased around $30.

You can alway wait till June 6th for WWDC I guess.
    Hycloud is a Journalist, CEO, teacher, scientist, mathematician, engineer, economist, web developer, graphics designer, computer programmer, system administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Active View Post
    Do you plan on traveling with it a lot or stay at your desk?

If you plan on staying at your desk then IMac all the way! Design firms here locally all have iMacs, some have Macbook Pros however not for their main pc for designing.
    I love to work on desk but sometimes when I get tired I would carry my laptop all around my house. If i were to compare by Specifications and pricing, iMac is more worth it. But I dont use it for heavy usage, mainly for work purposes (emails/browsing/msn/skype only).

Can I know, do you think macbook pro 13inch is heavy or light enough to carry all around?

DH just ordered a new iMac 27" with an i7 processor and a 2TB drive yesterday, I use a Mac Pro myself. The new iMacs with i5 and i7 CPUs are very, very nice and they could be the fastest all-in-one computers out there.

Definitely go for the 27" iMac, you'll use it for years and years.
    Skeptic Hosting
    Promoting a reality-based lifestyle choice
    Hosting by invitation only, nothing for sale

Quote Originally Posted by srider View Post
    DH just ordered a new iMac 27" with an i7 processor and a 2TB drive yesterday, I use a Mac Pro myself. The new iMacs with i5 and i7 CPUs are very, very nice and they could be the fastest all-in-one computers out there.

Definitely go for the 27" iMac, you'll use it for years and years.
    What about the cost of iMacs i5 and i7 CPUs. Any idea about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Caspir View Post
    What about the cost of iMacs i5 and i7 CPUs. Any idea about that?
    apple store might assist you.

I would def. go with the iMac, I debated time and time again what I should get, but I had a laptop before and it was so weird working on it at time's, so I decided I wanted a iMac because it was big and I could sit at a desk with it. It all come's to person prefrence, seem's too me like your leaning twards the MB-Pro; i'd go with your gut, because if you don't you'll regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by kyle-tilthosting View Post
    I would def. go with the iMac, I debated time and time again what I should get, but I had a laptop before and it was so weird working on it at time's, so I decided I wanted a iMac because it was big and I could sit at a desk with it. It all come's to person prefrence, seem's too me like your leaning twards the MB-Pro; i'd go with your gut, because if you don't you'll regret it!
    It's a hard choice, the first half of this thread recommend MBP and now another half is recommending iMac.

Still confused though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast