Review: VPSLATCH

I am user of VPSLatch for last 45 days. I took M1024 configured and managed VPS server located in Netherland.

Initially, the first 15 days all flowed very easily, the server is configured quickly (though never completely) and was working stable. After first 15 days of use server was suddenly very much slower in working. Occasionally it happens a few minutes of downtime.

But everything is spoiled in the last 6 days. My server has a total of 18 hours of downtime. First 5 hours was in Friday, and the remaining 12 hours started yesterday, and server is still offline. Worst of all is VPSLatch customer service, who do not respond to my posts, or for some reason they deleted or closed my posts, or they answer to every fifth my post with only apology.

My server is still offline, I can not get to your data, do not know when it will be online, customer service ignore my posts and refused to return me my money.

My recommendation is to bypass VPSLatch hosting, unless you want a web host with more then 18 hours of downtime in 6 days.

Since hostdime acquired vpslatch, have you been contacting hostdime support? I'm not sure how the support transition happened exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by gogsy77 View Post
    I am user of VPSLatch for last 45 days. I took M1024 configured and managed VPS server located in Netherland.

Initially, the first 15 days all flowed very easily, the server is configured quickly (though never completely) and was working stable. After first 15 days of use server was suddenly very much slower in working. Occasionally it happens a few minutes of downtime.

But everything is spoiled in the last 6 days. My server has a total of 18 hours of downtime. First 5 hours was in Friday, and the remaining 12 hours started yesterday, and server is still offline. Worst of all is VPSLatch customer service, who do not respond to my posts, or for some reason they deleted or closed my posts, or they answer to every fifth my post with only apology.

My server is still offline, I can not get to your data, do not know when it will be online, customer service ignore my posts and refused to return me my money.

My recommendation is to bypass VPSLatch hosting, unless you want a web host with more then 18 hours of downtime in 6 days.
    Which post are you talking about? Are you trying to contact VPSLatch through there forum? Do they offer support through it? Have you tried the help desk?
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Since hostdime acquired vpslatch, have you been contacting hostdime support? I'm not sure how the support transition happened exactly.
    No, I have not contacted HostDime.

About technical support, is it normal that I don't have any answer for the last 8 hours on post on core.vpslatch technical support?
    Is it normal for the post in which I seek a refund of money disappears from core.vpslatch technical support?

And the best, my server is still offline....

12 hours and counting

gogsy77,

I apologize for any downtime you have seen. This Netherlands server was inherited to us when we acquired vpslatch and the node itself has been giving us some raid array issues. We are in the process of migrating those clients to one of our nodes to avoid these exact issues. You must have signed up before the transition we been working on getting all these VPS migrated. In fact if you go to our site you will see that you can not order an Netherlands VPS because of this exact issue to avoid any more installs on the unstable older nodes. Please don't think we ignore or delete your posts to the tickets. The system admins are working dearly to resolve this issue and every time you reply back to your ticket it goes to the bottom of the queue as a new request. Accounting isn't open 24x7 so we are not neglecting to give you a refund it is that your request is pending. We will be happy to refund you any amount you paid in good faith and move you to another node. Please email me directly at manny.v @ hostdime.com your direct contact info please.

One thing I can assure is we have a great reputation here and by no means want you to feel this way. We will do everything to turn this around for you without a doubt.
    Last edited by HostDime; 05-11-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Which post are you talking about? Are you trying to contact VPSLatch through there forum? Do they offer support through it? Have you tried the help desk?
    Im talking about posts at core.vpslatch technical support.

core.vpslatch.net

Quote Originally Posted by HostDime View Post
    gogsy77,

I apologize for any downtime you have seen. This Netherlands server was inherited to us when we acquired vpslatch and the node itself has been giving us some raid array issues. We are in the process of migrating those clients to one of our nodes to avoid these exact issues. You must have signed up before the transition we been working on getting all these VPS migrated. Please don't think we ignore or delete your posts to the tickets. The system admins are working dearly to resolve this issue and every time you reply back toe your ticket it goes to the bottom of the queue as a new request. Accounting isn't open 24x7 so we are not neglecting to give you a refund it is that your request is pending. We will be happy to refund you any amount you paid in good faith and move you to another node. Please email me directly at manny.v @ hostdime.com your direct contact info please.

