Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlZimmer View Post
    The Terms of Service is explicitly linked to on our online order form, every page of our web site, and in all written contracts. This sort of circumstance where it was handled personally by a sales staff member is not a common/standard occurrence and we will make sure that such customers are made aware of the terms leading forward.

To note, we have also adjusted our past due notices to make it more clear that the entire account would be suspended.
    Right but you can see where the customer gets the confusion they have not accepted a ToS when it's not explicitly given to them - which in this case sounds the same. Either way however I would imagine you have provisions even on your invoices which clearly indicate your terms. It was simply a note that this is a potential oversight on your part which may need extra clarification.

Either way the customer is in the wrong.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    I have never been to a company (out of the 9+ I've tried out) that has billing practices like this.
    Personally, I find it hard to believe you've only dealt with companies that will continue providing you service even though your account is past due, past the agreed terms.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    I have never been to a company (out of the 9+ I've tried out) that has billing practices like this.
    Could you name these 9 dedicated server companies that do not have such billing practices? i like to repeat what i earlier said in this thread: to cancel all services under one account, when the account falls due, is common business practice in this industry.
    I would not be able to list 9 dedicated server or colocation companies that do not follow this common business practice, but i am always eager to learn.
    Please list the 9+ companies that do not disable an account, when the account is overdue. thanks!
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Thread cleaned.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc View Post
    Right but you can see where the customer gets the confusion they have not accepted a ToS when it's not explicitly given to them - which in this case sounds the same. Either way however I would imagine you have provisions even on your invoices which clearly indicate your terms. It was simply a note that this is a potential oversight on your part which may need extra clarification.

Either way the customer is in the wrong.
    Seems my response had been pruned.

We make the terms very clear, requiring it through on-site sign-ups, having it on every page of our web site, and on all written contracts. These sorts of custom setups direct through a sales staff member without going through the site is an uncommon situation, but you're correct, we will be clarifying that in the procedures from here on out.

To note, we have also cleared up the language in our terms of service and in the late payment notices to make it absolutely clear that the entire account would be suspended due to non-payment.

I appreciate the input. This has only been an issue once in the past 6+ years of this policy's existence, so we have not really re-reviewed all the terminology and email wording frequently.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

Personally, I find it hard to believe you've only dealt with companies that will continue providing you service even though your account is past due, past the agreed terms.
    I've had services with several providers and more than half of them have the same policies as you guys. It seems to be more normal than not from the providers view, obviously.

Exactly, if you have one server past due that you're not using anymore how are we supposed to collect on that? If we just suspend that you're not going to notice, we're never going to be able to collect on it.
    I literally could not have said it better myself.
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Steadfast Networks policies sound perfectly fine. Even if you didn't agree to a TOS, don't you think it would be proper to put in a cancellation request. I'm sure that they would of rather gave that server up to someone else who would actually like to use it and not having to play around with your guessing game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12