Sub-sub-domain question.

Hi guys. I'm sorry if my question is really dumb but I'm a newbie. I have been reading here for a while now, but didn't really ask before doing something. Now, I think i've done something stupid.

I just registered a domain at namecheap.com. My website is hosted at an instance at Amazon EC2. We're using APE (Ajax Push Engine) for one of our services. It requires us to make a catch all for the sub-sub-domain. They made an example:

ape IN A x.x.x.x ; The IP address of your APE server
    *.ape IN CNAME ape

I've setup my namecheap registered domain for the first line. But the second line doesn't seem to work. So i tried their tech support, he said that they don't offer a catch all like

*.subdomain.domain.com

I want to transfer DNS server, is there any good service that can offer this? I'm looking at Amazon Route 53 and no-ip. Can they do this? And which is better? Does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks! I'm really very sad now, because I think there are domain registries that will let me do this, but they wouldn't. So bad.

I'm just wondering about sub-sub-domain you're talking to. I neither encountered nor heard about it before. What exactly is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ivounnerry View Post
    I'm just wondering about sub-sub-domain you're talking to. I neither encountered nor heard about it before. What exactly is it?
    I'm really sorry, I got it all wrong. I didn't know that didn't exist. But i was referring to a catch-all for the subdomain. For example: 1.ape.mydomain.com. The '1' there being the sub-subdomain i was referring 'dumbly'. I'm really sorry. It turned out I just had to try *.mydomain.com (A) channeled to my server IP using namecheap dns tools. Then on nginx on my server, i setup a catch all for a server named *.ape.mydomain.com. Because the APE (Ajax Push Engine) i was using requires me to have addresses such as 0.ape.mydomain.com, to 9.ape.mydomain.com to be addressed to my ape server IP.

I'm sorry I can't help you with this one. Just wait for the other members to read your thread and could help you. I'll also looking forward on their help.