Problem with PureFTPD after upgrade

Ok, so I upgraded yesterday to WHM version 11.28.87, current release version. The upgrade went fine, it went ahead and upgraded PureFTP and Exim while it was at it.

So after the upgrade FTPD won't start, and here is the error I am getting:

Starting pure-config.pl: Running: /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd -O clf:/var/log/xferlog --daemonize -A -c50 -B -C8 -D -E -fftp -H -I15 -lextauth:/var/run/ftpd.sock -L2000:8 -m4 -p30000:50000 -s -U133:022 -u100 -i -Oxferlog:/usr/local/apache/domlogs/ftpxferlog -k99 -Z -Y1 -JHIGH:MEDIUM:+TLSv1:!SSLv2:+SSLv3
    /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd: error while loading shared libraries: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic linker
    [FAILED]
    Starting pure-authd: /usr/sbin/pure-authd: error while loading shared libraries: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic linker
    Now my provider of the VPS says they are unable to fix this and they need to reinstall my container and that I have to backup all my clients accounts and they will trash it. Well that's easily two days downtime, that is not possible.

Any ideas as to what caused this problem and a way to fix it?

Ok finally got it working running:

/scripts/ftpup pureftpd --force

But I still don't know why it would have done it since it originally installed from CPANEL upgrader. But it's working now, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreak53 View Post
    But I still don't know why it would have done it since it originally installed from CPANEL upgrader.
    Maybe the version in the CP update is outdated?

my provider of the VPS says they are unable to fix this and they need to reinstall my container
    Interesting, that, considering how simple it was.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Was it a managed VPS or was it Unmanaged? If it was managed, I would have smacked the provider left and right cause they should have fixed that for you instead of trying to take the easy way out.

Reinstall if things don't work out. That's the perfect solution everytime. LOL!
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    Was it a managed VPS or was it Unmanaged? If it was managed, I would have smacked the provider left and right cause they should have fixed that for you instead of trying to take the easy way out.

Reinstall if things don't work out. That's the perfect solution everytime. LOL!
    It's fully managed that's the problem. This happens constantly with HostIcan. They have a problem and ALWAYS say, make backups and we will reinstall.

But that's what they said, make your backups and we will re-install container. That's like 2 days downtime for something that was that simple! ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by jfreak53 View Post
    This happens constantly with HostIcan. They have a problem and ALWAYS say, make backups and we will reinstall.
    And yet you stay with them?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Well I just tried last week to switch to a new VPS provider, one I already have a VPS with and love them and their service, and the other VPS didn't hold up to the speed and resources I needed, it took a dump ha ha ha

And I'm not at the place where dedicated is cost effective yet. So unfortunately I am stuck for right now.