Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HiVelocity and BlueMile

I liked the pricing of both HiVelocity and BlueMile, but I have been hard pressed to find a satisfying amount of reviews on either. If you could post your current or RECENT customer experience with either of the two providers, it would be appreciated.

BlueMIle

A++++ for BlueMIle! My experience with them was great.

i've been with hivelocity for 4 months and so far more than great

I'm looking for a little more than what has been given. Any real information?

Hivelocity is a great place to be. I used to work for them and still do business with them. They just got a new data center in the last few months.

I could tell you a billion testimonials but what's the point? Why do you really need reviews to tell you which to choose? You should be able to make up your mind without even seeing reviews.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

I've been a customer of HiVelocity for about one month. Their sales team, especially Dave, is not only competent in making the sale but also in checking up on your satisfaction and offering in-depth experience about the configuration of the server. The dedicated server my company ordered was setup within 24 hours, just as promised. Unfortunately, there was an unrecoverable file system issue on one of the hard drives in my RAID array within the first couple of days. This wasn't their fault, but the support team, especially Shannon, spent a significant amount of time attempting to recover the error before informing us that the server needed to start fresh. They offered me direct access to the server if desired, they restored the server in very little time and they even extracted the data off the unaffected hard drives in my RAID array so that nothing would be lost. In my opinion, this was a great test of and experience of HiVelocity's willingness to help in a critical situation and provide informative suggestions. The only gripe I have about them right now is that their Sandy Bridge processors won't be available for two more weeks! (haha)

Can I get some information about their network? Any issues, how good is it?

In the past few weeks, we've moved several hundred content management and ecommerce websites to the dedicated server we have on their network. If there were any issues, you wouldn't be hearing any kind praise from me.

Actually, we moved a few international websites onto the server and haven't heard of any complaints about speed. The countries that come to mind include Canada, England and Kyrgyzstan - there are several others though.

Quote Originally Posted by Purely View Post
    Can I get some information about their network? Any issues, how good is it?
    They have multiple gigs of connectivity from multiple carriers. Get on chat with on of their sales guys and they will give you more information.

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    I could tell you a billion testimonials but what's the point? Why do you really need reviews to tell you which to choose? You should be able to make up your mind without even seeing reviews.

so you don't read reviews and review doesn't influence your decision at all? wow...

Quote Originally Posted by shell-box View Post
    They have multiple gigs of connectivity from multiple carriers. Get on chat with on of their sales guys and they will give you more information.
    Our carriers are Level 3, Time Warner, Global Crossing and Cogent. We route all of them via FCP and BGP protocol providing the absolute best path. We do have plans to add another carrier or 2 within the coming months.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

My most recent was about a year ago with Hivelocity. The yare awesome people to work for and was patient with me The network worked for my purposes, so I have no gripes
    1. Mmmmm food...

I've been with Hivelocity for almost 2 years, good price and they are willing to help you out if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by webcitz View Post
    I've been a customer of HiVelocity for about one month. Their sales team, especially Dave, is not only competent in making the sale but also in checking up on your satisfaction and offering in-depth experience about the configuration of the server. The dedicated server my company ordered was setup within 24 hours, just as promised. Unfortunately, there was an unrecoverable file system issue on one of the hard drives in my RAID array within the first couple of days. This wasn't their fault, but the support team, especially Shannon, spent a significant amount of time attempting to recover the error before informing us that the server needed to start fresh. They offered me direct access to the server if desired, they restored the server in very little time and they even extracted the data off the unaffected hard drives in my RAID array so that nothing would be lost. In my opinion, this was a great test of and experience of HiVelocity's willingness to help in a critical situation and provide informative suggestions. The only gripe I have about them right now is that their Sandy Bridge processors won't be available for two more weeks! (haha)
    You have to trust me, I called Dell and placed our order for the Sandy Bridges the first day Dell was taking orders for them. When they gave me an ETA of 5 weeks I nearly fell out of my chair. The good news is we ordered a ton of them and once we get them we should have plenty of stock and no fear of anyone having to wait again. Hopefully Dell gets their production line back in order and gets back to reasonable shipping times.
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.

approaching the end of my first month @ Hivelocity. Server has been working great, had some slight hiccups in the beginning but it was all taken care of. Its great to put my clients back on a server thats local for them allowing their clients to get the best speeds possible.

I'm an eternal pessimist, but even I've been impressed with what I've read about HiVelocity over the past couple years here.

I think I'm going to pick up a HiVelocity dedicated today and transfer some of my shared hosting clients from Softlayer over there and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
    You have to trust me, I called Dell and placed our order for the Sandy Bridges the first day Dell was taking orders for them. When they gave me an ETA of 5 weeks I nearly fell out of my chair. The good news is we ordered a ton of them and once we get them we should have plenty of stock and no fear of anyone having to wait again. Hopefully Dell gets their production line back in order and gets back to reasonable shipping times.
    Why would you use the R210-II with 2 non-hotswap drive bays rather than waiting for the R310-II or using a supermicro server that is less expensive and offers hot-swap capability? The R210-II is a pretty bad choice for a hosting company.
    XLHost.com
    Dedicated Servers, Virtual Private Servers, and more since 1995.
    drew @ xlhost.com

Quote Originally Posted by XLHost View Post
    Why would you use the R210-II with 2 non-hotswap drive bays rather than waiting for the R310-II or using a supermicro server that is less expensive and offers hot-swap capability? The R210-II is a pretty bad choice for a hosting company.
    We buy direct from SuperMicro as well as Dell. 90% of the SM chassis we put online have 4 hot swap drive bays even when someone orders only 1 drive. We try to make it simple for future growth needs. So long story short, if someone wants a SuperMicro chassis with hot swap we can offer that...just not with Sandy Bridge....yet! This all being said, the Dell R210 has been a fantastic server for us and we sell the you know what out of them.
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.

You're correct that they work fine, but if hot swap isn't a requirement then why not use the C5220? They offer much better density the same exact hardware configuration and have built in power/kvm?
    XLHost.com
    Dedicated Servers, Virtual Private Servers, and more since 1995.
    drew @ xlhost.com

Quote Originally Posted by XLHost View Post
    You're correct that they work fine, but if hot swap isn't a requirement then why not use the C5220? They offer much better density the same exact hardware configuration and have built in power/kvm?
    I will check into it.
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.

+1 for Hivelocity.
    PRESSD - Dynamic WordPress Hosting v2 is in BETA status, set to launch 1st q 2019.
    PRESSD is an OKTANE.COMPANY

For what it's worth, ordered that server this afternoon. Sales process was smooth and the sales person I dealt with (Drew) was attentive and answered all of my questions well enough.

We have a couple of servers at HiVelocity and are 100% happy. Glad you dealt with Drew - he's very helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast