Thread: Gigenet down?

Gigenet down?

I can't access my servers or gigenet.com/manage.gigenet.com

Anyone know what's going on?

I can view Gigenet just fine but some of my users in Canada are reporting trouble accessing resources hosted there and Gigenet.com.

I can't reach their site or my servers from an At&T internet connection. I can get their using a proxy. Some people can access and some can't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prohacker View Post
    I can view Gigenet just fine but some of my users in Canada are reporting trouble accessing resources hosted there and Gigenet.com.
    Ah, well that makes sense. I'm in Canada. Some of my users complaining about no connectivity are also in Canada.

Down for us too. I talked to tech support, and it's likely something happening at the network level. I let them know there's a thread on WHT, so hopefully someone will shoot a quick update our way

FYI, we're in Northeast Ohio, on uVerse, and cannot access any servers, nor are we able to ping gigenet.com. manage.gigenet.com is down for us as well. We've gotten reports of full failure from Canada as well.

Hope that's helpful to the techs!

All my services at gigenet started to timeout then its all dead.

Kinda bad, like in very bad

And I'm getting reports things are starting to flow again. I can trace back from our Gigenet servers into IPs that were unreachable in Canada a few minutes ago.

I'm in midwestern USA and couldn't access any of our stuff (ping or otherwise) and gigenet.com and manage.gigenet.com were down for me as well. Loading for me now though. Looking at the router stats, looks like whatever it was took out about 35% of our traffic for about 25 mins.

We should be ok now. We have a problem with one of our 10Gbps circuits and a little congestion and the existing routes going through the 10Gbps circuit caused some of the problems. We jumped on it and it should be fixed now.

I'm not noticing any of the weird issues I had momentarily when it originally happened. The good news is the failover works without too many issues. We'll have the other circuit back up shortly. I hope everyone understands we have no control over when this 10Gbps circuit will return but we are escalating to the 3rd degree.

I'm getting everything up and running just fine again. 15-20 minutes of downtime total at the DC level in the past 2-1/2 years (all of it today). I'm going to try not to lose too much sleep over that

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
    I'm getting everything up and running just fine again. 15-20 minutes of downtime total at the DC level in the past 2-1/2 years (all of it today). I'm going to try not to lose too much sleep over that
    Without a doubt. Roughly three years here and this is the first time anything unplanned has really ever happened.

We put a lot of effort and thought in to disaster recovery and the equipment we purchase. I'm glad you guys understand these things happen.. We just limit the problem with planning.