One thing I can assure is we have a great reputation here and by no means want you to feel this way. We will do everything to turn this around for you without a doubt.
    Manny, where is my post "MONEY REFUND" that I started yesterday? It is deleted from core.vpslatch customer support site.
    Why nobody answer to my posts for last 8 hours. It is called poor quality of doing business or ignoring users.
    Will send you e-amil.

Hey,

my vps is also down and been down for more than 12 hours aswell, I'm still waiting to get it fixed but no luck.

Server is offline 13 hours and counting...

Still no answer from VSPLatch support servise.
    Still no answer on mail from Manny V. from HostDime.

Manny, where is my post "MONEY REFUND" that I started yesterday? It is deleted from core.vpslatch customer support site.
    Why nobody answer to my posts for last 8 hours. It is called poor quality of doing business or ignoring users.
    Will send you e-amil.
    We don't delete any posts, most likely it was merged if you opened multiple tickets however it is 3am here I will check your tickets in detail tomorrow in the office. I also explained above when you keep replying back to the ticket it puts some delay as tickets are answered in longest waiting first. Also I mentioned above the raid array is having file system errors and we are working diligently to rebuild this
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

Quote Originally Posted by CostelVision View Post
    Hey,

my vps is also down and been down for more than 12 hours aswell, I'm still waiting to get it fixed but no luck.
    I assume you are on the NL based node as well? Please send me your info as well
    | Colombia |

It has been down for 12 hours ... that's really much!!!!

Server is offline 14 hours and counting...

Manny V. from HostDime answered after my last post, said that need to wait few more hours to fix problem. Refund is now possible after I opened this topic

Latest reply I got is this:

Hello,

We very sorry for the delay and for the inconvenience this issue has caused. At this time, we are still awaiting response from the Netherlands datacenter. As soon as we have more information, we will update this ticket. Regarding a transfer to a different server, this is something that we would be able to arrange once we have regained access to your account. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, and will update you again as soon as possible.

Regards,

Corey K.
    Support Supervisor

--

Looks like they are still waiting for the netherland datacenter to get back to them.

I have heard alot about HostDime/VPSlatch, so I'm sure they will fix this and make sure this doesn't happen again.

I think the problem is from the DC's side and not VPS/HostDime

Server is offline 15 hours and counting...

Good news:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. At this time, the main node has booted and VEs are coming back online. Your server should be fully online within the next 5 to 10 minutes barring any additional issues. We will update this ticket again shortly with further information regarding the cause of the downtime and what was done to correct the issues.

Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you,

Corey K.
    Support Supervisor

My sites are back up..

My site is up after 16 hours of downtime!

We'll have to wait for an explanation..

Angry

This VPS hosting have worth support. Am sure 100%, cause they ban out C-net (!) of one of my ip addresses, only for that i can't login for few times.

Also - even when asked tech dont unban, so i can't work normally and was need to use other connection i have.

So i - repost this topic in FB and will know this ancient to every client who will ask me about VPS.

Also - i see this VPS host was unavailable for last night (EU loc) from 3 my different connections.

Don't use tham. And reposting to FB.

All, Have happy day, Arsen
    Last edited by softm; 05-11-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CostelVision View Post
    I have heard alot about HostDime/VPSlatch, so I'm sure they will fix this and make sure this doesn't happen again.

I think the problem is from the DC's side and not VPS/HostDime
    The older Netherlands vpslatch nodes where inherited, we are in the process of migrating all the ve's to our nodes within 1 week to avoid any more issues from the current nodes. Thanks for your trust and be sure this is priority for us.
    | Colombia |

Server is offline 14 hours and counting...

Manny V. from HostDime answered after my last post, said that need to wait few more hours to fix problem. Refund is now possible after I opened this topic
    gogsy77,

I actually checked your tickets and you never sent a formal request for credit/refund to accounting until "Posted on May 11, 2011 12:50 am EDT" so I am not sure what you are referring to not honoring your request or us ignoring it.

Also refund/credit is always possible and has nothing to do with this thread. We are a reputable company and have no interest but to always do what is right.
    | Colombia |