Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

* What kind of mouse do you use?

What kind of mouse do you use with your desktop and notebook?

I have gone through so many while looking for the perfect balance of weight/comfort/features. After using so many different types of wired, wireless, bluetooth/rf, laser/infared, trackball, I realized there is only one mouse that really has everything I like.

Logitech Performance Mouse MX. This is the new flagship mouse that took the Revolution MX's place. It's beautiful, comfortable, the perfect weight and balance, and it works on ANY surface - including glass. The scroll wheel has the option to dislodge it from its gear and let it spin freely. This allows you to scroll with many pages with one little flick. It's now on sale too, so it's finally under $100.

Does anyone else have a particular mouse that they swear by?
    GorillaServers Inc | Direct Unmetered Dedicated Servers

I use a Logitech G5, it's been with me for over a year now, and it's taken a lot of abuse; from falling off the desk to constantly moving around with my computer whenever I travel. It's been a great sport and I couldn't have asked for any more.

The fact that it's USB is just a no brainer, if you're going to buy a performance mouse, make sure it's wired so you don't eat through batteries or worry about RF range. The adjustable DPI on the mouse and the weight cartridges are awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by SeedPlox View Post
    I use a Logitech G5, it's been with me for over a year now, and it's taken a lot of abuse; from falling off the desk to constantly moving around with my computer whenever I travel. It's been a great sport and I couldn't have asked for any more.

The fact that it's USB is just a no brainer, if you're going to buy a performance mouse, make sure it's wired so you don't eat through batteries or worry about RF range. The adjustable DPI on the mouse and the weight cartridges are awesome too.
    That's a nice one as well, and especially for gaming. I've used it in the past. I have several wired performance mice, but for everyday work use at my desk I HATE using a wired mouse. Battery life and range aren't an issue anymore. These are rechargable and hold a charge for 3-4 days. Also, comes with a wall charger and a usb wired charger so the mouse becomes wired while it's charging and in use. You get the best of both worlds.

For overall ultimate DPI and sensitivity wired usually can't be beat, but now wireless mice can do 5600 DPI.

The MX has every feature I could ever want. Finally happy with my mouse

i'm using a standard of $10 logitech mouse
    please cmiiw always

I have a laser mouse and its OK for the most part..... (IS QUITE A PAIN THOUGH IF THE MATT GETS DIRTY ITS ON,IT DOESNT MOVE THE POINTER VERY WELL WHEREAS A BALL MOUSE STILL WOULD)

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I have a laser mouse and its OK for the most part..... (IS QUITE A PAIN THOUGH IF THE MATT GETS DIRTY ITS ON,IT DOESNT MOVE THE POINTER VERY WELL WHEREAS A BALL MOUSE STILL WOULD)

A ball mouse would pick up that dirt though. Dust and dirt gets up in the ball's chamber and eventually makes it stick and clogs everything up. The only ball-based option that I think is acceptable is a trackball setup. Some people swear by them, but I'm not nearly as fast with them as I am with a normal mouse.

What type of laser mouse do you use? I love the darkfield laser on these new MX. Really sweet, works on any surface.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBox View Post

Logitech Performance Mouse MX.
    I have the same one. Works perfectly well for me.

mighty(apple) mouse. no matter i'm using my macbook or toshiba. i need a trackball for horizontal scrolling.
    Carstensz Pyramid Server
    ...:::::: KVM |||| VPS ::::::...

The best mouse(s) I have ever used are Razer mouses. They are EXPENSIVE... I LOVED my Razer Naga it was beautiful, but it costed $70.00.. I sent it back, and got a refund..

Now I use a Logitech cheapo cordless mouse.. I still say Razer mouses are top-of-the-line.

Quote Originally Posted by cpservr View Post
    mighty(apple) mouse. no matter i'm using my macbook or toshiba. i need a trackball for horizontal scrolling.
    trackballs are still very cool for some things like that. they are very precise if you are good with them. nothing beats the trackball for old games like tempest

Quote Originally Posted by bluemer View Post
    The best mouse(s) I have ever used are Razer mouses. They are EXPENSIVE... I LOVED my Razer Naga it was beautiful, but it costed $70.00.. I sent it back, and got a refund..

Now I use a Logitech cheapo cordless mouse.. I still say Razer mouses are top-of-the-line.
    I have a razer gaming mouse, and it is fantastic for gaming. My logitech can't compete with the accuracy and sensitivity of it when gaming.

trackballs are still very cool for some things like that. they are very precise if you are good with them. nothing beats the trackball for old games like tempest
    nothing to worry about that. just use alcohol (real alcohol 70%) and take a clean sheet/paper. already 2 years now and they are very precise like a new one.
    Carstensz Pyramid Server
    ...:::::: KVM |||| VPS ::::::...

I ditched my mouse a couple of months ago. I'm using an apple magic trackpad now. I don't think I will ever go back.
    HostREA.com
    kirk[@]hostrea.com
    Shared / Reseller cPanel Web Hosting
    WHMCS Templates -Ready to go instant downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by SeedPlox View Post

Same mouse here! I've got the G5 (Blue one).
    Nothing here right now.

Razer Lachesis here, works wonders while gaming

A ball mouse would pick up that dirt though. Dust and dirt gets up in the ball's chamber and eventually makes it stick and clogs everything up.
    Nowadays any mouse is good enough. Gone were the days of ball mouse. I had to unscrew the under neath and clean the axle.

hmm , i use a mouse of Shuangfeiyan , maybe you cannot understand it ,this is a better band in our country .

i always prefer logitech long lasting and simply fast and easy to handle

I have a Logitech Performance Mouse MX
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Magic Mouse here and love it! Before then I was a fan of Logitech ones.
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

Logitech G9 Mouse (it comes with weights so you adjust it, and a slip on thumb rest). It's next to the Logitech G15 Keyboard I use. When I do my next upgrade I'm getting a better gaming mouse and newer keyboard. I do love the adjustable dpi "on the fly" as it were.
    WHT is now used as the Universal Hosting Helpdesk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyr View Post
    Logitech G9 Mouse (it comes with weights so you adjust it, and a slip on thumb rest). It's next to the Logitech G15 Keyboard I use. When I do my next upgrade I'm getting a better gaming mouse and newer keyboard. I do love the adjustable dpi "on the fly" as it were.
    I had a G15 keyboard but gave it away.. I didn't like it as much as my Microsoft one I have now... mine now is missing the letters
    m, d, c, e, y, o, and l. The only good thing about this is it keeps the kids off my pc, as they don't know what key is what letter
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Logitech Bluetooth MX Revolution Laser Mouse (part of the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution combo), which is essentially the Bluetooth version of the Logitech Performance Mouse MX, and HP Chocolate Wireless Laser Mini Mouse.
    Last edited by GGWH-James; 04-16-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    GG Web Hosting
    Backup, Digital (SSL) Certificates, Domains, Hosting, Privacy Policy, Software
    S/W: Peel Ads, Softaculous, WHMCS Addons (Abuse Mon., Affiliate Peel Ads, Client Stat., Ord. Prevention, Ord. Stat., Softaculous NOC, Sys. Cleanup)
    Authorized Reseller Program

I used a Wacom Grahpire 2 mouse for almost 10 years and it would "skip" pixels at the high resolutions of the current day and I ended up replacing it with a Logitech MX518 mouse that lasted a bit over a year. I'm now using a CM Storm Inferno and I'm happy with it so far.

I don't use a mouse on my laptop.

the best mouse what i think is a Simple Ball or optical mouse.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast